News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

Ask me anything about fending off wild animals.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 19, 2003, 11:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

St. Pynchon

I crave the leathery eggs of the platypus, but wiley Mother Platypus defends her nest with cunning.  How can I satiate my disturbing hunger without getting an eye-full of platypus venom?
MemeCo Buttons

Against the day

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. PynchonI crave the leathery eggs of the platypus, but wiley Mother Platypus defends her nest with cunning.  How can I satiate my disturbing hunger without getting an eye-full of platypus venom?

I suggest a set of safety goggles to protect your eyes, and a pair of razor-sharp hatchets, one duct-taped to either hand, to deal with the possibility of the mother charging.

The most important thing to do, however, is check to make sure that the platypus in question is not the rare "speckled belly" variety, as not only are their eggs poisonous, but the mothers frequently know kung-fu.

Good luck, and happy eating!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Guido Finucci

Dear Roger,

What is the best course of action if one has stumbled into the lair of a three toed sloth and is about to be ravaged by the enraged occupant?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido FinucciDear Roger,

What is the best course of action if one has stumbled into the lair of a three toed sloth and is about to be ravaged by the enraged occupant?

That depends.

If you LIKE being ravaged by a three-toed sloth, I would simply suggest that you use proper protection, and enjoy yourself.

If not, then demand that the sloth respect you as a person, and not as a sex object.  Make sure it understands that "no" means "NO"!

If it doesn't listen, and tries to get wise anyway, I suggest duct-taping a razor sharp tomohawk to either hand, and going to town on his punk ass.

When you have defeated him, which you should (they are slow), ravish HIM, to give him an idea of what it feels like to be used.

Hope this helps.

SMFabal

There is a gient hyperintellegent spider that has moved into my backyard. It has duct taped razor sharp tomahawks to each of it's four front legs. What should I do to get rid of the enraged beast?
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SMFabalThere is a gient hyperintellegent spider that has moved into my backyard. It has duct taped razor sharp tomahawks to each of it's four front legs. What should I do to get rid of the enraged beast?

Whoops.  That's my fault...on another forum, there was this giant hyperintelligent spider asking about Discordians, see...

The short and skinny is, you are F*CKED, unless, of course, you happen to have THESE guys on your side:

Now, if the bomb doesn't work, you could ALL tape razor sharp franciscas to your hands, and hope for the best.

MedeoPlusPlus

Roger:

My sister brought home Cthulhu one day and my parents are letting her keep It as a pet. Cthulhu now resides in my closet and stares at me at night. Help.
1. e4             e5
2. Bc4           Bc5
3. Qf3           Ne7
4. Qxf7++

Guido Finucci

That's hardly a fair question - he's an expert in wild animals, not Great Old Ones.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mad Mod MedeoRoger:

My sister brought home Cthulhu one day and my parents are letting her keep It as a pet. Cthulhu now resides in my closet and stares at me at night. Help.

I suggest you duct tape an elder sign to each hand, and then swat him vigorously.

That's always worked for me.

On the other hand, you COULD always have "Bob" come over and deal with it...but this usually leads to "Bob" getting all hot and bothered, and the mess just isn't worth it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido FinucciThat's hardly a fair question - he's an expert in wild animals, not Great Old Ones.

I have some limited know-how in this area, though I do not promise results.

SMFabal

I suggest frying it with a light coating of sesame oil and serving over rice.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Sir Lyall

I recently gave my cat far to much whiskey and he's turned into a slothful, ungreatful drunkard, and no longer bathes. I've tried 12-step programs, detox, and whippings, but nothing will change his newfound bad attitude. How do I get my once-ferocious hell-beast Muffles back from the good-for-nothing boozing hobo he has become?
mass marketed arcana

~~~~Closed~~~~

Um...how do I deal with a rabid, steroid enraged, grizzly bear?...help...fast...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir LyallI recently gave my cat far to much whiskey and he's turned into a slothful, ungreatful drunkard, and no longer bathes. I've tried 12-step programs, detox, and whippings, but nothing will change his newfound bad attitude. How do I get my once-ferocious hell-beast Muffles back from the good-for-nothing boozing hobo he has become?

Kitty won't change unless Kitty wants to change.

If Kitty doesn't want to change, Kitty will make a nice oven mitt.