News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 16, 2024, 05:12:02 PMThe interesting thing is that we are feeling the effects of a recession, but there's nothing wrong with the economy.  At least nothing that's new...We of course still have billionaires being liquidity traps.

What is happening instead is a societal failure.  It is 45 years of bad decision-making catching up with us.  That's why there's no easy fix.  The entire system is rotten, from our banks to our culture.  In the USA, this started with the Carter/Reagan election. Carter said there was hard work ahead, but also prosperity.  Reagan said he'd give us all a tax break right now.  Guess who won?

Reagan also made bigotry acceptable again, with his ridiculous shit about "Welfare Queens" that even he had to later admit was a product of his imagination.  In addition, he taught America to distrust experts, and to hate the government.  We just didn't see it happening, at the time.

We see all that now, in widescreen, and we wonder how a once space-faring nation decided that vaccines aren't a thing, and that a nation with more guns than people is somehow not going to allow guns to fall into the wrong hands on the regular.

Of course, the presidents that followed - all of them - reinforced these very things, or at least some of them.

More to follow

This is my childhood indoctrination period you're talking about. It would wind up taking me until well into my teens during the Clinton years to begin to see some of the horror behind it, though Clinton per se had nothing to do with it. An extremely heavy bias on the religious "Christian" side of that Reagan era political beast had childhood me straight up looking up to him, and any President at that age really, in what I might call a "hero cult" of sorts today, but not a cool one like Fred Rogers.

Something like the "Anti-Rogers" in a sense..
New Palestine
Old, Actual Palestine
Excess mortality statistics
Old species doing new Weird Shit
New species doing new Weird Shit

Add a souscant of mRNA
AND, hey,
Have you seen the WHITE CLOTS YET?!

It gets Weirder
Oh it gets Weirder
My good Goddess
How it do,
Do that

It's very strange to see
Apocalyptically speaking
So this is us I guess. I can see that there have been some changes to the forum. I found the thread that Faust had posted. But this is about a transition both for the forum and an attempt at exposition at how things are going both now and in the course of the time that has passed since I last posted here on pd.com. please do bear with me as there is much and I do not know exactly where to begin, and so I will simply attempt to begin.

I think it is best to first simply summarize that so far, both myself and Verthaine are alive, reasonably secure, and well supported after a truly challenging 2023. We were both unhoused unlawfully about this time of year. It's been a BOSS FIGHT for us both together, and individually, and we are now both securely housed in a rather nice abandoned house not all that far from where the SHTF for us after nearly 2.5 years of cohabitation with Verthaine as my Landlord.A

I have survived, and Truly thrived even, in the streets of This City, whom I very much enjoy anthropomorphizing as The Lady New Orleans, or Lady Nola for short. All of my possessions are for the most part good materiel salvaged from Her Streets, gifts given in respect for spiritual work done here, or purchased with money earned reading tarot in Her Streets. The house that now keeps 3 of Eris' kids secure is no exception to this pattern. I found it in about middle of November, just as the overnight temperatures and rainfall were getting potentially quite hazardous. The front door was open, and it had two deadbolts on it instead of a bolt and a proper knob assembly. They were both in locked positions, implying that whoever had last made ingress was not in possession of the keys. Now I have lived in the St Roch neighborhood for over 3 years at this point. I knew this house to have been largely abandoned during that whole period. In that time I had seen local addicts of a rather nasty sort wear out, and then ultimately burn down, a similar building.

It would turn out that I had made a rather good choice to see if I could treat the place better. And now I, Verthaine, and a local Discordian Sister named Sauin are doing just fine. As I document the work I am putting into the place I may post some pics here, and there.

More later as it goes!

So, that said, HOW YOU GUYS DOING?

(A) Please do note this term is pretty dang loose in New Orleans, but I was handing him my cheddar. More on this later.
Or Kill Me / Re: Time to switch sides
Last post by Chelagoras The Boulder - Yesterday at 07:20:56 AM
It really is. :horrormirth:
Principia Discussion / Have a Cacophonous Chaosflux! ...
Last post by Brother Mythos - February 19, 2024, 02:22:23 AM
It's my understanding that the sacred Discordian holiday of Chaosflux recognizes, and celebrates the potent seeds of Discord being quickened in the fertile soil of Chaos. (It's that Hodge and Podge, Yin and Yang thing.) That, and early Northern Hemisphere living Discordians needed an excuse to celebrate something of their own in the cold, bleak, heathen month of February.   

And, for this holiday, the Discordian Wiki clearly revealed to me, personally, how I should party on this sacrosanct holy day. (This is clearly a Divine Inspiration situation. Hail Eris!) So, I'm going to arrange a Cacophonous game of Calvinball! I know, I know, this all reads like hyperbole. But, take a good look at my avatar. This is all way, way more than mere coincidence! This is the very definition of Synchronicity!

Hail Eris!
Two vast and trunkless legs of stone / Re: On This Day in History
Last post by Brother Mythos - February 19, 2024, 02:16:14 AM
February 19, 2009 - The Tea Party Movement Was Launched

This astroturfed movement, financed by David Kock, was launched in protest of the election of Barack Hussein Obama II, the first African-American president of the United States of America.

Starting out as a fashionable, publicly acceptable version of the openly racist KKK, the Tea Party has since morphed into the redneck, openly authoritarian and racist MAGA movement. That's progress for you.
High Weirdness / Re: The Illuminati in the News
Last post by Brother Mythos - February 18, 2024, 06:08:10 AM
"Who are the Illuminati and why are they taking over TikTok?"

As per this article:

"If there's one thing social media loves, it's a conspiracy theory.

From who shot JFK to the existence of aliens, we're all fascinated by anti-establishment narratives, whether we believe in them or not.

Enter... the Illuminati, the centuries-old society that has become a byword for a corrupt elite.

The name is so powerful that it has begun to rule TikTok, becoming this year's most talked-about counter-mainstream idea."

And, further along in this article:

"In 1963, a text emerged out of America's LSD-fuelled Summer of Love, titled 'Principia Discordia'.

The book was, in essence, a parody centred on a brand new "faith" called Discordianism, whose purpose was to shake up society.

According to broadcaster David Bramwell, who has written extensively about the myth, its co-authors, Kerry Thornley, Greg Hill and Robert Anton Wilson "decided that the world was becoming too authoritarian, too tight, too closed, too controlled."

They wanted to bring about disruption and chaos, and realised that "the way to do that was to spread disinformation," Bramwell told the BBC."

This is a long article that then goes on to describe the numerous references to the Illuminati now appearing on TikTok.

Here's the link to this article:      The Illuminati Taking Over TikTok
Techmology and Scientism / Re: Beef Cell Techmology
Last post by Brother Mythos - February 17, 2024, 09:08:14 AM
There are new advancements in Beef Cell Techmology!

"Scientists grow 'meaty' rice hybrid food for protein kick"

"Scientists have created a new type of hybrid food - a "meaty" rice that they say could offer an affordable and eco-friendly source of protein."

As per this article:

"The porous grains are packed with beef muscle and fat cells, grown in the lab.

The rice was first coated in fish gelatine to help the beef cells latch on, and the grains were left in a petri dish to culture for up to 11 days.

The researchers say the food may serve as "relief for famine, military ration, or even space food" in the future.

It remains to be seen whether consumers would take to it if it gets to market."

I don't know exactly how long it's going to take, but I believe this "meaty" rice is going to be in the markets in the not-so-distant future. And, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's named "Beefaricey."

Here's the link to this article:      Further Advancements in Beef Cell Techmology
Two vast and trunkless legs of stone / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup ...
Last post by Cain - February 17, 2024, 03:06:10 AM
Mine's felt like it's been going nowhere since late 2019 (aka the long 2020).

I'm just vibing now and enjoying my creative projects, like my DMing.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: Civilian Gun Violence in '...
Last post by Brother Mythos - February 17, 2024, 12:05:12 AM
"Jordan Klepper Puts U.S. Gun Problem in Terms NFL Fans Can Understand"

As per this article:

"More than 24 hours after gunfire erupted during the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl parade on Wednesday—killing one person and injuring at least 22 others—we still know very little about exactly what led to the tragic events or who is responsible for them. "The good news is we do know one of the heroes that helped stopped the shooting," said The Daily Show correspondent/this week's guest host Jordan Klepper on Thursday.

"It wasn't a good guy with a gun," Klepper continued. "It wasn't anybody bearing arms. It was just a guy with arms.""

And, further along in this article:

""There were more than 800 police officers there, and all they could do was react after it happened," said Klepper, who then attempted to appeal to The Daily Show's viewers by putting his own argument for why gun control is necessary into football terms:

"America needs a defensive strategy that will stop a guy from getting the ball in the first place. Not just hope someone tackles him before he gets to the end zone. That's not a winning strategy—unless you're playing the Jets."

Klepper took the analogy even further when he stated that "we need to limit the size of the ball. That ball is a weapon of war; the Founders didn't anticipate the ball would be this big; I'm in too deep with this metaphor. I hear it now. You get the idea.""

Sounds like a game plan to me. Hey, it's worth a shot try.

Here's the link to this article:      Gun Control in 'Merican Football Terms