News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

itt LHX asks a ?

Started by LHX, May 29, 2006, 02:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: triple zero
Quote from: Machine Grind DreamStations can refuse to air things though and if they're subversive they will likely do this.
is that so? but as long as you pay up, they'll broadcast it, right? it's not like they're doing the other side's propaganda for free and out of idealism right?
i would think if you can show the money the media doesn't care which side you're on.

(edit: just read the above post, apparently things work differently.)

the money you are willing to pay the station to air your subversiveness is a drop in the bucket compared to the money the station is afraid it will lose if your message offends it's audience and corporate sponsors.

leave it to America to find a way to use the free market to supress dissident speech.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Felix

When we say free, we mean free to do just as if it was an authoritarian dictatorship, except for the profit of advantaged citizens.