News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Intermittens LayoutGASM

Started by Cramulus, March 27, 2009, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

If that fubars, then just render each half into a pdf and I'll be able to stick them together.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Cramulus on July 04, 2009, 01:48:47 PM
Quote from: Sheered Völva on July 04, 2009, 06:51:54 AM
What I really need is step-by-step directions. Sorry, but my ADD is kicking in (that's always a good excuse for being lazy).

my post was pretty close to step-by-step directions. Let's try it again...  :p

okay I just consulted the scribus spirits, and this is what they said:

Try Page Menu -> Import

then pour out some cheap malt liquor on the sidewalk as an offering to the public domain

then click on the "CHANGE" button,

select the file to import, take a swig of malt liquor, and hope for the best.

it will import the file you selected into your document.

Here's the one trick - make sure the pages are being imported onto the correct left-right page orientation.

for example if you're working in MasterFile.sla,

and you have section1.sla that you are importing from....

If section1.sla starts on a left page, make sure the page you insert it into begins on a left page.

If you're inserting pages at the end of MasterFile.sla, check off "Create Pages [At End]."

I really appreciate your help and I'm sorry for sounding like a dumbass, but I need to know every step.  I've tried this many times, and it does nothing.

For example, what file do I need to have open before I even begin the steps above? What do I do after I select the file to import?

If I stop at that step your directions end at, nothing happens. But the program still gives me choices to make, so I assume there's still something else I have to do. At that point I have a box that lists files, the one I want highlighted.  I then have several choices, including Open, Cancel and other directions I'm guessing I don't need (like move one folder up, etc.)

If I click Open with the file I want highlighted (I'm assuming that's the next step I should follow), then it gives me options of Change, Import, Cancel, Create Pages (Before Page, After Page, At End). Change let's me change the pages to add (which I don't want). If I click Import, it says there's nothing to import. If I click Cancel, it cancels.

Thanks.

EDIT: I just thought of what might be part of the problem. I may be using a different version of Scribus (I know that the program worked significantly different in the tutorial I looked at than my version did).

The version I'm using is Scribus 1.3.3.13.

EDIT: I just figured out how to make it work--I think. It must be a difference in the versions, because my version has several more steps you have to do. I ended up pasting pages on top of each other at first, but then realized I needed to tell the program to create pages at the end. Then I had to click on the new pages to get the text to appear (why I don't know).

Anyway, it appears to be working now. I hope.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Telarus on July 04, 2009, 03:10:37 PM
If that fubars, then just render each half into a pdf and I'll be able to stick them together.

Thanks for the offer. Fortunately, this time my thick-skulled brain was able to muddle through and figure it out.  :)

Cramulus

don't feel bad. this program was designed by something short of a million monkeys