News:

By the power of lulz, I, while living, have conquered the internets.

Main Menu

Legend of the Green Dragon

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2010, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

Quote from: Liam on October 29, 2010, 03:00:08 PM
QuoteWho is Cthulubrando, btw? He just joined the clan, but I dunno who it is.

that would be me!

I honestly feel shady towards whoever I killed, the "benefits" were not worth it!

SORRY! WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

With Zombie Jesus on our side, nothing can stop us.

His all consuming love is eternal!

Payne

Quote from: Liam on October 29, 2010, 03:11:51 PM
I shall take the probable upcoming revenge attacks with good grace :D

No no, revenge attacks are only for those that kill us.

All previous sins are forgiven.

And you get to pile on anyone that kills your new clanmates with impunity in the future. Just no killing of other players from now on except for those exceptional circumstances.

Payne

Quote from: Liam on October 29, 2010, 03:16:04 PM
no, no, i meant the dude I killed attacking me for revenge, which is fair doos.

Well, it's up to you. But all your sins are forgiven by Zombie Jesus as of the now, so we may decide to take action against him if he kills you anyway...

East Coast Hustle

I'm going to start specifically targeting ZJR clanmembers for merciless slaughter.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

Quote from: First City Hustle on October 29, 2010, 05:35:45 PM
I'm going to start specifically targeting ZJR clanmembers for merciless slaughter.

Bring it.

I of course was just looking for some kind of in-game mechanism to reduce the fearsome killing of n00bs that makes people enjoy it less. It's not that we don't want to or can't fight...

East Coast Hustle

those noobs need to pull up their big-boy pants. Or go back to playing farmville.

BTW, I've been slaughtering your people. And I won't stop until we're locked in a feverish all-out clan war.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Jasper

I got it from /tg/, where they call dwarves dorfs.  I think it's a dwarf fortress thing.

Eater of Clowns

Awful lot of smack talking from people who, as far as I can tell, are hiding in The Progress Bar.   8)

Dorf is a goofy nickname I've seen around as long as I've been playing RPGs, I'd be interested to know where it originated as well.  Dwarf Fortress, you say, Sig?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Jasper

Tried to play it once myself, got scared and ran away.  I like interfaces that don't make me think.

Golden Applesauce

I just payed 250 gold to kill LMNO, and then retired to the fields at 18 health.

BRING IT
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Jasper

I was just killed with diplomacy.  By an ORC.

BRING IT.

Eater of Clowns

Cram, not sure if this is something you control or if it's a game thing.

I rolled a Dark Elf this time around, which gets a defense bonus.  While other race bonuses scale up in levels, this has stayed at .7 from levels 1 to 13.  Not sure if that's working as it was meant to or not, just seems odd.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cramulus

SO

Attention seems to be winding down a bit. There used to be 7 pages of news every day, now it's more like three.

I attribute this to a few factors --

--people got hooked, made like 5 alts, and burned themselves out on the game
--people slay the dragon and are bummed that the game's more or less the same on the second play through --ie not enough new content in newgame

I had to turn down my involvement for a while because I had a really hectic work week and this shit distracts me like nobody's business.

So my question for you cats is:

---how can we make the game better?

One possible thing on the table is to reskin it and rewrite it... I went to a site the other day that was running a LOGD variant set in a steam punk universe. This sort of rewriting is extremely possible using the translation wizard. Basically, if you're a mod, and you turn on the translation wizard, a little T icon appears after every block of text. If you click on it, a window pops up and allows you to write a "translation" of the text. This was originally designed to help port the game into German, but people have used it to re-write the entire game. I think with a team of 5 or so people this would be fairly quick.

Maybe instead of a dragon we'd be killing some beast summoned by the Illuminati. All the trainers could be Discordian figures like Zarathud, St. Gulik, and Robert Anton Wilson. And we could rewrite a lot of the monsters, etc, to be more Discordian themed. It's even possible to add graphics to certain screens - so when you go into the forest, (or whatever it'd be called), you'd see a photo or illustration of that zone. It would really feel like a community production instead of a LORD clone.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

well i would still be addicted if i hadnt learned about transformice  :D

i'm still playing just not at every day like before