Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Bring and Brag / Re: #TheGame23 Mod 42.5
« Last post by Timóteo Pinto on Today at 09:18:05 pm »

thegame23.eu Version 2.0. Now with more fnords

Apple Talk / Re: Discordian Grin: Old School Discordians.
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 08:29:56 pm »
I feel that it is worth mentioning that LMNO never told us who the fuck pays physicists.

After doing a bit of digging, turns out it's... Philosophy Departments.

Huh.  Go figure.

I knew it.  Those bastards.  Plato's Cave, indeed.  Imagine you're in a ruin, and the only thing you can see are the shadows burned into the walls, so all you know is THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU FUCK WITH US and you can never really be free of this delusion because it's real and also because there are always more nukes and at some level you know that FUCKING WITH US ISN'T ACTUALLY NECESSARY.

I needed this sort of motivation today.
« Last post by rong on January 16, 2022, 04:06:39 pm »
i don't have anything to add except A+ good thread would read again.

Aneristic Illusions / Re: This is not Civilzation. This is Legal Barbarism at Scale.
« Last post by POFP on January 15, 2022, 05:23:03 pm »
So, how did it turn out?

This work is being continued in the Power Structure Architecture thread in Think For Yourself, Schmuck.

Currently taking a break from writing to chew on some recent research. Unfortunately, I'm getting uncomfortably close to an Existential Theory Of Everything, which means some information needs to be digested more and refocused through grounded, real-world inspiration. Planning to re-evaluate and continue writing some more next week.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: Random News Stories
« Last post by Jorge Dorn on January 14, 2022, 09:16:08 pm »
Also, they let Bill Cosby out of jail because the DA fucked up.

and they didn't Free Britney. This week sucks.

They freed Britney. 8)
So, how did it turn out?
« Last post by Timóteo Pinto on January 14, 2022, 01:38:23 pm »

Interactions inside our Memetic Surreal-Machine contribute to your personal entropic noise. This information is spun into Incoherence Yarns that are then threaded through your profiles, making your analytics as absurd and noisy as possible. We make the future's Wiggle Room. The Less accurate a predictive model of you = the less control others have. So make your profile larger, weirder.

Interactions inside our Memeplex of the Strange, generates a reflexive symbiosis between the creative genius of each individual and the random chaosphere generated by the Ouroboros Engine. All while surrounded by a diverse group of supportive Seekers, equally determined to hack into the stifling reality of the mundane and set it alight with technicolor fairy fire.

When you contribute to the Ouroboros’ collective entropic noise you gain freedom. In a world of targeted adds, predictive crime analytics and government profiling of everyone, the Datataplex uses Hypersigil technology to interweave your electronic footprint with the random, chaotic and absurd errata gathered by our fnordic engines and dataskimmers from all over cyberspace.

The Dataplex Ouroboros is designed to create the breathing room you need to realize your loftiest goals, both in the mundane and the occult, mystical worlds.

:::

Post Random Content here, then check us out on Discord

:::

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

A Call to Weirdness – Operation D.I.S.T.A.N.C.E.

_________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only
« Last post by POFP on January 14, 2022, 01:15:18 am »
Best I can do is ANTIFA

I THINK ABOUT ANTIFA 19 HOURS A DAY

I SIT IN MY BASEMENT AND ROCK BACK AND FORTH, AND FOAM GUYS OUT OF MY MOUTH

ANTIFA CAN SECRETLY FLY

ANTIFA SECRETLY RUN EVERYTHING AND OWN EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE

MY DOG IS SECRETLY ANTIFA.  I SHAKE HIM FOR ANSWERS BUT HE WAS TAUGHT TO KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT.

ANTIFA CAN TELEPORT

JERRY SEINFELD IS A SPACE ALIEN WHO CAME FROM THE ANTIFA MOTHERSHIP

ANTIFA OWN AND RUN EVERYTHING BUT THEY ARE NOT SMART, NO SIR, THEY ARE REALLYDUMB

I LIKE TO ACCUSE ANTIFA OF MANY THINGS AND THEN ACCUSE THEM OF WHINING WHEN THEY RESPOND TO MY ATTACKS

YOU ARE SECRETLY ANTIFA

EVERYONE IS ANTIFA

THERE ARE NO ANTIFA

HELP ME, THE VOICES IN MY HEAD FRIGHTEN ME

OHHH MY HEAD HOW IT HURTS

ANTIFA ARE SECRETLY AFRAID OF FRUIT

WHERE IS MY MEDICATION?

:lulz:

*Steals*

Unrelated:

3 hours after a meeting, wherein my team watched one of our customer's Execs shit all over Hewlett-Packard Sales/Account Execs for consistently lying about the OS that their Point of Sale Hardware supported (Causing our customer to waste around $100K+ purchasing said hardware and paying for its integration into our Solution), my Project Manager and I discovered that HP did the EXACT SAME THING to another one of our customers, who were just about to purchase hundreds of similar devices and begin Solution Integration with them.

After checking their documentation, it's actually starting to look like they just decided to put the most common Retail Linux Distribution (Without relevant specificity regarding Minor Version, which absolutely matters in Retail Hardware.) on every new Hardware Datasheet as a supported OS to guarantee purchases from unwise retailers, and then play Dumb/Mister Helpful when someone had to add a new OS/Infrastructure Upgrade Project onto their Hardware Upgrade, and subsequently hire them for further consulting. If the new customer had actually purchased all those units, I'm sure this would have been a huge, potentially class-action lawsuit.

But for now, I just get to tell the first customer "You're not gonna believe this  :lulz: "
Techmology and Scientism / Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in
« Last post by Cain on January 13, 2022, 01:45:06 pm »
I dont like the Telegraph but what are the toughts on any substance on this?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Playing it out in my head:
They suspected this was a lab-leak from China
Knew that China would never accept responsibility, or any kind of investigation
They could even react to an accusation of such with hostility and the last thing we want is a pandemic and a war at the same time

I put very little stock in it for several reasons:

1. The Telegraph. While historically their links with MI6 and the MoD are good, that doesn't mean much when the MoD and MI6 are crazy.
2. There has been a big push to try and blame this on China by elements in the US and UK with very little evidence. While China's actions in pressuring the WHO to look less seriously are suspect, given the largely unfounded push to try and blame them, it's a lot more understandable.
3. It seems an unncessary complication over the key facts of how we understand viruses generally break out. It's also definitely possible that there were some elements of mishandling at a lab, but at the same time if China was doing anything with a virus, they'd make something far deadlier and far less likely to blowback on them with this. In other words, it would be an accident at worst, not an act of war.
4. Chinese military doctrine does favour unconventional approaches, but it also doesn't generally favour WMDs. For example, look at China's nuclear missile stockpile in comparison with Russia and the US. Their policy is minimal credible deterrence combined with overwhelming conventional forces deployed in novel arrangements.
Techmology and Scientism / Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in
« Last post by Cramulus on January 13, 2022, 12:37:07 pm »
The best evidence I've heard - mainly due to some potential amount of verifiability - is that china restricted air travel from wuhan to other parts of china but not the rest of the world.  This seems to be a good indicator of early knowledge of something bad and intent to cause harm to the rest of the world.  Not that there's anything I can do about it. . .

there's a lot of conflicting reporting about these facts and what they mean. So, it's up to you how credible this is....
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/trumps-flawed-china-travel-conspiracy/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10