News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Rats in the Walls

Started by East Coast Hustle, May 19, 2006, 06:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

There are rats in the walls of the House of Eris. Some of the very people you have come to trust and/or respect, people who you have looked to for wisdom and guidance, people who you had thought were on your side in this great struggle called "life"...those people would seek to harm you, to impugn your integrity, and to belittle and insult your efforts at bettering your world.

Now, this is not one of those nebulous rants where platitudes and invectives are hurled about willy-nilly, with no target other than the big red bullseye of generalization.

No...sadly, this rant is pointed at a specific individual.

An individual who, in spite of prior treachery and backstabbing, was welcomed with open arms into whatever circles he chose to make himself a part of. An individual who would put his own self-interests and sense of elitism and entitlement ahead of the greater good of our kind (mankind).

Call me old-fashioned, but if I have something to say to someone, I say it to their face. This holds true even if what I have to say is directed at a group, and I am but one man. No backhanded sniping is needed in this group of peers. We are beset bay enemies and obstacles from all sides, at all times, and still we are forced to put up with treachery and underhandedness from one of our own?

How can we defend the walls if there are villains already hiding inside our defenses? And, more to the point, how can such a person continue to trumpet their devotion to chaos and freedom in the face of such overwhelming evidence to the contrary? the very existence of such an individual is a black stain on the bright and vibrant heart of Discordia.

how many of you are exicted about what we are trying to do? how many of you have put a great deal of time and effort into this project already? How many of you are filled with a sense of pride when you read through the pages of this forum and see what we are creating?

How many of you are willing to keep perpetuating the endless cycle of letting bad apples spoil good bunches?

This is a notice to those that would seek to tear the very walls of our house down around our ears:

it is YOU who are excommunicated. Not by OUR words or wishes, but by YOUR OWN reprehensible actions.

You are not welcome in our house any longer.

Please take your ball and go home. We don't want to play with you anymore.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Incidentally, two new sermons on the way tonight.  Once I've slept enough so I can remember the first.

Edit: Make that tomorrow.  Too tired to sleep, it wont help.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

LMNO

Sorry, ECH.

I'll pack my bags.

Apologies, everyone.

(no, not really.  Sheesh.)

Heh, I just saw what this rant was about.

(it wasn't LMNO, although taking a shit in my sink was a dick move: thanks LMNO, I'm just glad it was beershits and easily washed out)

Also, the thread this thread was referencing involved spectacular self-ownage and I couldn't help but splurt lol all over it. Now I'm spent but my prostate feels clean.

LHX

LMAO

this is such a vague open-ended exercise

open-source subversion

something that invites people to contribute or leave alone

and it still draws hate

why dont people just take what they can use and run with it?
or if they dont see anything they need
just leave it

- edited for pointlessness -
neat hell

LHX, are ou drunk too?

deet

Quotehow many of you are exicted about what we are trying to do? how many of you have put a great deal of time and effort into this project already? How many of you are filled with a sense of pride when you read through the pages of this forum and see what we are creating?

no goal has been stated.

The only project that has been openly discussed is modernizing the Principia.

What is that "we," are trying to do?
What is it that "we," are creating?
All walls have two sides.

LHX

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamLHX, are ou drunk too?

fatigue

too much super mario bros
neat hell

Wolfpoet

Who the hell is he talking about anyhow?
It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

Scribbly

I think its Irreverend Hugh but... I have no idea why, or why he hasn't just come out and said it... I could also be totally wrong.
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Cain

Because uncertainty increases the fear factor.  It could be any of you, reading it right now.  Everyone is a suspect, leading to a healthy state of paranoia.

8)

Scribbly

I'm a traitor? Damnit! I betrayed everyone so thoroughly I even tricked myself! I'm so darn cunning!

I'm sorry guys, I'll go stand by the stairs  :(
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

East Coast Hustle

the individual to whom it is addressed knows who they are and what they've done.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"