News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

itt LHX asks a ?

Started by LHX, May 29, 2006, 02:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Stations can refuse to air things though and if they're subversive they will likely do this. We might have an arguably reasonable amount of free speech when we're on the streets or on the internet, but when it comes to the masses free speech seems to be non-existent at times.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamStations can refuse to air things though and if they're subversive they will likely do this. We might have an arguably reasonable amount of free speech when we're on the streets or on the internet, but when it comes to the masses free speech seems to be non-existent at times.

IOW, Say whatever you please, but not on their networks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pretty much.

IOW?

In other words?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamPretty much.

IOW?

In other words?

TITCM.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Heh, it seems fucked up that I got that one right away and it took me a few seconds to get IOW.

maphdet

I'm not so sure...I mean, You pretty much can say whatever you want errr...you can express whatever Idea you want, so long as you do it without anyone complaining.
Mostly.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

deet

Would you like your message to be spread to the entire nation? (Assuming your in North America)

Would you like to say whatever you want, to an impressionable audience?

Sex, murder, anarchism, anti-religious tirades?

Becomes a music video director.
All walls have two sides.

maphdet

Me, Persoanlly I would have no mess. to spread.
Whew.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

LHX

martyrs

them

what a bunch of horseshit

this planet is ridiculous
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHXthis planet is ridiculous

Give that man a cigar.

maphdet

Quote from: LHXmartyrs

them

What about other planets?
Just as ridiculous?
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Cain

No, worse.  Also, while you may be able to say nearly anything on the radio, we do not have huge financial backers or stacks of cash lying around.  Also, if it is threatening to their interests, they will refuse it.  Its not like any station in the UK would play Sinn Fein ads during election time, even though they have a lot more money than most political parties to throw around.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Machine Grind DreamStations can refuse to air things though and if they're subversive they will likely do this.
is that so? but as long as you pay up, they'll broadcast it, right? it's not like they're doing the other side's propaganda for free and out of idealism right?
i would think if you can show the money the media doesn't care which side you're on.

(edit: just read the above post, apparently things work differently.)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LHX

Quote from: maphdet
Quote from: LHXmartyrs

them

What about other planets?
Just as ridiculous?

i cant remember
neat hell