News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Fundamental Theosophies of Principia Discordia (and Eris)

Started by LMNO, May 12, 2006, 11:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: LHXwhile people are sitting around saying hail eris
there is somebody hard at work on an advertising campaign to get you to buy the Next Big Thing,Ñ¢
and keep you in line

::Nominates this for Post of the Day::

Wolfpoet

I can see where your coming from.

My own expereince with the Army shows allot of this.

I get allot of lads coming into the shop and buying up the booze, I'm a caring bloke and these guys are not customers they are friends. So I tend to chat, amazing what a man will say when he's drunk.

They feel trapped in a system they can't escape. Signed up for a certain term, sure there is a way out, they can sign off and many do. But is it realy an option? The whole system beats down on them, giving them a 101 reasons to stay in and  using every tool in the book to keep them.

So they are in a system they hate, doing things they hate and not seeing any way out because the very system of the army reinforces the view there is NO WAY OUT. To the point where the simple act of signing off and getting out of the army is no longer an option because their perceptions have been so fucked up they don't se eit as an option anymore.

So they steadily drink themselves to death.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

LHX

neat hell

LMNO

...And Graud the Greyface chalks up another Citizen as Doing the Right Thing.

They don't see how simply saying "no" could free them.

Or, they're terrified of the uncertainty.

When one is more comfortable with the known torture than the unknown possibilities... Well, around here, we call them Cabbages.

Wolfpoet

And so the aim is not to tell the Soldier to quit.

"Hey mate, your a fucking moron! Sign that line and get your arse out of the army!"

The aim is to make him realise why he hasn't signed that line, lift the false perceptions so he has the freedom to make up his own mind for himself.
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

LHX

now we gettin progressive

plus

he can carry the lesson on to his next experience

'teach a man to fish'
neat hell

LMNO

Yup.  Making him quit would be imposing your will on the poor bastard.

What you want to do is help him impose his will on himself.

After all, we (unfortunately) need an army; some people enjoy it.  Some people freely choose and thrive in it.  Some are actually true warriors, compassionate people who know that fighting & killing truly are the Final Option, to be used only when there is no other choice.  

They are Free.  You are Free.  We are Free.

But sometimes, it's really hard to see that.

Wolfpoet

I'm begining to click here. It's all concepts I've always sort of held but never put into quite the same ways you guys do.

I read the PD, figured out from it what I thought it meant and tried to articulate it here and walked into waht seemd liek a brick wall.

You guys saw a noob who knew jackshit, i saw a bunch of jaded bastards who didn't care.

Now we are getting the middle ground to link the two.

LMNO

Yeah, sorry about that.  I think you showed up at a time when a lot of us Old Cranky Bastards were looking ahead, and weren't really thinking about where we came from.

A true initiation never ends, You can change your cell, but you can't escape the Black Iron Prison, the chains never come off, etc etc.

LMNO
-May be a hypocrite, but at least owns it.

Wolfpoet

I think maybe it's a good time for folks like me, kai-Wren and lady Godiva to show up.

We can help you "cranky old bastards" look ahead. The thing si to look at us not as noobs but as the people your looking ahead at.

We are you guinea pigs guys!

This thread LMNO has managed in the space of one evening to change how i think about you lot and this forum. I was about ready to give up, but now I see where ya coming from.

We've established some common ground and can move on. I think it's important, other noobs can come on to the forum check this thread out and either just read it or add to it.

LMNO

If you have some time, do some more thread archeology.  Look for Verthaine's posts.  He's a multi-dementional warrior for Eris, living in this realm as a cook in New Orleans.  

He's got the Eris mysticism on lock.  

But hey, I'm always up for a little Chaos Theology.  All ya gotta do is ask.

Wolfpoet

Gonna go and sleep on this.

Will eb back tomorrow with some fresh ideas, day off so I'm gonan do some trhead searching too.

Thanks again LMNO for your time and paitence.

LHX

Quote from: WolfpoetI think maybe it's a good time for folks like me, kai-Wren and lady Godiva to show up.

We can help you "cranky old bastards" look ahead. The thing si to look at us not as noobs but as the people your looking ahead at.

We are you guinea pigs guys!

This thread LMNO has managed in the space of one evening to change how i think about you lot and this forum. I was about ready to give up, but now I see where ya coming from.

We've established some common ground and can move on. I think it's important, other noobs can come on to the forum check this thread out and either just read it or add to it.

thats some beautiful shit right there
neat hell

B_M_W

Quote from: LMNOA true initiation never ends, You can change your cell, but you can't escape the Black Iron Prison, the chains never come off

:mittens:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

My job here is done.

Now I gotta go prepare.  I'm playing a minor part it this year's Boston B&D Fetish Ball.

LMNO
-Kinky bastard.