News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

This might as well be a PD comic

Started by Harper, June 25, 2009, 11:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

I need a truck. ~Zevon

The Good Reverend Roger

I'd like my 5 minutes back, please.

And I'd like to know what the gibbering fuck that has to do with PD.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Doesn't have much to do with PD but they are pretty funny. they remind me of the invisibles.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on June 26, 2009, 01:38:50 AM
Doesn't have much to do with PD but they are pretty funny. they remind me of the invisibles.

I don't get the joke.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2009, 01:47:00 AM
Quote from: Faust on June 26, 2009, 01:38:50 AM

I don't get the joke.
Its dada for the most part but some of it sounds like pretty genuine bullshit that the newage crowd come out with. Not everyones cup of tea.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Arafelis

Quote from: Faust on June 26, 2009, 01:59:15 AM
Its dada for the most part but some of it sounds like pretty genuine bullshit that the newage crowd come out with. Not everyones cup of tea.

I definitely laughed at "Am in pursuit and loving every minute of it!  My love is universal, not particular!  Reflecting my desire to kiss the eager upturned faces of all who-".

As it goes on, though, the high noise ratio kind of wears me down.
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Harper

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 26, 2009, 01:05:25 AM
I'd like my 5 minutes back, please.

And I'd like to know what the gibbering fuck that has to do with PD.

Well it obviously doesn't touch on anything philosophical. Or even sensible.

But it has a high fnord quotient and lots of Laff. Which is probably what I shoulda said in the first place.

And the series of Marsden wrastling a chicken is high hilarity!
I need a truck. ~Zevon