News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Portuguese Chourico and Peppers

Started by Suu, August 28, 2010, 02:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I'm doing this today, it's in the crock pot as we speak...

2lbs of chourico, I slice it, but a lot of people will remove the casing and crumble it.
2 green peppers, chopped
2 sweet onions, chopped and peeled
2 tbsp of crushed garlic
1 can of tomato paste
1 cup of water
1 cup of red wine.

...Throw it all in a crock pot for 8 hours on low.

Done.

Though my current batch is almost twice as big and I have to cook it in half the time. Should be fine though as long as I monitor the temps.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Doing this tomorrow.  YUM.

ETA: what do you serve this with, by the way?  Bread?  Rice?

I served it on a roll like a sammich.

Jenne

Who's frungle? :lol:  I am thinkin' sourdough bread, so sounds perfect.

Suu

Frungle is GS's lurker account.

As for bread, sourdough will work, but if you have access to good Portuguese sweet bread or a flaky Cuban bread would be your best option. It has to be a white bread.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jenne

Yeah, no access to the Portuguee or Cubano--but I did have some fresh sourdough!  I also sub'd beer for wine.  Turned out REALLY delicious!  I put a dollop of plain yogurt on top, and boy it was awesome!

Jenne

Yeah, no access to the Portuguee or Cubano--but I did have some fresh sourdough!  I also sub'd beer for wine.  Turned out REALLY delicious!  I put a dollop of plain yogurt on top, and boy it was awesome!