Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10
Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only
« Last post by lexi on July 14, 2022, 01:28:03 pm »
This month has become bizarrely good for me.

Yay!
Propaganda Depository / Time Spent
« Last post by hirley0 on July 12, 2022, 12:48:29 am »
16:48
& .7/29
S.time
Propaganda Depository / Re: ESP in One Month practice
« Last post by hirley0 on July 12, 2022, 12:46:37 am »
$
New thread
TIME SPENT Min

Try to find A url
Away from chase $

Apple Talk / Re: 2022 Rant
« Last post by Bruno on July 09, 2022, 07:38:25 pm »
What with all the housing being bought up by corporations and whatnot. I would think that a certain set of skills that could be quickly and easily learned by an average layperson as they are being pushed out onto the street would be helpful.

Similar to, say, The Simple Sabotage Field Manual for Modern Times.
Apple Talk / Re: The Compleat Billy Chronicles (thanks to Zenpatista)
« Last post by Doktor Howl on July 08, 2022, 12:35:42 am »
Today at work:

Billy:  "Hey, Hamish, you remember my cousin Larry?"

Me: "Yeah, that's the one on the chamber of commerce, right?"

Billy:  "Not anymore.  He got assigned to tourism."

Tina:  "Tourism?  In TUCSON?"

Norton:  *wince*

Sideways Dave:  *GRIN*

Billy:  "Yeah, he's not the happiest man I know."

Me:  "We should help him.  We could think up slogans."

Tina (wild-eyed):  "Our official city sport is SKIN CANCER!"

SD:  "Tucson sex tourism!  Come to Tucson, GET FUCKED."

Me:  "The last vacation you'll ever need!"

Norton:  "Ride the majestic tarantula hawk!"

Me:  "Billy, aren't you going to write these down?"

Billy:  "Why?  He's on speaker phone."

Larry:  "Fuck you guys."

Tina:  "RUDE!"

Me:  "You're going to do great things, Larry."

« Last post by Doktor Howl on July 07, 2022, 03:08:19 am »
So the Tina/Sideways bromance is coming right along.

There's nothing going on (Dave is not sexually interested in multicellular life), it's just that they're now besties.

A couple of things I have noticed about this:

1.  Tina is now a person that feels totally safe, which seems to make humans unreasonably happy and creative.

2.  The moving target has come to an arrangement with the T-Rex.  You should stay out of the swamps if you know what's good for you.  Just because Tina is safe doesn't mean you're safe.  Imagine if little Red Riding Hood had an arrangement like this with wolves.  Fuck that woodcutter creep, right?  Come around here and you'll get sent home in an ambulance.  Just kidding.  You won't be going home.
Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: RAW THOUGHTS
« Last post by ArchangelIdiotis on July 05, 2022, 03:42:41 am »
I hope this doesn't distract from the original purpose of the thread very much, but I just finished the Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra and my thoughts on Nirvana have solidified:

Ego free because all pride is released, whether thru meditation or any other means. All positive and negative sense of self esteem.

All emotions except love are released.

Love in its simplest state is unconditional, all embracing, and none attached. And the heart expands unconditionally.

So: the heart is trained to embrace everything and release lesser emotions than love. Expanding unconditionally is profoundly blissful because potentially infinite love is tapped into.
« Last post by Doktor Howl on July 04, 2022, 03:28:55 am »
Today, I was randomly assigned to the marketing group for "fresh ideas."

Clayton:  "Our new product is clearly superior to the existing products, but the market is saturated with older product.  We need ways to penetrate that market."

Doug:  "I wrote a new vision statement..."

Me:  "Shut up, Doug."

Clayton:  "Yes.  Shut up.  We are not here to write business plans or vision statements, we are here to come up with WAYS. TO MOVE. PRODUCT.  So instead of whatever Dilbert crap you have floating in your head, give me things that will actually get people to sit up and take notice."

Me:  "You can stab your enemies from 700 miles away."

I recently took up archery, and, almost three years after you wrote it, that line suddenly makes perfect sense.

That's quite a bow you have there.   :lol:
Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: MAYBE DAY 2022 IS COMING!
« Last post by DoctorWaterloo on July 03, 2022, 09:59:30 pm »
Hey there, curious explorers!

I've been in the lab creating a model of reality tunnels that can be carried into our Information Age. I have built upon Leary and RAW's models, pulling from simulation theory, cybernetics, systems theory, linguistics, philosophy, and psychology. It's been about four years in the making and I'm excited to get pieces of it into the world.

On Maybe Day 2022, I'll be releasing a Teaser Booklet PDF to attract fellow creatives who would like to work on the project with me.

For now, I have a website up as a placeholder where you can also connect with the project. The Discord server has most of my notes, a very rough draft, and some art to browse. Feel free to check it out, but please keep the info in the walled garden. (Look, don't share...... yet.)

http://realitytunnels.co

Take Care & Stay Weird.

DRW
Today, I was randomly assigned to the marketing group for "fresh ideas."

Clayton:  "Our new product is clearly superior to the existing products, but the market is saturated with older product.  We need ways to penetrate that market."

Doug:  "I wrote a new vision statement..."

Me:  "Shut up, Doug."

Clayton:  "Yes.  Shut up.  We are not here to write business plans or vision statements, we are here to come up with WAYS. TO MOVE. PRODUCT.  So instead of whatever Dilbert crap you have floating in your head, give me things that will actually get people to sit up and take notice."

Me:  "You can stab your enemies from 700 miles away."

I recently took up archery, and, almost three years after you wrote it, that line suddenly makes perfect sense.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10