News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

ITT I make Kai and Iason angry

Started by Cain, January 27, 2010, 12:08:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/Politics_Sociology/089526031X.html

QuoteThe Politically Incorrect Guide to Science (Politically Incorrect Guides)
Publisher: Regnery Publishing | ISBN: 089526031X | edition 2005 | PDF | 270 pages | 19,4 mb

Covers subjects spanning evolution, stem cell research, abortion, HIV/AIDS, global warming,and cloning to help you tune up your baloney detector to expose the liberal, anti-religious propagnada we're being fed.

:lulz:

Kai

Meh. It's pretty meaningless to me, and might as well be filed under Poe's Law, considering how well Steven Colbert can pull off this sort of satire.

No one will be convinced by this who aren't already convinced, and people who are already convinced won't change their minds.

The book simply hurts the eyes and ears but does no damage that hasn't been done already.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Iason Ouabache

:walken:

I already knew this series existed though. The one on evolution is written by Jonathan Wells. It's more like the Scientifically Incorrect Guide to Politics, amirite?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

The Factually Incorrect Guide to Movement Talking Points.

Their "guides" to Islam and Christianity make hilariously basic errors about history, in addition to insulting science and most peoples intelligence.

Iason Ouabache

They only have the audio version of the Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible, but this part made me laugh:

Quote•The Bible made modern science possible (which is why it started in the Middle Ages)
•Biblical laws paved the way for democracy and limited government
•The Bible promotes human freedom

:lulz: I wonder which secret decoder ring he used to find democracy in the Bible.
    \

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 28, 2010, 05:41:16 PM
They only have the audio version of the Politically Incorrect Guide to the Bible, but this part made me laugh:

Quote•The Bible made modern science possible (which is why it started in the Middle Ages)
•Biblical laws paved the way for democracy and limited government
•The Bible promotes human freedom

:lulz: I wonder which secret decoder ring he used to find democracy in the Bible.

Or a jury trial, for that matter.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

Since I am a glutton for punishment, I actually downloaded "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science". I'm not actually going to read it all but I'll give you a quick outline as I skim through it:

Intro: Scientists are greedy bastards that are often swayed by politics (except for the scientists that agree with us).

Chapter 1: Global Warming = Communism

Chapter 2: More nuclear power, just NIMBY.

Chapter 3: Hormesis is cool. The EPA sucks. A little bit of radiation never killed anyone. Not that many people got cancer from Hiroshima or Chernobyl.

Chapter 4: Hormesis is cool. The EPA still sucks. People over react about chemical spills. Not that many people died from the Love Canal or Times Beach spills.

Chapter 5: Rachel Carson sucks. DDT is awesome!

Chapter 6: Biodiversity means that we don't have to worry about all of the species that are going extinct. Besides, endangered animals taste awesome! 

Chapter 7: Not that many people are dying from AIDS in Africa. Let's stop sending them money.

Chapter 8: Our current cloning methods suck so we should just stop trying.

Chapter 9: We haven't produced any results from stem cell research, so we should just stop trying.

Chapter 10: We haven't produced any results from gene therapy so we should just stop trying. Also, the Human Genome Project sucks.

Chapter 11: We haven't produced any results on the War on Cancer so we should just stop trying. Also, cancer isn't caused by genes.

Chapter 12: Religion doesn't oppose Real Science. People didn't really think that the world was flat. Christianity didn't cause the Dark Ages.

Chapter 13: Intelligent Design rools, Evolution drools.

Chapter 14: Evolution is false because there are no transitional fossils. (Plus more lies from Jonathan Wells)
    \