News:

Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

List of Discordian books

Started by Cain, May 09, 2006, 01:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bwana Honolulu

We thought since it's still 5/23/17 in this time zone, it might be the right day to make this public, even though it isn't 100% ready yet...

D.I.S.L.I.B. - the Discordian Internet Society's Library of Interesting Books

QuoteAbout the D.I.S.L.I.B.

The D.I.S.L.I.B. is the Discordian Internet Society's Library of Interesting Books. Or maybe "DISLIB" is just short for Discordian Library. Who knows?

It is a collection of all kinds of stuff, may they be discordian, discordian-related or just interesting for chaotic scholars and followers of other silly cults. We hope that all the collected stuff we are offering is free. In case it isn't, and especially if it is your un-free stuff we are offering *gulp* illegaly here, just tell us (as soon as the corresponding forms are ready), and we take it down.

As you might have guessed from the logo - a winged St. Gulik that has been shamelessly adapted to a pseudo-retro-egyptian style - we have been inspired by the ancient Library of Alexandria. Also, by the Bibliotheca Anonoma project, the Discordian Archives and the Discordian Online Library of the​ M'.'M'.'M'.'​​​, which also provided the base for our current stock.

Speaking of "we" all the time, you might wonder who we are. Maybe you don't. We tell you anyway. Currently, there's two of us: Abbot Ron Oxymo, head of the Ordo Dea Discordia and His Quasaric Sphericity the Bwana Honolulu, head of Zimmer523, the German Discordian AnArchive. But we are open for applications.

Also, submissions. Are you missing some important work? Maybe your own? Give us a hint (again, as soon as the corresponding forms are ready).

A lot of stuff is still missing from the list. We are working on that. And yes, there are other online libraries of free discordian books out there, we know. But redundancy might make sure this stuff won't disappear so quickly, and maybe we can kinda network those libraries. Also we noticed that other listings are very much english-centered, and so we try to cover more languages. There's already some german-language stuff online as well as portuguese writings in the queue.
His Quasaric Sphericity Bwana Honolulu,
Supremest Commander of Suicide Commando Ω−,
Ruler of everything, everything else and nothing again,
Greatgrandpapapope and Metagodemperor in Zimmer523,
Grand Admiracle of the mounted naval cavalry at sea,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Keeper of the holy Q.

Vanadium Gryllz

"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bwana Honolulu on May 23, 2017, 10:29:23 PM
We thought since it's still 5/23/17 in this time zone, it might be the right day to make this public, even though it isn't 100% ready yet...

D.I.S.L.I.B. - the Discordian Internet Society's Library of Interesting Books

QuoteAbout the D.I.S.L.I.B.

The D.I.S.L.I.B. is the Discordian Internet Society's Library of Interesting Books. Or maybe "DISLIB" is just short for Discordian Library. Who knows?

It is a collection of all kinds of stuff, may they be discordian, discordian-related or just interesting for chaotic scholars and followers of other silly cults. We hope that all the collected stuff we are offering is free. In case it isn't, and especially if it is your un-free stuff we are offering *gulp* illegaly here, just tell us (as soon as the corresponding forms are ready), and we take it down.

As you might have guessed from the logo - a winged St. Gulik that has been shamelessly adapted to a pseudo-retro-egyptian style - we have been inspired by the ancient Library of Alexandria. Also, by the Bibliotheca Anonoma project, the Discordian Archives and the Discordian Online Library of the​ M'.'M'.'M'.'​​​, which also provided the base for our current stock.

Speaking of "we" all the time, you might wonder who we are. Maybe you don't. We tell you anyway. Currently, there's two of us: Abbot Ron Oxymo, head of the Ordo Dea Discordia and His Quasaric Sphericity the Bwana Honolulu, head of Zimmer523, the German Discordian AnArchive. But we are open for applications.

Also, submissions. Are you missing some important work? Maybe your own? Give us a hint (again, as soon as the corresponding forms are ready).

A lot of stuff is still missing from the list. We are working on that. And yes, there are other online libraries of free discordian books out there, we know. But redundancy might make sure this stuff won't disappear so quickly, and maybe we can kinda network those libraries. Also we noticed that other listings are very much english-centered, and so we try to cover more languages. There's already some german-language stuff online as well as portuguese writings in the queue.

I am super interested in this and will definitely use the link, provided that you can assure me that Reverend Uncle BadTouch is not affiliated with this project.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bwana Honolulu

Quote from: Xaz on May 24, 2017, 05:58:09 PM
I like your logo.
Thank you. It isn't 100% done yet, though. Like the rest of the page. XD

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 24, 2017, 10:16:41 PMI am super interested in this and will definitely use the link, provided that you can assure me that Reverend Uncle BadTouch is not affiliated with this project.
Currently, there are only two people (including myself) working on this thing, and as far as I know, none of them is any Uncle BadTouch.
His Quasaric Sphericity Bwana Honolulu,
Supremest Commander of Suicide Commando Ω−,
Ruler of everything, everything else and nothing again,
Greatgrandpapapope and Metagodemperor in Zimmer523,
Grand Admiracle of the mounted naval cavalry at sea,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Keeper of the holy Q.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bwana Honolulu on May 25, 2017, 03:22:23 PM
I like your logo.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 24, 2017, 10:16:41 PMI am super interested in this and will definitely use the link, provided that you can assure me that Reverend Uncle BadTouch is not affiliated with this project.
Currently, there are only two people (including myself) working on this thing, and as far as I know, none of them is any Uncle BadTouch.

IP bears him out.  He doesn't seem to be in Texas, nor does he seem to be using a proxy.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Bwana Honolulu on May 25, 2017, 03:22:23 PM
I like your logo.

Excellent!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

KhaosIsKey420

i think dr suess should be on this list lmao :fap: :fap: :fap:
'May chaos break the rules that bind'

THE QLIPHITISER

Mix random pages of random religious scripture together, then publish it. That is your goal. No peaking.
Follower of the 'Kacalinstanphia' branch of Discordianism, which emphasizes a hyper-meta-doctrine of parachaos field theory in relation to dancing submariner zombies, in accordance with Eris' decent into the megazone of the universal mind - which cannot be seen but is felt by all.

0              5              7              11:11                12                      13                     23                 69                        93                666                777                       ∞ / ∞

Everything is a lie, nothing is relative

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

CorbeauEtRenard

Quote from: Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.) on March 09, 2021, 03:32:05 PM
New 2021 PAPERBACK PD is available (hardcover coming back to Lulu soon)

USA: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Y1VYW3V
UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08Y1VYW3V
Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08Y1VYW3V

Oh man, I've been wanting to replace my hardcover copy for so long. Lent it to a friend and they lost track of it in a move.
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: CorbeauEtRenard on March 11, 2021, 07:31:44 PM
Oh man, I've been wanting to replace my hardcover copy for so long. Lent it to a friend and they lost track of it in a move.
Ooft! I have two misprint proof copies coming in the post (because I am dumb). The third copy is the correct one and will be approved and ready to buy within the next 14 days give or take a few.

If anyone wants one of the misprint proofs, pick up the postage and you can have one.
The only problem with them is that I uploaded a partially updated file and only some of the changes I made went through... Twice!
There's nothing particularly wrong per se, but I wanted to remove references to POEE UK since it's not really operating as intended and won't ever be again. :lulz:

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Third and final proof has arrived and has been approved for distribution. Now we just have to wait 'til it's available on LULU - don't buy this one off Amazon, folks! I'll post a link when it's up.