Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Literate Chaotic / Re: Five word horror
« Last post by LuciferX on Yesterday at 11:40:25 pm »
 The addressing is not linear
Bring and Brag / LIVING IN A RAW WORLD
« Last post by Bobby Campbell on Yesterday at 10:14:43 pm »
Edit: convinced my friend this was a much better plan, see ya tomorrow!!

I'm glad ya did! It was nice to see you again  :fnord: :fnord: :fnord:

I'll be in Pittsburgh next weekend at the Confluence Science Fiction Convention, doing a couple of presentations:

And my mini art show will be on display all weekend

Aneristic Illusions / Re: OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 07:54:20 pm »
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 07:02:08 pm »
Trump wants another Treason Summit.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 06:25:12 pm »
The entire Republican Party is becoming a Russian asset

As per the article:

“We can speculate on exactly why Trump has been so eager to become Putin’s flunky; it’s obviously a complicated story with roots that go back decades. But what about the rest of the GOP? Some of them have embraced the annexation of their party with gusto, while others are clearly more reluctant. But let’s not forget that they were reluctant to make peace with Trump’s takeover of the GOP, too. Eventually, they realized that since Trump had captured the hearts of the Republican base, they had no choice but to get on board if they wanted to survive.

The same has happened, and will likely continue to happen, with Russia. Had you told them 10 years ago that Russian intelligence was going to mount a comprehensive assault on an American election, they’d say that they would respond to such an attack with a furious rage and leave no stone unturned in learning every detail about it so that any collaborators could be mercilessly punished and no such attack could ever occur again. Today though, they’re mostly eager to get everyone to think about something else.

It may be because they’ve convinced themselves that no tactic is too repugnant, no alliance is too distasteful, and no moral compromise is too loathsome when you’re serving the lofty goal of keeping Democrats from power. Or it may be that they’re terrified that their rabid base will decide that they are insufficiently devoted to the cult of Trump. Whatever the reasons, they’ve traveled a long way down this road already, and it doesn’t look like they’re turning back.”

Here’s the link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/07/20/the-entire-republican-party-is-becoming-a-russian-asset/?utm_term=.f6698c388460
High Weirdness / Re: Operation Jade Helm 15
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 06:18:28 pm »
I will be forever disappointed that President Obama didn’t close down a military base in Texas, to allay the fears of the denizens citizens of that bizarre state.

Anyway, is it too late to cede Texas back to Mexico? For humanity’s sake, I believe we should at least try.

Then, we can give Trump’s the money to build his wall around the Mexican state of Texas. Win-Win!
High Weirdness / Re: Operation Jade Helm 15
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 05:46:31 pm »
So, in case anyone missed this, while Jade Helm appears to be an American-originated conspiracy theory (as far as I can tell), after it was popularised by Alex Jones, it was picked up on and spread by Russian disinfo networks on social media

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/03/martial-law-scare-russian-bots-michael-hayden-jade-helm

“There was an exercise in Texas called Jade Helm 15 that Russian bots and the American alt-right media convinced most – many – Texans that Obama planned to round up political dissidents, and it got so much traction that the governor of Texas had to call up the [state guard] to observe the federal exercise to keep the population calm,” said Hayden, who was CIA director from 2006 to 2009 after serving as director of the National Security Agency.

Rumours spread over the internet, now revealed as apparently fuelled by Russian bots, or fake social media accounts controlled by individuals or software applications. These were not discouraged by high-profile figures including Ted Cruz, the US senator, who said he understood “the reason for concern and uncertainty”, and the actor Chuck Norris, who described it as “likely more than a military exercise”.
Apple Talk / Re: Only Human
« Last post by Brother Mythos on Yesterday at 05:03:20 pm »
Humans are an invasive species. But, I suspect that, in the grand scheme of things, it’s a self-correcting problem. I sincerely hope my suspicions are incorrect, but I’ve yet to see any hard evidence to the contrary.

So, if the end of the world is coming for humanity, Doktor Howl, you try to have fun too.

I will moonwalk on the smoking ruins like Scipio.

Party on Doktor Howl!
« Last post by LuciferX on Yesterday at 10:40:08 am »
D'you 'ave wut IT 'ackes?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10