Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Principia Discussion / Re: Prometheus Rising alternative exercises
« Last post by rong on Today at 05:07:43 pm »
most of us here are paralyzed from the neck up
Principia Discussion / Prometheus Rising alternative exercises
« Last post by Diamond_Lights on Today at 04:14:07 pm »
I just finished Prometheus Rising but skipped the exercises because I am paralyzed from the neck down. So things like look for a quarter or orgasm to something taboo are obviously out. Are there other exercises I can do to learn the intended lessons? Or am I fucked? (or very not fucked as the case may be)

PS should I move to Undoing Yourself with energized meditation? is there a particular order in which I should read things?
So I quit.  My last day is Friday.  Monday is the first day at the new gig, which is urbanism again, this time dealing with pollution (metals for the most part).

A week ago today, my current company got hit with ransomware.  I swear, the fucking place is cursed.

There are no funny conversations about this, but there IS this:  2 years ago, we screamed at the boss for an offline backup for our systems.  He said "no" because it cost $15K.

We lost that much in less than an hour last week, and the system is still down.  The other managers do not understand one time pad encryption, and they have our IT guys bashing their brains out against the wall.

This is obviously all normal.
Apple Talk / Re: The "Dead Internet" theory
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 03:12:30 am »
It's evident to me that even if the majority of users are still not bots, the majority of the real people are trapped in mass psychosis black iron prisons to the point of becoming NPCs and then therefore effectively bots.

And combine most the real people with all the bots and, well, yeah...the Internet is kind of dead. To me.

NPCs?

Hey, what's it like to be a real person in a world of zombies?  It has to be kind of special.
« Last post by rong on Today at 12:10:30 am »
It's evident to me that even if the majority of users are still not bots, the majority of the real people are trapped in mass psychosis black iron prisons to the point of becoming NPCs and then therefore effectively bots.

And combine most the real people with all the bots and, well, yeah...the Internet is kind of dead. To me.
Turns out it's prisons all the way down
« Last post by Maedalaane on Yesterday at 10:05:37 pm »

Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 05:10:11 am »
Quiet.

A little too quiet.
High Weirdness / Re: 1 Pyle
« Last post by hirley0 on October 24, 2021, 11:29:32 pm »
10/25 1:51pm
High Weirdness / Re: 2 Schwab
« Last post by hirley0 on October 24, 2021, 11:28:27 pm »
6AM ? 7:30 &  4?et-BoL&ŠaL2 4:20pm,=Bb.dep&1@Rug$
High Weirdness / Re: 3 BanK
« Last post by hirley0 on October 24, 2021, 11:27:26 pm »