News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Zombie Survival Guide

Started by Guido Finucci, November 19, 2003, 02:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guido Finucci

SssBella: I take it you've seen this?

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/ It's in Flash. *Audio Warning*

Bella

No......this it too cool. 8)

Thank you.....going to check it out now.

PS: Next day......hehehe just bought it. This book purports to teach one how to survive a zombie attack.
I will read it and learn how to circumvent all attempts to escape evil zombie-type snares.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

It has some good advice, but a lot of stuff that I inherantly disagree with.

For example, it purports motorcycles to be the supreme vehicle... which is only true in a case by case basis. IE, for escaping a city where traffic jams become a problem... a motorcycle is obviously a good way to go, but on the open road you cant bring much with you, and you might be better off with something that can carry more stuff (and gets better gas mileage.)

A lot of common sense stuff... Travel with a group, sleeping shifts, saving ammunition, etc.

All in all, the book didnt really teach me anything I didnt already know.

Trollax

Scary...
Which RPG is it a sourcebook for?

I dunno... All Flesh Must Be Eaten?

Malaul

My BF has that book

said it was a good read
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

arjil

good book, but it left out some things- like how to deal with the demon possessed kinda zombies (more active and arcane displays of extreme violence)
or the fun you can have with a zombie hoard, rooftop access, a deep sea fishing rod, an eight pound sledge hammer, and a case of beer.
Order of Wizards Determined to Make Eris Giggle...

Bella

Quote from: arjilgood book, but it left out some things- like how to deal with the demon possessed kinda zombies (more active and arcane displays of extreme violence)
or the fun you can have with a zombie hoard, rooftop access, a deep sea fishing rod, an eight pound sledge hammer, and a case of beer.
Ahem......where exactly is it you live?
Because my zombie hoard and I probably need to stay out of your way.
On a serious note, I liked the book, but it had some serious weak spots......
which of course just made a demon possessed zombie, such as myself, like it even more.  :twisted:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

arjil

no worries, I only splack 'em if they're out for my brains. :lol:
Order of Wizards Determined to Make Eris Giggle...

Verthaine

Who needs a zombie survival guide when you live in New Orleans during Mardi Gras.Zombie hordes have nothing compared to the hordes of drunken,bead wearing frat boys and Brittny wannabee ho's stumblin and pukin down Bourbon Str.
It was only because of the rain and chaos mages like Chicken zombie and myself that prevented the mindless horde from  creating a fratboy apocalyse
Vincent Sebastian Verthaine, K.S.C.
Omni-Belevolent Poly- Father of Hedonism In Black of The Erisian Holy City of the Discordian Parish of New Orleans.

Goddess-Son of Sssbela,Prophetess of Doom

Pastor of the Church of Eris,New Orleans

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Rev.VerthaineWho needs a zombie survival guide when you live in New Orleans during Mardi Gras.Zombie hordes have nothing compared to the hordes of drunken,bead wearing frat boys and Brittny wannabee ho's stumblin and pukin down Bourbon Str.
It was only because of the rain and chaos mages like Chicken zombie and myself that prevented the mindless horde from  creating a fratboy apocalyse

That's nothing compared to the Zombies down in Port-au-Prince.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Pope Lucifer KSC

::Giggles like a schoolgirl:: I Loooooooooove thinking about a world overrun by zombies, me wandering around, gun in hand, bang, dead, driving through a crowd of them and shooting all the while, losing friends while fighting other ambitious humans trying to take over the world while the zombies are running amok, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, there are so many things to do! Can't wait 'till the dead declare full warfare on the living! :twisted:  :P
"If life deals you a bad hand...cheat"
-Great Teacher Onizuka

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Pope Lucifer KSC::Giggles like a schoolgirl:: I Loooooooooove thinking about a world overrun by zombies, me wandering around, gun in hand, bang, dead, driving through a crowd of them and shooting all the while, losing friends while fighting other ambitious humans trying to take over the world while the zombies are running amok, ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, there are so many things to do! Can't wait 'till the dead declare full warfare on the living! :twisted:  :P

Well, they're already in power.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Pope Lucifer KSC

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC

Yay, when does the shootinating begin?
"If life deals you a bad hand...cheat"
-Great Teacher Onizuka

DJRubberducky

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
Quote from: Pope Lucifer KSCso many things to do! Can't wait 'till the dead declare full warfare on the living! :twisted:  :P
Wha?  Do you mean to tell me Cheney finally went and *had* a fatal heart attack and nobody said anything?  So much for the media having a liberal bias! :twisted:
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.