News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Ask me anything about fending off wild animals.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 19, 2003, 11:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Generalissimo Horab
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Generalissimo Horabcan you help me with genetically modified, cybernaetically enhanced beaver hounds? i stole some top secret instant patatoe mix from a top secret governemnt agency this morning, and they seem to have my scent now...

Beaver hounds are tough customers, and the ususal fix will not work.

In this case, I suggest you duct-tape a 9' hedge trimmer to each fore-arm, and get busy.

HINT:  Beaver hounds are also violently allergic to haggis.

well it's just that .50 cal depeted uranium rounds weren;t working very well, and one managed to survive the tree eater trap i set for it...

Um, depleted uranium is the main ingedient in Beaver Hound chow.

Rev Roger,
Wishes people wouldn't try these things at home.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

~~~~Closed~~~~

Someone said the C-word! and once I have a sword that can stab things OTHER than ISPs  I'll get ya!

Guido Finucci

As long as your sword is also honey-covered.

riff

So, my roommate was channel-surfing just now, and we caught the end of Mtv's "Room Raiders" (sort of a 'Dating Game' update).  Anyway, the guy was thoroughly dull, but the girl that he picked turned out to be a fairly-cute goth chick, and just before the credits, as they were driving away in the limo for their date, there was this (voice-over) exchange:

Guy: "So, what do you like to do for fun?"
Chick: "Well, I'm into cosplay."
Guy: "You're into what?"

Fade to black. :D
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: RiffSo, my roommate was channel-surfing just now, and we caught the end of Mtv's "Room Raiders" (sort of a 'Dating Game' update).  Anyway, the guy was thoroughly dull, but the girl that he picked turned out to be a fairly-cute goth chick, and just before the credits, as they were driving away in the limo for their date, there was this (voice-over) exchange:

WTF?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

B23.77

cosplay?  Play with cosmetics?  Surely she would have at least been into whippedcreamplay!

Horab Fibslager

cosplay- quite possibly the strangest thing ever. video game companies used to actually pay people to do this, and maybe still do. basically for cosplay you take one part over-zealous gamer. not jsut any gamer mind you, teh sort of gamer who is so obssessed with a particular character from a particular game(or set of games) that they actually have a burning desire to to dress up liek that gamer.

i'm not sure where it goes from here, except they dress up liek the game character. i think it'd be even more disturbing if they acted like teh character while dressed up...

if that still goes past ya, jsut think those crazy raver types with the animal costumes, minus the drugs, the "music" and the "dancing"
Hell is other people.

riff

Quote from: Horabi'm not sure where it goes from here, except they dress up liek the game character. i think it'd be even more disturbing if they acted like teh character while dressed up...

Also (actually, more so) anime characters.

It is, basically, an extraordinarily geeky activity.

I guess it was kind of a you-had-to-be-there moment.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

Malaul

WTF?

I dressed up at Hello Kitty, does that count as Cosplay?
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Lord_Caramac

Quote from: malaul

WTF?

I dressed up at Hello Kitty, does that count as Cosplay?

May the Fnord be with you!
-><-
"This schland is your schland, this schland is my schland..."
-><-
Bart: How would I go about creating a half man, half monkey type creature?
Miss Krabapple: I'm sorry, that would be playing God.
Bart: God-shmod, I want my monkey man!
-><-
Lord BlackLight
aka Lord Helmet
aka ElfBoi
aka Lord Caramac the Clueless, NPIAB
Knight of the Big Toe
aka His Arrogance Pope Cereal I., KBB, GHMB, DHB
-><-
St. Yogi Bear Cabal
-><-
Jabber: elfboi@jabber.org (NOT email - check www.jabber.org)

riff

Malaul

WHOA
thats HOTT

BioMeckKitty

I wear a hello gohty patch all the time
Ill have to post that pic sometime
Coito ergo sum
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Horab Fibslager

holy shit. where'd you get that picture?

you don;t see me cuz i'm behind hte camera, but i'm about to teach that mechkitten the meaning of pwnage :D
Hell is other people.

riff

I b'lieve it was a Google for "warhammer 40k" "hello kitty" that did it... it was a pretty cool page, this girl has a whole army painted in HK theme.

hang on...

Here's the page, and another pic for the lazy:

Malaul

thats PRICELESS
I cant get over that
I used to play warhammer fantasy

I think tht the best pic Ive seen today
Coito ergo sum