News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

List of Discordian books

Started by Cain, May 09, 2006, 01:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Reverend Uncle BadTouch on June 06, 2008, 06:23:07 AM
Quote from: Cain on February 26, 2008, 12:07:15 PM
I think they mean Verthaine's Book of Eris.

http://poee.co.uk/site/component/option,com_rsfiles/task,files.display/path,...Ancient_Erisian_Texts...bookoferis.pdf/Itemid,28/ should get you to where you want to be.

I'll update the links page.

Oddly enough, it says Book of Eris was added there Jan 01,1970, decades before it was even written.  How'd they do that?

Verthaine probably messed up the target date while travelling between multiverses.  It happens.

Triple Zero

Jan 1, 1970 is the start of the UNIX time epoch.

it's the date/time you get when a UNIX timestamp (measured as seconds since midnight Jan 1 1970) is accidentally set to zero.

so probably a computer glitch somewhere.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Reverend Loveshade

Oddly enough, it says Book of Eris was added there Jan 01,1970, decades before it was even written.  How'd they do that?

Quote from: LMNO on June 06, 2008, 01:23:16 PM
Verthaine probably messed up the target date while travelling between multiverses.  It happens.

Quote from: triple zero on June 06, 2008, 03:35:16 PM
Jan 1, 1970 is the start of the UNIX time epoch.

it's the date/time you get when a UNIX timestamp (measured as seconds since midnight Jan 1 1970) is accidentally set to zero.

so probably a computer glitch somewhere.

Of these two explanations, one is obviously bogus.  (Yes, I know you can see it coming).

Computer glitch?  HA!  Obviously an attempt to cover up St. Verthaine the Goth's Multiversal Transport System!

Reverend "I exposed your evil cover up didn't I? Bwah ha ha" Uncle BadTouch
"Threats should not be tolerated. They're demeaning, they're violations to human rights and no one deserves them."

-- navkat, 20 June 2007, principiadiscordia.com

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Saint Valifer

What did occam's razor do for anybody? it was so dull...and besides, sometimes it's the most complex explanation that's the simplest.

fuck it...i refuse to try and make sense.

damn! you can fit like 1000 characters in a signature?! holy shit!

i'll stop now...

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Cain on February 26, 2008, 12:07:15 PM
I think they mean Verthaine's Book of Eris.

http://poee.co.uk/site/component/option,com_rsfiles/task,files.display/path,...Ancient_Erisian_Texts...bookoferis.pdf/Itemid,28/ should get you to where you want to be.

I'll update the links page.

Because that version of our download module was broken. Now it's slightly less broken, but still broken.
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Iason Ouabache

I just posted "Book of Eris", "Discordia, A Little Game about a Lot of Chaos", "Metaclysmia Discordia", and "Summa Discordia" to Scribd.  Also found an interesting book called "Condensed Chaos".  Haven't read it yet, but it's mostly about Chaos Magick. 

http://www.scribd.com/doc/903994/Condensed-Chaos
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

The author of Condensed Chaos, Phil Hine, is a Discordian... well, as much as any Chaote "is" anything. So Condensed Chaos is probably a Discordian work, but it has less to do with Discordia than it does with Chaos Magic.

His book "Prime Chaos" has two appendicies about neophilic irreligions, entitled Liber Nice and Liber Nasty. Liber Nice is about Discordia, and Liber Nasty is about Cthulhu cults. Hine gives a pretty good introduction to both groups, albeit from a rather occultish point of view.

Iason Ouabache

Got bored so I copied a few more books from POEE to Scribd:  "Aeternus Ille Discordia", "Omiterre Libellus", "Principia Entropius", and "Wise Book of Baloney". 

http://www.scribd.com/people/view/1473479-jablair51

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on July 14, 2008, 11:39:58 PM
The author of Condensed Chaos, Phil Hine, is a Discordian... well, as much as any Chaote "is" anything. So Condensed Chaos is probably a Discordian work, but it has less to do with Discordia than it does with Chaos Magic.

His book "Prime Chaos" has two appendicies about neophilic irreligions, entitled Liber Nice and Liber Nasty. Liber Nice is about Discordia, and Liber Nasty is about Cthulhu cults. Hine gives a pretty good introduction to both groups, albeit from a rather occultish point of view.
That is on Scribd too.  I'll have a look at it. Thanks.

PS. You're welcome, Raphaella.
    \

hooplala

I've still yet to have anyone decode the Important Message on page 16 of the Wise Book of Baloney.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

Quote from: Hoopla on July 15, 2008, 01:16:52 PM
I've still yet to have anyone decode the Important Message on page 16 of the Wise Book of Baloney.

Well that might be because a smart discordian knows better than to waste their time with that, a dumb discordian wouldnt be able to do it, a lazy discordian would just skip it and a Really Real Discordian For Realness has been encoding the answer in every 23rd character of their posts for years now AND YOU STILL HAVENT NOTICED :argh!:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Shit.  True.

But, who knows... maybe I encoded the REALLY BIG SECRET...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 15, 2008, 05:22:56 AM
Got bored so I copied a few more books from POEE to Scribd:  "Aeternus Ille Discordia", "Omiterre Libellus", "Principia Entropius", and "Wise Book of Baloney". 

http://www.scribd.com/people/view/1473479-jablair51
Hey, thanks for that. :)
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Iason Ouabache

I was bored so I started up a bit torrent of a zip file that contains about a dozen Discordian books.  Put it up on both Pirate Bay and Mininova. Here's a link if anyone else wants to help seed: 

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4328787/Discordian_Literature

(Yes, this is a completely legal torrent, so no whining!)
    \