Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Or Kill Me / Re: It's all the same fuking shite
« Last post by Cain on Today at 02:08:44 am »
I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.
« Last post by Junkenstein on Today at 12:54:09 am »

One week after Democrats in Congress announced their new "populist" agenda—“A Better Deal: Better Jobs, Better Wages, Better Future”—the Yes Men, posing as DNC representatives, took to the stage at the Politicon conference in Pasadena, CA[...]

https://youtu.be/c3wEc9uxKZI

Missed this, I forgot how much I love the Yes Men.
I'm about half an hour into the first lecture. I like how painstakingly honest he is about what is unknown and that he understands the oversimplification epidemic in academia and elsewhere. Going to take the whole 6 hours of stuff one bite at a time, but this seems darn well worth it.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 11:56:30 pm »
Meanwhile, here is Trump not being inclusive

http://time.com/4905420/donald-trump-pershing-pigs-blood-muslim-tweet/

Hours after a deadly terror attack in Barcelona, President Donald Trump suggested that Islamic terrorists should be executed with bullets soaked in pig's blood, praising a discredited story of a 20th-century atrocity.

"Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught," Trump tweeted Thursday afternoon. "There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!"

The tweet referenced a false story that Trump told at rallies more than once on the campaign trail. Trump claimed that during the Moro rebellion in the Philippines between 1901 and 1913, U.S. Gen. John Pershing executed Muslim insurgents with bullets dipped in pig's blood. Trump's retelling of the myth has changed each time
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 11:12:09 pm »
Juggalos, for their many manifest faults, including a lack of knowledge about magnets, have always prided themselves on being very inclusive.
« Last post by Freeky on Yesterday at 10:41:36 pm »
In other news, Juggalos hate nazis.

Aneristic Illusions / Re: OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.
« Last post by LMNO on Yesterday at 10:39:11 pm »
100% troofpaste.
I haven't really thought this out completely, but could the same pattern be applied in IRL communities absent of any visible minorities?

I'm thinking small towns that have been exclusively/massively majority white/cis/het.  It's not anonymity per se, but it does allow for space to say taboo/shitty things about Others, which can start as 'off color' jokes and then becomes a reality tunnel.

Both of these are situations where the individual is protected from blowback. But the shit-talk comes from a different place in each case.

In a homogeneous face-to-face community, people have a safe space to express things that they're really thinking, but might not vocalize in mixed company.

with the anonymous imageboard shitposter, I think most of them don't start off expressing anything that's real to them, it's more about trying to out-edge each other.  And you remain in that space, doing an impression of a racist, and eventually you have built walls around those behaviors, you start to feel it sincerely.

I had a chantard explain some of the culture to me - a lot of people are attracted to the anon imageboard format because it's very hard for people to engage in linguistic turf wars there. You can't really police other people. Your judgments roll right off them. Because a lot of people are just doing a shtick, so all statements could be ironic. And if you read the irony too sincerely, you're the moron that doesn't get the joke. When they enter an IRC channel, they will often just try to say the shittiest thing possible right off the bat, as a litmus test - is this the kind of room where people get easily offended? If someone flips out, that's an easy target for trolling. If everybody is cool, and not easily upset by words, we can have a real conversation. That's the idea, at least.

For those of us that have been on the oldschool PD forum-boardings, you kinda know what I'm talking about. We would approach a forum with the intent of provoking the moderators' territorial impulses, to draw the controlling behavior out of them and then rally the locals against them. Like at wicca.com, we would shitpost in their wand threads - people would be posting pictures of their wands, we would be posting pix of bongs. And then we'd get to have an argument about the definition of a wand. The intent was to jar some of these people out of their uptight patterns, or to bring the anal-retentive behaviors to the surface, where they could be confronted. It's actually an altruistic, playful impulse, albeit a contentious one. But on a long enough timeline, a lot of us started to feel a real annoyance towards these people. You start to lose track of where the act is vs where your real feelings are. (This is why I quit trollin' and got on board with the New Sincerity)

Cause when you're playing the shitbag character (like the Pterodactyl Handler), your brain is coming up with what defenses you'll use, how you'll dismiss the criticism of what you're doing - I mean, it's only a game! But those rationalizations are real.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: WHERE'S YOUR GODWIN, NOW?
« Last post by PretentiousMovieDirector on Yesterday at 09:42:58 pm »
Alright, I'm going to leave you guys probably for another six months with this last, less assholish message of unconventional means to approaching peace.

I'm watching a documentary called Accidental Courtesy. You can see it on Netflix (https://www.netflix.com/title/80105514).

You might have seen it, you might not. You might think it's bullshit, you might not. I probably won't check back to find out, but I think it sums up pretty much part of what I came back here to say.

Catch you cats later.

Are you fucking kidding me? We didn't even get enough for B-Roll and now we're gonna have to shoot the Martini with some asshole off the street. I HAD YOU CONTRACTED FOR 9 PAGES YOU SANCTIMONIOUS SACK OF SHIT.

AND THEN YOU DISRESPECT THE INDUSTRY WITH YOUR SUB-5-STAR NETFLIX DOCUMENTARIES? YOU WOULDN'T KNOW TALENT IF IT BIT YOU IN THE DICK!

I need a fucking latte...

Trent, WHERE'S MY FUCKING LATTE?

Trent is being beaten for putting whole milk in your latte, sir.

Like I'm a FUCKING COW?

I REQUESTED ALMOND BECAUSE I'M LACTOSE INTOLERANT. THAT FUCKER WAS TRYING TO HINDER MY BOWELS!

And nobody is allowed to hinder my bowels except Stanley Kubrick.

I'M GONNA PRESS CHARGES AND MILK HIM FOR ALL HE'S WORTH. WHO'S THE COW NOW, BITCH?

Trent was never gonna be a team player, sir.  I caught him watching Michael Bay flicks.

OOOO BIG ROBOTS, BIG EXPLOSIONS, CONSTANT TERROR.

What an aspie, washed up sell out. He should go back to music video production. All those Transformer movies, and he still didn't understand how to transform into a halfway decent producer.

You know, that Trent fucker was probably working for Michael Bay... He's always been trying to steal my ideas...

WATERBOARD THAT CUNT, AND GET ME MICHAEL BAY'S DIRECT LINE.
Think for Yourself, Schmuck! / Re: ITT: Confess your WOO!
« Last post by Hoopla on Yesterday at 09:41:46 pm »
I believe it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10