Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only
« Last post by The Wizard Joseph on December 02, 2022, 04:05:25 pm »
*marks all as read like a boss*

I am very glad to be alive and back on PD again. Gonna take a bit looking around and reading to get refreshed, but also have a fuckload to say after like 2 years in New Orleans.My entire worldview has undergone several revolutions since I last posted. Hail Eris guys!

All Hail Discordia
« Last post by Suu (parody account) on December 02, 2022, 12:05:09 pm »
If anyone is on Hive, apparently you can edit other users posts.

They had a massive security breach as well. Not just editing other posts, everything was leaked, from every user.

Mastodon ain't perfect but I can see why more people are into the idea of decentralized servers.
« Last post by Cain on December 01, 2022, 11:55:43 pm »
Good luck in Zuckland.

I decided to watch a horror movie a friend recommended to me and it is the first time I've ever been genuinely terrified of a horror film. No worse possible outcome. I recommend it if you can get into slow-burns. Like, "Tarkovsky on Quaaludes" slow, but Jesus fuck. There's four things you could count as jump scares, though I don't know if any but one of them counts, and I don't think any of them are particularly scary or memorable aside from "oh wow" factor. It's the slow quiet shit that erodes your sanity.

It's called Skinamarink and there's currently no legal way to see it. I wish I had waited to see it.

Cainad mentioned this on Facebook. I am interested.
« Last post by Trivial on December 01, 2022, 04:43:03 pm »
If anyone is on Hive, apparently you can edit other users posts.
« Last post by altered on November 30, 2022, 06:24:36 pm »
Oh yeah: Thinking back, there are only two shots with any blood at all. In both cases, you donít see what causes the blood at all ó it happens offscreen. I donít think the first one is particularly scary at all, and though the second one is really constantly ratcheting terror up, itís mostly for reasons that have nothing to do with the blood.
« Last post by altered on November 30, 2022, 06:13:31 pm »
Slower, and far more bizarre. Fully half of the run time is spent staring at pitch darkness or trying to look at the outlines of something in the darkness through the film grain. I think itís safe to say less than 30 things happen in the whole film, and Iím talking about a very expansive definition of ďthings that happenĒ. Most of the film is nothing but watching the dark in near silence, straining to make out things moving or any sounds.

Itís abstract horror. I think itís the most abstract horror possible. All the things polished away, leaving an elemental fear.
« Last post by Anna Mae Bollocks on November 30, 2022, 02:25:38 pm »
Wooooooot! Requested.
I should have known you'd outsmart the jackholes.

Good luck in Zuckland.

I decided to watch a horror movie a friend recommended to me and it is the first time I've ever been genuinely terrified of a horror film. No worse possible outcome. I recommend it if you can get into slow-burns. Like, "Tarkovsky on Quaaludes" slow, but Jesus fuck. There's four things you could count as jump scares, though I don't know if any but one of them counts, and I don't think any of them are particularly scary or memorable aside from "oh wow" factor. It's the slow quiet shit that erodes your sanity.

It's called Skinamarink and there's currently no legal way to see it. I wish I had waited to see it.

So creeping suspense, sort of like like Hitchcock but gorier?

« Last post by altered on November 30, 2022, 08:52:04 am »
Good luck in Zuckland.

« Last post by Doktor Howl on November 30, 2022, 03:37:04 am »
I made it past Facebook's drivers license thing!

In as Harry Canyon.
Apple Talk / Re: FOUND IT AGAIN
« Last post by Doktor Howl on November 30, 2022, 03:15:14 am »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10