News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

List of Discordian books

Started by Cain, May 09, 2006, 01:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

"Atlas Shrugged" is made fun of in the Illuminatus! trilogy (and more so in 'Schrodinger's Cat', the parallel-universe pseudo-sequel to I!3), I think RAW uses the title "Atlas Sneezed" in his book (yes, that's a AynRand/orgasm joke).
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

QuoteImmortals born in the thirteenth century, Lucien Riordan and Ranulf Styr have waited centuries to be reunited with their love. Want for her cemented their friendship through time even as it tore it apart. She changed their lives, made them want better, and they plan to show her that. There's only one catch—she's never met them before.

Eris Brue is flattered by Lucien and Ranulf's attention but they are her bosses. She doesn't want to get tangled up in an office romance, especially not with two men. Their joint seduction overcomes her resolve and she gives in even though she knows they are keeping secrets that could doom their relationship.

Centuries of planning have finally come to fruition. Lucien and Ranulf have a short amount of time to make Eris love them, because once time has her, everything could come to an end.

Buy Link: http://www.bookstrand.com/eris

Read the First chapter: http://dreneebagbypresentsfirstchapters.blogspot.com/2010/06/eris-by-d-renee-bagby.html

hooplala

Quote from: Telarus on October 23, 2010, 11:15:39 PM
"Atlas Shrugged" is made fun of in the Illuminatus! trilogy (and more so in 'Schrodinger's Cat', the parallel-universe pseudo-sequel to I!3), I think RAW uses the title "Atlas Sneezed" in his book (yes, that's a AynRand/orgasm joke).

Telemachus Sneezed... both a joke about Ayn and Ulysses, at the same time.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Freeky

Quote from: Pēleus on November 16, 2010, 11:54:39 AM
QuoteImmortals born in the thirteenth century, Lucien Riordan and Ranulf Styr have waited centuries to be reunited with their love. Want for her cemented their friendship through time even as it tore it apart. She changed their lives, made them want better, and they plan to show her that. There's only one catch—she's never met them before.

Eris Brue is flattered by Lucien and Ranulf's attention but they are her bosses. She doesn't want to get tangled up in an office romance, especially not with two men. Their joint seduction overcomes her resolve and she gives in even though she knows they are keeping secrets that could doom their relationship.

Centuries of planning have finally come to fruition. Lucien and Ranulf have a short amount of time to make Eris love them, because once time has her, everything could come to an end.

Buy Link: http://www.bookstrand.com/eris

Read the First chapter: http://dreneebagbypresentsfirstchapters.blogspot.com/2010/06/eris-by-d-renee-bagby.html

:lulz:

the last yatto

Quote from: Telarus on October 23, 2010, 11:15:39 PM
"Atlas Shrugged" is made fun of in the Illuminatus! trilogy

Also is Hot Topic CEO's favorite book

SmokeyMcChickenson

Thus Spaketh The Inexhaustible Grace That Wipes All Our Asses.

wudgar

Shameless whoring; www.zazzle.com/wudgar

the last yatto

its more a subgenius book since it uses the term overman but still worth reading

THus Spoke Zarathustra

MMMW

Noob here! The link to the list of classic discordian reads is broken.
Wanna start a new list of essential readings for noobs like me?
I'll start...

-Principia Discordia
-The Illuminatus Trilogy
-Church of Subgenius

What recent books get to the heart of it?

LMNO

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail

The Chao te Ching (shameless plug)

The LessWrong Sequences

Placid Dingo

The PD,
The Apocyrpha Discordia
The Black Iron Prison
The Zenarchist Cookbook
The Chao Te Ching

That's a pretty good starters list.

Probably I!3 is good too, but I have yet to read it.

St Mae has a good list too http://discordian.com/reading.html
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

the last yatto

Has someone said parapolitics? Its mostly just about conspiracies but there's the sacred chao on page twenty three :lulz:

BjornGrey

Even though Peter Lamborn Wilson/Hakim Bey does not come out and say it, though he does come close on a few occasions, I have always considered him to be the second primary "thealogian," or "atheologian," or Discordianism thinker (Thornley and Hill aside). Of course RAW is the other for this period... you know, the pre-internet boom of Discordian texts. He did a few lecture tours with RAW, published reviews of his work (and vice versa), and wrote him a lovely obit in 5th Estate. [http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/peter-lamborn-wilson-liquor-and-weed-for-him-were-bardic-fuel-peter-lamborn-wilson-s-obituary-f]

The early 1961-1964 Discordian documents stress the importance of non-canonical Discordian works and authors, who they dub "Compilers of Truth-Lay". It seems to me that TAZ, like so many other works (esp. Terry Southern's The Magic Christian) are rightfully placed on Discordian sites as Discordian in nature.

ya dig?