Principia Discordia

Principia Discordia => Propaganda Depository => RPG Ghetto => Topic started by: LMNO on November 10, 2010, 04:54:49 pm

Title: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 10, 2010, 04:54:49 pm
Signup for another Spiders game here.

New twist:  No narration.  Just the facts.

You should know the rules by now.  If not, find the SPIDERS II thread, and read it.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 10, 2010, 04:57:35 pm
Is in.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 10, 2010, 04:57:55 pm
Oh I want to play!!  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Freeky on November 10, 2010, 04:59:51 pm
I'm in!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 05:10:24 pm
In
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 10, 2010, 06:23:49 pm
As a reminder, this game works best with 15+ players.  So recruit more.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 10, 2010, 06:27:56 pm
A Villager is in. (Sitting next to me, not logged in)
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2010, 06:35:30 pm
TGG is in.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 10, 2010, 08:27:07 pm
In
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Wizard on November 10, 2010, 08:42:33 pm
I'm in.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 10, 2010, 09:21:56 pm
Phox is in for round 3.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 10, 2010, 09:22:35 pm
In.

Plan to destroy you all.

Just saying.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 10, 2010, 09:25:00 pm
Fuck it, I'm game.  I'll miss the narration, but still.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Cain on November 10, 2010, 10:43:17 pm
Please don't try and recruit me, I've already stated a lack of interest.  I've already had two PMs, hence the public appeal.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Remington on November 11, 2010, 01:31:56 am
Sign me up
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 11, 2010, 07:23:06 pm
Ok, we have 11.  That may be enought to work.  You guys want to see who else signs up, or do you want to get started?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Freeky on November 11, 2010, 07:46:36 pm
i'm okay with holding out for a few more.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 12, 2010, 05:02:54 am
I can wait for some more. I don't know if 11 would quite work.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: bds on November 12, 2010, 07:26:17 am
I'm in. :)
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 20, 2010, 08:56:16 pm
*poke*
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 20, 2010, 08:58:05 pm
If no one else has signed up by now, they won't, probably.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 22, 2010, 02:03:57 pm
Ok, here's who I've got right now:

Blight
Niamh
Freeky
Roger
A Villager
TGG
Coyote
Semaj
Sigmatic
Eater of Clowns
Remington
BDS
Phox


With this amout of players, I was thinking one Discordian, two spiders.  Yeah?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 03:56:03 pm
Yeah.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 22, 2010, 04:14:11 pm
GAME ON.

Post and then vote.

Spiders and Discordian have been notified.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 22, 2010, 04:15:14 pm
I post.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 22, 2010, 04:18:50 pm
Posting!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 04:21:48 pm
>:/ No pms this morning.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 22, 2010, 04:23:35 pm
OH.  SEVEN VOTES NEEDED.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 04:26:19 pm
I'm not going to vote just yet.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 22, 2010, 04:37:48 pm
::post::
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 22, 2010, 04:41:42 pm
TOAST
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 05:03:38 pm
IS GON BE SO EASY TO WIN THIS TIME GUYS, NO ONE IS POSTING ENOUGH TO SHOW WHO IS WHO! DERP
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 05:08:46 pm
Posting, not voting yet.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: bds on November 22, 2010, 05:29:16 pm
Farrrrrrrt. I mean, posting.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 06:15:44 pm
Well, I have things to do today, spaggos. I'll be around later.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 22, 2010, 06:16:45 pm
Oh!  Well then, I am posting.   :D
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 22, 2010, 06:23:05 pm
Yeah, I'm going to abstain from voting this round. Also as an FYI, I'm probably not going to be on tomorrow until after 10 pm.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 22, 2010, 06:42:12 pm
First round SHOULD be an abstain, while we wait for the Discordian to do his thing.

Otherwise, we have a 17% of hitting the right target, an 8.5% chance of hitting the Discordian (and with this low a population base, that means we lose), and 74.5% of fratricide, which we can't afford.

We are not going to get clues from the narrative, as LMNO won't be writing any, so it's on the Discordian.

If the Discordian dies, though, we should start a lynching spree, as it's our only chance at that point.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 22, 2010, 06:42:52 pm
Phox is here.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 22, 2010, 06:44:55 pm
If you'd like, I can drop random clues, which may or may not be the truth.  Just to mix things up.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 22, 2010, 06:48:25 pm
If you'd like, I can drop random clues, which may or may not be the truth.  Just to mix things up.

Sounds ok to me, but otherwise I think Roger's got some sound advice for round one.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 22, 2010, 06:53:46 pm
Ok, FACT ONE:  Cramulus is not the spider.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 22, 2010, 06:56:43 pm
How very helpful. I shall keep in mind not to vote for him. :lol:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Wizard on November 22, 2010, 08:36:47 pm
I'm here. And I am also abstaining.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 22, 2010, 08:41:07 pm
Ok, FACT ONE:  Cramulus is not the spider.

It took me a minute but.....  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 22, 2010, 08:42:29 pm
Now guys, remember what happened last time we abstained from voting. We barely escaped alive. LMNO said that some of the clues would be false. Let's start with this one. I vote Cram.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 22, 2010, 08:44:12 pm
Now guys, remember what happened last time we abstained from voting. We barely escaped alive. LMNO said that some of the clues would be false. Let's start with this one. I vote Cram.

I vote Phox :lulz:

cram- 1
phox- 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 22, 2010, 08:45:21 pm
Now guys, remember what happened last time we abstained from voting. We barely escaped alive. LMNO said that some of the clues would be false. Let's start with this one. I vote Cram.

I vote Phox :lulz:

cram- 1
phox- 1


You bastard!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 22, 2010, 08:46:40 pm
Now guys, remember what happened last time we abstained from voting. We barely escaped alive. LMNO said that some of the clues would be false. Let's start with this one. I vote Cram.

I vote Phox :lulz:

cram- 1
phox- 1


You bastard!  :argh!:
I do not see how my parents not marrying has anything to do with this. Thank you very much.
Also,  :kiss:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 22, 2010, 08:53:07 pm
I'm abstaining, because Roger is right.  I haven't run the numbers (no master list yet) but that is the correct method at this point.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 22, 2010, 09:09:54 pm
Ok, here's who I've got right now:

Blight
Niamh
Freeky
Roger
A Villager
TGG
Coyote
Semaj
Sigmatic
Eater of Clowns
Remington
BDS
Phox


With this amout of players, I was thinking one Discordian, two spiders.  Yeah?

Now guys, remember what happened last time we abstained from voting. We barely escaped alive. LMNO said that some of the clues would be false. Let's start with this one. I vote Cram.

Maybe y'all should vote for someone who is actually playing the game.......  :?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 22, 2010, 09:13:14 pm
I vote Niamh, for a broken sense of humor.   :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 22, 2010, 09:15:24 pm
I vote Niamh, for a broken sense of humor.   :argh!:

Then I vote Eater of Clowns because ummmm neener neener neener....

 :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 22, 2010, 09:17:19 pm
I vote Niamh, for a broken sense of humor.   :argh!:
:lulz:

And vote tally not counting absains:
 Cram - 1
Phox - 1
Niamh - 1
EoC - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 23, 2010, 04:36:12 am
Suicide ITT.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 23, 2010, 12:51:40 pm
WAITING FOR TGG AND REMINGTON.  AGAIN.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 23, 2010, 07:00:34 pm
Im stalking to see what everyone else does...
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 23, 2010, 08:14:26 pm
I kind of want to vote off A Villager.  It has a certain warped appeal.

Not that they're even playing, AFAIK.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 23, 2010, 08:23:25 pm
I kind of want to vote off A Villager.  It has a certain warped appeal.

I could see the temptation.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 23, 2010, 11:20:02 pm
A Villager is playing. But not playing didn't stop me from voting for Cramulus.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 12:46:13 am
For some reason I didn't see them in the list when I looked.  Odd.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 24, 2010, 02:17:19 am
A Villager is playing. But not playing didn't stop me from voting for Cramulus.  :lulz:

A Villager is also Girlfriend Blight, as it were.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 24, 2010, 02:41:44 am
A Villager is also Girlfriend Blight, as it were.

I was aware.  :wink:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: ThatGreenGentleman on November 24, 2010, 02:54:53 am
Posting, voting, and possibly making toast (Would've posted sooner, didn't realize game had begun). I vote for... Semaj. As is tradition!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 24, 2010, 03:31:14 am
I was aware.  :wink:

:)

More of a Reintro to everyone. She doesn't post much.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Remington on November 24, 2010, 05:08:25 am
Abstaining
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 24, 2010, 01:25:39 pm
Ok, everyone has posted once.

Voting open until 10:00 am, EST (1.5 hours from now).
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 24, 2010, 03:06:27 pm
NO ONE WAS VOTED OFF.

DISCORDIAN CONVERSION SUCCESSFUL.
SPIDER TRIED TO SUBSUME A DISCORDIAN. 
DISCORDIAN ESCAPED.

THE DISCORDIAN HAS BEEN PM'D THE NAME OF THE SPIDER AND THE NAME OF A CITIZEN, BUT DOESN'T KNOW WHICH IS WHICH.

ROUND TWO BEGINS.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: bds on November 24, 2010, 03:55:09 pm
Does the Discordian fancy dropping clues? If the Discordian comes forward and says the names, we have a 50/50 chance of winning. And if we lose, we still have a spare Discordian.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 24, 2010, 04:01:01 pm
Well remember the Spiders don't necessarily know each other, so only one of them knows the Discordian's identity.  If they out themselves to both, that means they can be attacked every round until they're eliminated.  It'd benefit the team, but they wouldn't be around to see it to the end.

They'd also give the Spiders a pretty good chance of creating The Machine, which has the potential to last at least a few rounds while it's determined which of the two names given are correct.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 24, 2010, 04:02:54 pm
Posting for now.  Waiting to vote...
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 24, 2010, 04:08:07 pm
One Spider is either Coyote or A Villager.

TRY HARDER NEXT TIME.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 24, 2010, 04:12:38 pm
BTW: VOTES NEEDED: 7.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 24, 2010, 04:13:56 pm
toast
also not a spider.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 24, 2010, 04:14:15 pm
Voting for Coyote.

Coyote - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 04:32:50 pm
Hah!  I'll bite.

Coyote - 2
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 24, 2010, 05:16:22 pm
Roger, should we take that as admitting you're the Discordian, or do you have some other reason to suspect them?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 05:22:08 pm
To be clear, he is claiming to be the discordian. 

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 24, 2010, 05:23:36 pm
To be clear, he is claiming to be the discordian. 

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.

If he's wrong about the first one and we get him for it, isn't that effectively punishing him for guessing wrong on a 50/50 and putting his neck out there to help?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 05:28:43 pm
Well, yeah.  There's nothing to say he's not a spider again, posing as the discordian.

ETA:  I should add that I don't anticipate that, it's just my interpretation of what my game theory knowledge is telling me.  Anyone with better should tell me so I can be less dumb.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 24, 2010, 05:30:25 pm
To be clear, he is claiming to be the discordian. 

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.

I was given two names, and guessed Coyote, because he's a shifty bastard.  It could also be A Villager.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 24, 2010, 05:31:07 pm
Well, yeah.  There's nothing to say he's not a spider again, posing as the discordian.

ETA:  I should add that I don't anticipate that, it's just my interpretation of what my game theory knowledge is telling me.  Anyone with better should tell me so I can be less dumb.

So, fuck it, put me on the bus now.   :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 24, 2010, 05:32:09 pm
Voting Coyote.

Coyote - 3
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 05:36:09 pm
I'm just SAYIN.

Look at it from my perspective.  Someone says they're the discordian and they have valuable intel, but can't prove any of it until after we've bussed some people.  I'm willing to suppose that you're probably legitimate, but if one of your guesses is wrong, I have to adjust for the possibility it's a spider gambit.

Are you suggesting we try both?  By then a spider will have eaten you if you're right, and we'll know by then.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 24, 2010, 06:05:03 pm
I'm just SAYIN.

Look at it from my perspective.  Someone says they're the discordian and they have valuable intel, but can't prove any of it until after we've bussed some people.  I'm willing to suppose that you're probably legitimate, but if one of your guesses is wrong, I have to adjust for the possibility it's a spider gambit.

Are you suggesting we try both?  By then a spider will have eaten you if you're right, and we'll know by then.

Or you could be the spider trying to throw the Discordian under the bus before they can form a cabal while you are desperately trying to build the machine....

I'm just sayin....   :lulz:

Oh and I vote Coyote!!

Coyote - 4
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 06:13:00 pm
That is possible as well.  And YOU could be a spider trying to mask yourself by suggesting-

and so on until nothing makes sense ever again.  Isn't recursion lovely. :lol:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 24, 2010, 06:13:36 pm
I vote Coyote.

5
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Wizard on November 24, 2010, 07:02:12 pm
I'll vote for Coyote

6
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 24, 2010, 07:24:48 pm
I'll vote for Coyote

6

I vote Coyote

7 :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 07:40:07 pm
You know that ploy has never once worked, right? 

I DEMAND MORE SOPHISTICATED MANIPULATIONS, DAMN IT ALL!!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 24, 2010, 08:41:16 pm
Well, might as well throw it out there. Since it looks like a we are hitting Coyote hard. I'm going to vote... Coyote. And remember what hapened last time a Discordian came forward with the spider names and we didn't believe him? Oh, right, we went half a game without Discordians. I seem to recall that working out to a lucky guess winning it for us.

Coyote - 8
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 09:13:41 pm
More of a cheaty guess, but I take your meaning.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 24, 2010, 09:27:10 pm
Cheaty guess?  We had no evidence against you except your one abstain vote. It's not my fault everyone happened to view it the same way I did.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 09:29:13 pm
Read the old thread.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 24, 2010, 09:33:38 pm
I knew he was the spider that last round because I saw Dok's mail. :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 09:35:51 pm
Revenge will be mine. 

Anyway, I think Coyote's basically fucked at this point.  What say we chop his head off or something?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: bds on November 24, 2010, 09:37:40 pm
Voting is moot at this point anyway, but I'm throwing my support behind the LYNCH COYOTE PARTY anyway.

Coyote - 9
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 24, 2010, 09:37:52 pm
I knew he was the spider that last round because I saw Dok's mail. :lulz:
:lulz:

I didn't know that, and I'm the one who led the crusade against you, Sigmatic.

ETA: I did not crusade against Freeky.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 24, 2010, 09:42:28 pm
Yes, post your lulz emoticons.  LAUGH at me.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 24, 2010, 09:43:55 pm
It IS funny that you got found out by creative cheating, and I didn't even know it. I thought I was being clever or something.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: ThatGreenGentleman on November 25, 2010, 12:22:55 am
Going with the mob for now. I vote for Coyote!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 12:33:29 am
What the hell.

Voting Coyote.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 12:51:58 am
Ahem.

I change my vote.

I'm voting for A Villager. She didn't tell me directly, but the evidence, as I see it, points squarely at her.

Blight,
Probably in deep shit.


Coyote- 9
A Villager- 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 25, 2010, 01:02:35 am
actually it's

Coyote - 10
A Villager - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 01:08:47 am
actually it's

Coyote - 10
A Villager - 1

My mistake.

Anyway, here are the facts as I know them:

1) She let it slip to me that she received a PM from LMNO. I accidentally confirmed this when we were going to look something up online and she left that tab up. I turned away so as not to discover which one she was. But, I know that she is either Spider or Discordian.
2) Roger gave two names. One of them is hers. If Roger's the spider, then naturally he would lie about it and try to get rid of the Discordian. We all know he would do that. However, I have my doubts that he would be a spider two games in a row.
3) Only 2 spiders are needed to make the Machine. It will be obvious to the other spider candidates to start going after starting this round.
4) A Villager is the best lead I have to prevent the Machine from happening.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 25, 2010, 01:17:47 am
My mistake.

Anyway, here are the facts as I know them:

1) She let it slip to me that she received a PM from LMNO. I accidentally confirmed this when we were going to look something up online and she left that tab up. I turned away so as not to discover which one she was. But, I know that she is either Spider or Discordian.
2) Roger gave two names. One of them is hers. If Roger's the spider, then naturally he would lie about it and try to get rid of the Discordian. We all know he would do that. However, I have my doubts that he would be a spider two games in a row.
3) Only 2 spiders are needed to make the Machine. It will be obvious to the other spider candidates to start going after starting this round.
4) A Villager is the best lead I have to prevent the Machine from happening.
:aaa:

That puts everything in a whole new light. I change vote to A Villager.

Coyote - 9
A Villager - 2
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 25, 2010, 01:26:46 am
My mistake.

Anyway, here are the facts as I know them:

1) She let it slip to me that she received a PM from LMNO. I accidentally confirmed this when we were going to look something up online and she left that tab up. I turned away so as not to discover which one she was. But, I know that she is either Spider or Discordian.
2) Roger gave two names. One of them is hers. If Roger's the spider, then naturally he would lie about it and try to get rid of the Discordian. We all know he would do that. However, I have my doubts that he would be a spider two games in a row.
3) Only 2 spiders are needed to make the Machine. It will be obvious to the other spider candidates to start going after starting this round.
4) A Villager is the best lead I have to prevent the Machine from happening.

Blight, put that pointed finger away, there are much better uses for it  :wink:

Your story makes me suspicious of you and Roger...

1 Vote for Roger.

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 01:29:15 am
Blight, put that pointed finger away, there are much better uses for it  :wink:

Your story makes me suspicious of you and Roger...

1 Vote for Roger.



Problem is, is that when Roger decided to go after one of the names he was given, it wasn't you. If he was the spider, and failed to subsume you, he'd have been all over getting you on the bus. He just chose wrong.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 25, 2010, 01:48:35 am
Problem is, is that when Roger decided to go after one of the names he was given, it wasn't you. If he was the spider, and failed to subsume you, he'd have been all over getting you on the bus. He just chose wrong.

Yeah it makes sense, except that you're wrong.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 01:50:38 am
Yeah it makes sense, except that you're wrong.

Please elaborate.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 25, 2010, 01:51:58 am
Please elaborate.

Well, I'm not a spider. That was really well thought out though.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 25, 2010, 01:58:57 am
It'd be really fucked up if both Blight and Villager were the Spiders, and able to collaborate all meatspace style on this little drama we're seeing played out.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 02:04:31 am
It'd be really fucked up if both Blight and Villager were the Spiders, and able to collaborate all meatspace style on this little drama we're seeing played out.

If she were the spider why would I try to throw her on the bus?

Edit-
If she and I were both the spider
Thought expression fail.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 02:12:44 am
Well, I'm not a spider. That was really well thought out though.

You have yet to make a proper rebuttal.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 25, 2010, 02:21:28 am
You have yet to make a proper rebuttal.


Your spidey sense deceives you, or you're trying to trying to divert attention. Haven't decided which.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 02:26:50 am

Your spidey sense deceives you, or you're trying to trying to divert attention. Haven't decided which.

Well, you haven't given me any reason to think that you're not the spider other than you saying so, which, anyone can do.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 25, 2010, 02:36:03 am
A Villager, if you aren't the spider, show Blight the PM you got from LMNO, and that will prove that you aren't. If you won' do that, then, well, you probably are the spider.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 25, 2010, 03:01:20 am
If she were the spider why would I try to throw her on the bus?

Edit-
If she and I were both the spider
Thought expression fail.

Well with this being a drama, I was preparing for a final act staged conclusion that she couldn't be the Spider, and trying to throw someone else under the bus.  It'd be a pretty clever tactic, you have to admit.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 25, 2010, 03:08:48 am
Well with this being a drama, I was preparing for a final act staged conclusion that she couldn't be the Spider, and trying to throw someone else under the bus.  It'd be a pretty clever tactic, you have to admit.

Too much risk of backfiring, I think.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 25, 2010, 03:42:24 am
Yeah, I'm not seeing it EoC.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 25, 2010, 03:46:48 am
Eh, that's fine.  I started the thought with "It'd be fucked up if," so yeah I'm not seriously suggesting it.  Just law of 5's some dialogue in there or some shit, I'm not here to do your imaginationing for you, you bastards.   :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 25, 2010, 04:04:05 am
So do we keep going with trying to vote off Coyote, or switch to A Villager?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 25, 2010, 04:12:59 am

Voting for  A Villager
Coyote- 8
A Villager -3
Roger- 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 25, 2010, 04:38:06 am
Yeah, me too.   That's two hints of evidence against her. 

Coyote - 7
A Villager - 4
Roger - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Triple Zero on November 25, 2010, 08:57:50 am
Switching my vote to A Villager, as well.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 25, 2010, 04:54:45 pm
Hm.

I vote for A Villager as well, if only because we have to vote one of them off.

 AV  7
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: bds on November 25, 2010, 04:57:13 pm
Switching vote to A Villager.

I THINK THE TALLY IS AS FOLLOWS

Coyote - 4
A Villager - 7
Roger - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 25, 2010, 06:55:26 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, Triple Zero is not a CitizenTM. He does not receive a vote.  Also, he did not vote earlier anyway.

Correct tally (As far as I can tell):

A Villager - 6
Coyote - 5
Roger - 1

And, Trip for that, you are next, Dutchspag!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 25, 2010, 07:46:24 pm
Ladies and gentlemen, Triple Zero is not a CitizenTM. He does not receive a vote.  Also, he did not vote earlier anyway.

Correct tally (As far as I can tell):

A Villager - 6
Coyote - 5
Roger - 1

And, Trip for that, you are next, Dutchspag!  :argh!:

A Villager definitely has 7 votes. I just checked. Dunno about the others.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 26, 2010, 08:15:03 am
I only get 7 including Trip.  :?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 26, 2010, 04:32:18 pm
I didn't realize Trip wasn't playing, I thought you were insinuating he was a spider or something. My bad.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 26, 2010, 04:39:52 pm
It is becoming increasingly difficult to deal with Dr. Blight's accusations in real life, and his suggstion that I eat "french flies" and that with my fear of spiders I must be scaring myself a lot.

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 26, 2010, 06:10:36 pm
It is becoming increasingly difficult to deal with Dr. Blight's accusations in real life, and his suggstion that I eat "french flies" and that with my fear of spiders I must be scaring myself a lot.



:lulz:

The first part of this statement is erroneous. Villager is actually entertained by my accusations.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 26, 2010, 06:38:58 pm
Make him take you Black Friday shopping, like a good spider would.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 26, 2010, 07:12:11 pm
I didn't realize Trip wasn't playing, I thought you were insinuating he was a spider or something. My bad.

Oh.  :lulz:

Sorry about that.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 26, 2010, 07:25:06 pm
Make him take you Black Friday shopping, like a good spider would.

 :lulz:
We're going to a show tomorrow night at the Middle East, so we have to save a couple of bucks for admission and beer.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 28, 2010, 03:25:34 am
A Villager definitely has 7 votes. I just checked. Dunno about the others.

Changing my vote to Villager

Villager = at least 8.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on November 29, 2010, 01:56:21 am
 :sadbanana:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 29, 2010, 01:19:54 pm
HOPE EVERYONE HAD A NICE THANKSGIVING.

REMINGTON HAS STILL NOT POSTED THIS ROUND.

VOTE COUNT:

A Villager: Blight, Phox, Coyote, Sig, Fracture, BDS, TGRR (7)

Coyote: EoC, Niamh, Semaj, TGG (4)

Roger: A Villager (1)

I will wait until Noon for Remington to post.  If he hasn't by then, I'll move on.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 29, 2010, 01:39:21 pm
ALSO, A CLARIFICATION:

If Alice is a Discordian, and converts Bob, who then converts Cindy, Cindy then can create a Cabal by converting Alice:

A -> B -> C -> A = [A+C]

However, because of the "no backsies" rule, Bob cannot be converted into the Cabal by neither Alice nor Cindy.

It has been suggested that this doesn't reflect what would actually happen in real life, so I am making an Executive RULE that if the above happens, then all three are in the Cabal.

A -> B -> C -> A = [A+B+C]


Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 29, 2010, 02:28:34 pm
Posting!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 02:35:22 pm
Posting!

We're still waiting for Monsieur Remington le Canadien to vote.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 29, 2010, 02:38:39 pm
I doubt Remmy's commitment to Sparkle Motion.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 29, 2010, 05:04:41 pm
OK, TIME'S UP.

A Villager was kicked out.  They were one of the Spiders.  I was wondering how having two people sharing a computer was going to work out.

No one was Subsumed.

No one was Converted.

12 citizens left, 7 votes needed to kick someone off.

BEGIN ROUND THREE.

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 05:09:06 pm
OK, TIME'S UP.

A Villager was kicked out.  They were one of the Spiders.  I was wondering how having two people sharing a computer was going to work out.

No one was Subsumed.

No one was Converted.

12 citizens left, 7 votes needed to kick someone off.

BEGIN ROUND THREE.



It was actually more conversation where she slipped up at first. The open tab only let me know that the slip up wasn't an intentional misdirection.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 05:15:35 pm
A Villager was kicked out.  They were one of the Spiders.  I was wondering how having two people sharing a computer was going to work out.

That's how Siggie got caught last time.   :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 29, 2010, 05:19:35 pm
It occurs to me that perhaps most of these games have been won by using information gained outside the standard field of play.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 05:19:58 pm
That's how Siggie got caught last time.   :lulz:

It certainly didn't help that she admitted that my logic was sound, but offered up no facts to the contrary. Also, your giving out of two names pretty much clinched which one she was.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 05:22:09 pm
It occurs to me that perhaps most of these games have been won by using information gained outside the standard field of play.

Yeah, it was Freeky's and Fred's info from IRC that formed the cabal in the last game (ineffective though it was in staying around). I think it adds an interesting dimension to the game play, but if you think it gets in the way, let us know.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 29, 2010, 05:24:49 pm
I just set the events into motion.  What happens after that is all y'all.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 06:29:56 pm
Incidentally, I am a dead motherfucker.   :lulz:

Also, nobody got subsumed, and Remmy didn't post.  Just saying. (Of course, nobody got converted, either).

TGRR,
Spider chow.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 06:56:34 pm
Incidentally, I am a dead motherfucker.   :lulz:

Also, nobody got subsumed, and Remmy didn't post.  Just saying. (Of course, nobody got converted, either).

TGRR,
Spider chow.

Well, the good thing is is that you still have a 50% chance of not getting subsumed, and it might be risky for the spider to try to go at you again, seeing as how there is one spider left and two Discordians, and it being accomplished in the second round.  I'm just as likely to get subsumed for blocking the Machine.

It is interesting that Rem didn't post. I'll have to go back and look to see who else is suspect. If I recall, 4 people didn't switch their votes from Coyote.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 07:22:36 pm
Hmm.  It probably is Remington, but I don't think we should bus him. 

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 07:25:26 pm
Hmm.  It probably is Remington, but I don't think we should bus him. 



Due to not knowing for sure?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 07:26:37 pm
Due to it would make for a boring win.

Yes, I am suggesting we TOY with the spiders.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 07:55:56 pm
Due to it would make for a boring win.

Yes, I am suggesting we TOY with the spiders.

 :hosrie:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 07:57:21 pm
Also, if I'm honest, I was kinda rooting for them.  They're really the underdogs.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:00:30 pm
Also, if I'm honest, I was kinda rooting for them.  They're really the underdogs.

Yeah, last game was kinda hard, but even then they lost.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:01:38 pm
We only made one real mistake.  That's all it took.  The rest was bad luck.

Note:  Yes I am a sore loser.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:02:43 pm
To be clear, he is claiming to be the discordian. 

I'm going to vote for his claim this time.  If it turns out to we were deceived, we go after Roger.  If that doesn't work, we go after his other guess.

That's my plan anyway.

I think we should bus Siggie, for suggesting that being wrong on a 50-50 split means you vote the discordian off before the other option.  The math doesn't suggest that, and he knows it.

I think Siggie is the spider.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:03:26 pm
Due to it would make for a boring win.

Yes, I am suggesting we TOY with the spiders.

Good point. I think part of this is not having the full amount of people playing.

And, of course, my girlfriend being a spider.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:04:24 pm
I think we should bus Siggie, for suggesting that being wrong on a 50-50 split means you vote the discordian off before the other option.  The math doesn't suggest that, and he knows it.

I think Siggie is the spider.

Hmmm....
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:13:50 pm
I didn't know much at all when I said that.  Hypothetically, if I was a spider it would be to my advantage to sacrifice another spider to "prove" I was the discordian.  It is a sophisticated lie, but it would be effective if used.  That's all I was thinking, even though that kind of thing isn't Roger's usual M.O.

But maybe I am the spider.  You don't know.  All you know is that A Villager was, and Remington probably is.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:17:22 pm
I didn't know much at all when I said that.  Hypothetically, if I was a spider it would be to my advantage to sacrifice another spider to "prove" I was the discordian.  It is a sophisticated lie, but it would be effective if used.  That's all I was thinking, even though that kind of thing isn't Roger's usual M.O.

But maybe I am the spider.  You don't know.  All you know is that A Villager was, and Remington probably is.

Actually, in a game this small, there is precisely zero advantage in the spiders sacrificing one another, especially if no other information is available about a spider.

Also, it occurs to me that LMNO didn't say "the spider didn't attack", he said "nobody was subsumed", so while Remmy may be on thin ice, he's not sinking yet.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:17:49 pm
Voting.

Siggy - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 29, 2010, 08:18:11 pm
voting siggy

Sig 2
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:19:48 pm
Sig voted off Villager too, I think?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:20:56 pm
Sig voted off Villager too, I think?

Not much of a choice there, once you tossed her under the bus, ala Freeky.   :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:21:29 pm
Copied from LMNO's final count-

VOTE COUNT:

A Villager: Blight, Phox, Coyote, Sig, Fracture, BDS, TGRR (7)

Coyote: EoC, Niamh, Semaj, TGG (4)

Roger: A Villager (1)

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:22:21 pm
Not much of a choice there, once you tossed her under the bus, ala Freeky.   :lulz:

True that, but, EoC never changed his vote and he definetely posted in this thread a couple of times after I did so.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:25:01 pm
True that, but, EoC never changed his vote and he definetely posted in this thread a couple of times after I did so.

Meh.  Siggie's proposition concerning me is all I need to know.  He had reason to believe I was a Discordian at that point, and he tried to engineer my ouster anyway.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:26:21 pm
Meh.  Siggie's proposition concerning me is all I need to know.  He had reason to believe I was a Discordian at that point, and he tried to engineer my ouster anyway.

I can go with that.

Sigmatic- 3
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 29, 2010, 08:29:34 pm
OK, TIME'S UP.

A Villager was kicked out.  They were one of the Spiders.  I was wondering how having two people sharing a computer was going to work out.

No one was Subsumed.

No one was Converted.

12 citizens left, 7 votes needed to kick someone off.

BEGIN ROUND THREE.

CLARIFICATION BECAUSE I WAS WORKING AT THE TIME:

A Discordian was attacked last round, but escaped.

A PM was sent to the Discordian with two names, the attacking spider and a citizen.


Carry on.


Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:32:06 pm
 
I can go with that.

Sigmatic- 3

I am known (at least to myself) for slight errors in judgment exactly like that, but if you'd rather assume malicious intent...

Well, you'll see.

I'm voting for Remington.  It appears much more likely from where I'm standing.

Sig- 3
Rem- 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:32:39 pm
This might be an easy win after all.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:33:17 pm

I am known (at least to myself) for slight errors in judgment exactly like that, but if you'd rather assume malicious intent...

Well, you'll see.

I'm voting for Remington.  It appears much more likely from where I'm standing.

Sig- 3
Rem- 1

Remmy didn't post, and a spider DID attack.  When the discordian it attacked posted, I'm betting one of the names will be Siggy.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:33:42 pm

I am known (at least to myself) for slight errors in judgment exactly like that, but if you'd rather assume malicious intent...

Well, you'll see.

I'm voting for Remington.  It appears much more likely from where I'm standing.

Sig- 3
Rem- 1

Well, if you're not the spider, then we're extending game play, as per your wishes  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:34:49 pm
Crap!  Didn't read LMNO's post before hitting send.

Taking that back.

Sig- 3

Not sure who to vote for at the moment.  
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 29, 2010, 08:40:11 pm
I didn't want to change the vote and split it up, risking not sending off one of the two people we definitely have leads on being Spiders.  By the time it became clear enough were switching, I really wasn't paying much attention to the game.  I mean, it was Thanksgiving weekend, dude.

I'd also like to point out that I was the first one to argue Sig's plan for Roger wasn't a very sound one.  At this point, Blight and Roger are the only ones we can be sure aren't Spiders, and Roger presumably knows at least one more, being the Discordian.

I'll vote Siggie as well, for his set-up.

Sigmatic - 4
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:43:10 pm
I didn't want to change the vote and split it up, risking not sending off one of the two people we definitely have leads on being Spiders.  By the time it became clear enough were switching, I really wasn't paying much attention to the game.  I mean, it was Thanksgiving weekend, dude.

I'd also like to point out that I was the first one to argue Sig's plan for Roger wasn't a very sound one.  At this point, Blight and Roger are the only ones we can be sure aren't Spiders, and Roger presumably knows at least one more, being the Discordian.

I'll vote Siggie as well, for his set-up.

Sigmatic - 4

Makes sense to me. The other Discordian will chime in at some point I'm sure.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 29, 2010, 08:44:43 pm
I donno who to vote for, and I have no time to think about it right now.  Busy busy busy today. :(
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:45:47 pm
Have I missed something?  How do we know Blight is innocent?

We can rule out

Roger (open Discordian)
Coyote (he was part of the clue that verified A Villager, so we know he's not a spider)


That leaves

Blight
Niamh
Fracture
TGG
Semaj
Sigmatic - I can't prove it either way, so...
Eater of Clowns
Remington - unlikely because of above stated reasons
BDS
Phox

Who among these looks the most likely?  I don't notice anything particularly leading.  If only the discordian who got attacked last would come forth and give us the two guesses, we would have the spider in no less than two turns, and secure unstoppable victory.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:48:15 pm
I think that my innocence can be inferred by not only exposing a spider, but exposing my girlfriend as a spider. If I were the other spider, I would have gone with Coyote and bought her another round to subsume someone.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 29, 2010, 08:49:25 pm
If the other Discordian posts two names that don't include Siggy, I'll obviously change my vote.  Until and unless that happens, my vote is cast.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 29, 2010, 08:50:03 pm
If the other Discordian posts two names that don't include Siggy, I'll obviously change my vote.  Until and unless that happens, my vote is cast.

Likewise.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:53:55 pm
I think that my innocence can be inferred by not only exposing a spider, but exposing my girlfriend as a spider. If I were the other spider, I would have gone with Coyote and bought her another round to subsume someone.

Of course, my bad.  I forgot about the whole 'dating a spider' thing.

And Remington could still be the spider.  He might have just elected who to subsume earlier, so he's still a possibility.

The list of objectively possible spiders:

Niamh
Fracture
TGG
Semaj
Sigmatic
Eater of Clowns
BDS
Phox
Remington
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Wizard on November 29, 2010, 08:56:29 pm
I'll vote for Siggy.

Sig-5 I think.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 08:56:39 pm
Of course, my bad.  I forgot about the whole 'dating a spider' thing.

And Remington could still be the spider.  He might have just elected who to subsume earlier, so he's still a possibility.

The list of objectively possible spiders:

Niamh
Fracture
TGG
Semaj
Sigmatic
Eater of Clowns
BDS
Phox
Remington

No worries. We'll just wait for Roger's protege to reveal the two names, but at the moment my vote remains on you.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 08:59:44 pm
hhhhhh...

This is what I get for suggesting that we shouldn't take people's word at face value in a paranoia game...  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 09:01:37 pm
hhhhhh...

This is what I get for suggesting that we shouldn't take people's word at face value in a paranoia game...  :lulz:

As well as suggesting extending game play, now that I've thought of it.

Blight,
-working with available info
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 09:06:10 pm
Eh.  Villagers will always win, even without the help of Discordians.  I guess I'm jaded.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 09:07:52 pm
Eh.  Villagers will always win, even without the help of Discordians.  I guess I'm jaded.

Well, it's the amount of people playing this round. Probably a good game would get going with about 20 people.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 09:09:12 pm
You think more villagers would balance things out?  How so?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 09:12:49 pm
You think more villagers would balance things out?  How so?

Because, from what I can tell, the amount of Citizens is reflected by amount of Spiders. 1 out of 5 people is a Spider. 20 people would mean 4 Spiders, and presumably, 3 Discordians. The spiders would then have the advantage of 2 being known to each other.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 09:18:01 pm
From another perspective, in this game, due to lack of people there are 2 spiders, and one of which was discovered early, partially due to slip up and partially due to failure to subsume. Now, it would have been easier to form the Machine if Villager succeeded in subsuming, but it gave her a shelf life in this game when she didn't. Now there is one Spider, who also failed to subsume a Discordian, meaning this Spider also has a shelf life, and this game will probably be over in two rounds. It came down to crap luck for the Spiders, but the numbers aren't there to have allowed the Spiders some recovery. Also, with fewer players, the odds of the second Spider going after the converted Discordian increase.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 09:20:31 pm
Oh, scaled proportionally.

Yeah, maybe.

I think it could work with smaller numbers if conversion and subsumption(sp?) were certain.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 09:25:04 pm
Oh, scaled proportionally.

Yeah, maybe.

I think it could work with smaller numbers if conversion and subsumption(sp?) were certain.

Like a spider was guaranteed to subsume if after a citizen and a Discordian guaranteed to convert if the same?

I think that would expose people quicker. A Discordian/Spider would then know what a person was based on outcome.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 29, 2010, 09:36:00 pm
I'll keep my ideas to myself for now.  Y'all should get back to bussing me.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 09:42:00 pm
I'll keep my ideas to myself for now.  Y'all should get back to bussing me.

No, it wasn't a bad thought. Just pointing out potential snags with them.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 29, 2010, 10:52:04 pm
How do we know Blight didn't throw the girlfriend under the bus thinking the spiders could subsume another person and keep the staus quo on an even keel???

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 10:55:12 pm
How do we know Blight didn't throw the girlfriend under the bus thinking the spiders could subsume another person and keep the staus quo on an even keel???



Because such an action wouldn't make sense to me.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 29, 2010, 10:58:56 pm
How do we know Blight didn't throw the girlfriend under the bus thinking the spiders could subsume another person and keep the staus quo on an even keel???


Because such an action wouldn't make sense to me.

Sense?  You use sense as your argument  :lulz:  Wait, I thought you were Irish.   :|

Joking, I was just throwing out options.  I have to admit, I miss the monologues.  :sad:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 29, 2010, 11:00:32 pm
Sense?  You use sense as your argument  :lulz:  Wait, I thought you were Irish.   :|

Joking, I was just throwing out options.  I have to admit, I miss the monologues.  :sad:

Monologues? Sorry, I'm a little out of it right now.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 30, 2010, 03:26:59 am
When you read the first couple of games LMNO does brief story lines and such.  He is too busy right now to do them. He said something in the set up thread.

Anyway, I am abstaining this vote.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 30, 2010, 03:59:37 am
Sigmatic is innocent. Er, well, he's not the spider. Nor is Blight, Trip, or Cram. And technically, Roger's my protege, I converted him.  :p

The Spider is either :drumroll: Eater of Clowns or Remington!


Honestly, we don't have any lead as to which is better than the other, but EoC is active, and Remington did not post last round BUT there is nothing to say Remington didn't send his attack on me and then simply never posted. But, I apologize to every one I accused who wasn't a spider.

But, I vote EoC.

Sig - 5
EoC - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 30, 2010, 04:02:41 am
See?  I told you I'm just an asshole. :lulz:

Also voting EoC.

Sig - 5
EoC - 2
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2010, 04:10:38 am
EoC. The C is for Consistency.

Sig- 4
EoC-3
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 30, 2010, 04:12:15 am
I vote for EoC

sig-4
eoc-4
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 06:27:36 am
Uh.  huh.  Well, I retract my Siggie vote (sorry Sig) and vote Remington!

EoC - 4
Sig - 3
Rem - 1

Man, I just realized how brutal that "Discordian is given two names" thing is.  I always figured, great, we have a 50% chance of getting a Spider.  Now I know it just about screws a responsible Citizen.   :sad:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on November 30, 2010, 06:30:12 am
well, yes, but you should be happy to take one for the team in order to win the game, right?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 30, 2010, 06:52:10 am
Uh.  huh.  Well, I retract my Siggie vote (sorry Sig) and vote Remington!

EoC - 4
Sig - 3
Rem - 1

Man, I just realized how brutal that "Discordian is given two names" thing is.  I always figured, great, we have a 50% chance of getting a Spider.  Now I know it just about screws a responsible Citizen.   :sad:

Yeah, that irks me too when it bites me on the ass.  It screws citizens and makes it really hard on the bad guys.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 30, 2010, 02:07:20 pm
GOOD MORNING.

VOTES NEEDED: 7

Eater of Clowns - Phox, Sig, Blight, Fracture

Remington - EoC

Sigmatic - TGRR, Coyote, Sigmatic


NOT YET POSTED THIS ROUND:
BDS
Remington
TGG


Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on November 30, 2010, 02:29:52 pm
Voting for EOC!

I'm back to abstaining. 

I really think EOC you protest a bit too much, but...  One never knows.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 03:08:24 pm
well, yes, but you should be happy to take one for the team in order to win the game, right?

I prefer to stay alive.

Don't get me wrong, I don't know game theory enough to complain about the actual mechanic, but I would personally prefer to be voted off due to my own action.  The fact that you'll be getting the Spider for another round just because Remmy hadn't posted seems like poor reasoning.  I guess if I'm ever the Spider I'll just have to go for the tactic of never saying a word.

But hey, you're right.  This is all for the Greater Good.  I have been selected and I am honored that my noble sacrifice was necessary when, you know, we're already guaranteed to win the game.

Sig, my apologies on being against your suggestion that the Discordian be punished for the wrong 50/50 choice.  It still doesn't make sense, but now I'm sore and I'm totally cool with seeing Phox voted off.  Sure it wouldn't help you guys, much like this round won't be helping you, but nobody seems to much care about that anyway.  Plus, she's admitted she'll be happy to see her team win, even if it's based on a reason just as flimsy as "Remmy didn't post last round."  :lol:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 30, 2010, 03:23:21 pm
Dude, if you're going to win ANYWAY, why are you bitching?

Because you're the spider. Or just a whiner.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 03:27:49 pm
Dude, if you're going to win ANYWAY, why are you bitching?

Because you're the spider. Or just a whiner.

You're right, my bad, when I said:

I prefer to stay alive.

What I really meant was:

I prefer to stay alive.

I hope that clears up any confusion.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on November 30, 2010, 03:56:56 pm
GOOD MORNING.

VOTES NEEDED: 7

Eater of Clowns - Phox, Sig, Blight, Fracture

Remington - EoC

Sigmatic - TGRR, Coyote, Sigmatic


NOT YET POSTED THIS ROUND:
BDS
Remington
TGG



Voting EoC

EoC- 5
Remmy- 1
Siggy- 2
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 04:25:36 pm
Revoting.

EoC - 6
Sig - 1
Rem - 1

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Triple Zero on November 30, 2010, 04:48:09 pm
It occurs to me that perhaps most of these games have been won by using information gained outside the standard field of play.

Does this mean that for a possible next game, I can use all my really dirty tricks? (http://a.imageshack.us/img716/8725/orangegrin.png) (barring using my admin powers, I suppose)



BTW I retract my vote for EoC and will abstain.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 04:50:22 pm
Does this mean that for a possible next game, I can use all my really dirty tricks? (http://a.imageshack.us/img716/8725/orangegrin.png) (barring using my admin powers, I suppose)



BTW I retract my vote for EoC and will abstain.

No rules have been set for IRL sleuthing.  Or, in one case, reading my PMs over my shoulder after creeping up on me like a Goddamn ninja.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2010, 04:51:33 pm
Does this mean that for a possible next game, I can use all my really dirty tricks? (http://a.imageshack.us/img716/8725/orangegrin.png) (barring using my admin powers, I suppose)



BTW I retract my vote for EoC and will abstain.

Does this mean in the next game you'll be applying for citizenship?  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Sister Fracture on November 30, 2010, 05:02:25 pm
No rules have been set for IRL sleuthing.  Or, in one case, reading my PMs over my shoulder after creeping up on me like a Goddamn ninja.

I didn't even read it. I just noticed you were reading PMs and looked away, but you asked "You totally read that PM from Siggy didn't you?" and I lied and said I did. So you actually outed him.

:lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Wizard on November 30, 2010, 05:28:02 pm
Voting for EoC

EoC-7
Rem-1
Sig-1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 06:09:53 pm
Have I mentioned how much I loathe you bastards?  I'm one round from finishing alive and you're putting me on a bus.  I'm not sure who I hope Remi attacks more this round, Phox for arbitrarily starting the votes against me or Fracture for pulling the "that's exactly what a Spider would say."

Either way, I'm taking a short trip to Milwaukee or some shit whereas the subsumed will spend the rest of their existence drooling on themselves while watching Dancing with the Stars.

 :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2010, 06:13:26 pm
Have I mentioned how much I loathe you bastards?  I'm one round from finishing alive and you're putting me on a bus.  I'm not sure who I hope Remi attacks more this round, Phox for arbitrarily starting the votes against me or Fracture for pulling the "that's exactly what a Spider would say."

Either way, I'm taking a short trip to Milwaukee or some shit whereas the subsumed will spend the rest of their existence drooling on themselves while watching Dancing with the Stars.

 :argh!:

What's in Milwaukee, aside from Schlitz?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: bds on November 30, 2010, 06:14:09 pm
Voting for EoC, I suppose.

TALLY

eoc - 8
rem - 1
sig - 1
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on November 30, 2010, 06:14:16 pm
What's in Milwaukee, aside from Schlitz?

NOT YOU PEOPLE.  IS GOOD ENOUGH.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 06:18:10 pm
What's in Milwaukee, aside from Schlitz?

Strip malls.  Miles and miles of fucking strip malls.

Oh, and drivers that will DIE to prevent you from changing lanes to get off at your exit.

And a big ball park that nobody ever goes to.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2010, 06:19:31 pm
Strip malls.  Miles and miles of fucking strip malls.

Oh, and drivers that will DIE to prevent you from changing lanes to get off at your exit.

And a big ball park that nobody ever goes to.

Sounds exciting
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 06:20:34 pm
Sounds exciting

It's more fun than watching the radio.

I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time in Wisconsin, and it's all fucking horrible.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 30, 2010, 06:24:29 pm
Rog, any guess if TGG is going to make it to the computer by the end of the day?

Not sure if it would make much difference, though.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 06:25:03 pm
Rog, any guess if TGG is going to make it to the computer by the end of the day?

Not sure if it would make much difference, though.

I'll remind her when she gets out of school.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 06:25:57 pm
May I suggest a time limit after which voting is closed?

If people don't show up, it's their fault.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on November 30, 2010, 06:30:54 pm
To be honest, voting hasn't started yet, because of the "everybody needs to post once" rule.

Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2010, 06:38:33 pm
To be honest, voting hasn't started yet, because of the "everybody needs to post once" rule.



Which I call the "Storebrand Rule".   :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Jasper on November 30, 2010, 08:58:59 pm
Posting!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: ThatGreenGentleman on December 01, 2010, 02:01:42 am
Posting as of now. I apologize for posting late and whatnot. Voting for Semaj. For tradition dammit!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 01, 2010, 02:03:34 am
We have enough for a definitive vote, yes?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on December 01, 2010, 02:04:21 pm
GOOD MORNING.

Remington still hasn't posted, for whatever reason.

However, I'll make an executive rule: FUCK HIM.

Voting is closed.

Eater of Clown was the other Spider.

Citizens win.



Amazingly, in the first two rounds the Spiders chose the two Discordians, and failed to subsume.  It was pretty much over by that point.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 01, 2010, 02:12:39 pm
Yeah that was pretty quick, but fun nevertheless.

Incidentally, Phox told me I was up for conversion this round but was redundant, obviously.

Maybe for Spiders IV we should coax to have more participants. Like Trip join in, seeing as how he likes voting anyway.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on December 01, 2010, 04:02:05 pm
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 01, 2010, 04:47:10 pm
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

It was just a strange series of events that lead to quick victory- Villager slipping on the PM, and then her trying to subsume a Discordian (she told me after that she was assuming he was a Discordian and wanted to off him quickly), and then you attacking Phox and also failing that, along with Remmy's mysterious disappearance.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2010, 05:17:08 pm
Needs 1 Discordian, 3 spiders, 11+ (minimum) villagers.  2 Spiders know who each other are.

If there's more than one Discordian at the start, then 4 names should be given, not two.

Right now, if the citizens play it right, they really can't lose.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on December 01, 2010, 05:19:30 pm
I'm willing to Moderate a forth* game, with the above changes.









 *:wink:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 01, 2010, 05:21:30 pm
I might be interested in attempting this game. It looks interesting . . .
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Whatever on December 01, 2010, 05:25:05 pm
I'm in for another round!! :mrgreen:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: The Good Reverend Roger on December 01, 2010, 05:28:45 pm
I'm in.  You might want to announce this in Apple Talk, though, or nobody will know it's here.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on December 01, 2010, 06:23:11 pm
Gotcha.  Lemme set up a new spreadsheet...
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on December 01, 2010, 06:58:34 pm
I'm game for another.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 01, 2010, 07:13:24 pm
Likewise. Think Villager also expressed interest, will have to ask if she wants to post
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: LMNO on December 01, 2010, 07:36:59 pm
Post in the correct thread, or be DOOMED.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 01, 2010, 09:48:10 pm
Win I get home, I am going to write an Epilogue for this round since the narration was my favorite part of the others.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 01, 2010, 09:53:00 pm
Win I get home, I am going to write an Epilogue for this round since the narration was my favorite part of the others.

(http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa66/dracolupus/SteveHarrisDOIT.jpg)
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on December 02, 2010, 12:50:42 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 12:54:28 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.

It was the second day I think  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on December 02, 2010, 01:00:05 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.

It was the second day I think  :lulz:

Know-it-all!!!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 01:01:21 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.

It was the second day I think  :lulz:

Know-it-all!!!

Nah, I'm more of a Know-it-sometimes.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on December 02, 2010, 01:07:15 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.

It was the second day I think  :lulz:

Know-it-all!!!

Nah, I'm more of a Know-it-sometimes.

I'll give you know-it-usually. How's that?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 01:11:19 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.

It was the second day I think  :lulz:

Know-it-all!!!

Nah, I'm more of a Know-it-sometimes.

I'll give you know-it-usually. How's that?

Sounds ok to me. You should bounce around the other threads and post a bit while you're here.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: A Villager on December 02, 2010, 01:16:23 am
I think being a Spider could have been a lot of fun if we weren't completely fucked by the second round.   :sad:

Agreed!

I had fun, even though Blight threw me under the bus the first day.

It was the second day I think  :lulz:

Know-it-all!!!

Nah, I'm more of a Know-it-sometimes.

I'll give you know-it-usually. How's that?

Sounds ok to me. You should bounce around the other threads and post a bit while you're here.
I'm a lurker, I can't help it. I've been reading though- I love Roger's Tucson Christmas thread!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 01:19:07 am
Yeah, taht was awesome  :D
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 02:45:06 am
Win I get home, I am going to write an Epilogue for this round since the narration was my favorite part of the others.

(http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa66/dracolupus/SteveHarrisDOIT.jpg)

Turns out, so far i'm not nearly as funny as LMNO. Or really funny at all. Imma try to make more jokes before I post.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 02:50:27 am
'Arry demands it.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 03:43:36 am
Okay, this was way fucking harder than I thought. My hat's off to LMNO for writing his scenes so well. Mine sucks by comparison. But here it is, as promised:

EPILOGUE
The citizens were gathered around the bar at Willy’s Puddle. Bob the Discordian banged his fist on the bar. “Well, I don’t care. You all know what I think. We got one of the bastards, because she tried to fuck with the wrong guy. And Jim isn’t acting normal. Fuck him, I say, and if I’m wrong, we can…”

Before he could finish Alice stumbled in out of breath, with a few fresh bruises on her face.  She dropped a handful of cards with the words “You are a POPE!” printed on them. As the others began to help her gather them up, Sam asked “What happened, Alice? Was it Jim?”

Alice looked at Jim intently. “No,” she said slowly. “I think it was Dave but he’s not here…”  She stopped short as Felix handed her a few cards and her eyes grew wide. “It was YOU!” she almost screamed.

“Now, wait a minute,” Felix protested. “Dave’s not here. I’ve been here the whole time, how could I possibly have done it?” The crowd murmured a bit. “Besides, we agreed we were going to wait until everyone got here to come to a decision…”

“Fuck Dave!” Bob said as he advanced towards him, accompanied by Alice and Sam.

The crowd was turning on him now, forcing him to back out of the bar. He stood on the sidewalk. “Now, wait a minute. Wait goddamnit! I’m a citizen! I don’t want to have to move! I have roots! I’ve lived in this city longer than…”

Suddenly, Jim stepped forward and threw Felix under the slowing wheels of the breaking bus. Everyone looked at him with wide eyes. “What? Fucker moved to the city 2 months ago.”

“I think he’s dead, Jim,” Emily piped up.

Alice breathed a sigh of relief. “Well, my work here is done.” She walked to the open bus door before she was stopped by Nathan. “Wait, where will you go? What will you do?”

She shrugged lightly. “Dunno,” she said. “Maybe go to Seattle. I know a guy there. Might open a restaurant.  Alice’s Restaurant has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?” She turned to ascend. “Oh, one more thing.” She handed a pope card to Nathan. “Your brother Matt said ‘hello’.” 

As the bus pulled away, the citizens watched the sunset knowing that there would be a brighter tomorrow, and even in darkest of nights, there is always a rainbow.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 03:49:21 am
:mittens: and shout out to old me!
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Eater of Clowns on December 02, 2010, 03:54:18 am
And if I'm reading this right, oddly, I have Sig's old forum name while Sig has my IRL name (except I don't shorten it).
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 03:59:20 am
And if I'm reading this right, oddly, I have Sig's old forum name while Sig has my IRL name (except I don't shorten it).

You probably are. And that is quite funny. I was just pulling them out of a hat.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 04:00:26 am
:mittens: and shout out to old me!

Also a reference to original Coyote.  :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Don Coyote on December 02, 2010, 04:59:44 am
:mittens: and shout out to old me!

Also a reference to original Coyote.  :lulz:
:lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 05:04:15 am
What better way to connect the games than through the original Discordians? (Omitted Nekk since he didn't play this round.)
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Nephew Twiddleton on December 02, 2010, 05:35:14 am
What better way to connect the games than through the original Discordians? (Omitted Nekk since he didn't play this round.)

Yeah, where'd he go anyway?
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 01:31:24 pm
No idea. But can't wait for MOAR SIGNUPS. Trip better signup this time. Confusing everyone with his Dutch citizenship and non-ability to vote!  :argh!:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Triple Zero on December 02, 2010, 04:24:36 pm
I won't have time for anything until tuesday, and I'm not near any internets on Moosemas weekend, so I am sorry to disappoint, I can only provide confusing non-votes.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Phox on December 02, 2010, 04:26:50 pm
I won't have time for anything until tuesday, and I'm not near any internets on Moosemas weekend, so I am sorry to disappoint, I can only provide confusing non-votes.

Damn Dutchspag!  :argh!:


 :lulz:
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Al Qədic on January 19, 2019, 05:12:18 am
Well that was...short. On one hand, nice for people to take it easy with the lengthy typing, and just getting down to business, but I can't be the only one who felt a bit meh about how blasé it felt as a result. I think the fact that these first three all happened over the span of a month or two kind of lessened the enjoyment as things went on :kingmeh:

Though I did like how EOC was actually a spider this time...with an icon like that, how can he not be, amirite? :lulz:
Hooray, another thread that's almost a decade old.
Title: Re: SPIDERS III -- Use your imagination, fuckstick.
Post by: Doktor Howl on January 19, 2019, 06:20:50 am
.but I can't be the only one who felt a bit meh about how blasé it felt as a resu

You're not.