News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Dawkins Forum Implodes

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 25, 2010, 06:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

They can if God changes the rules for them.

I love wen people try to apply natural law to omnipotence.   :lulz:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Juana

Douchebags. Gives the rest of the atheist community a bad name.

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 27, 2010, 08:03:19 PM
I married a smug Atheist who, after failing to convince me to become an Atheist and mocking me for years, converted to Episcopalianism and then spent several more years trying to convert me to THAT. :(
What a turn around. And what a dick.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Remington

The funny thing is that he seems to be quite intelligent otherwise. He's a bit of a script kiddie/hacker, he took down the college's mail servers last year with a mail bomb.

His beliefs aren't internally consistent though... he believes in taking the Bible literally (Noah's Ark, plus he refers to evolution as "Darwinism"), yet he's never heard of the Ussher Chronology (Earth=6,000 years old).
Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demon Sheep on February 27, 2010, 10:20:14 PM
Douchebags. Gives the rest of the atheist community a bad name.

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 27, 2010, 08:03:19 PM
I married a smug Atheist who, after failing to convince me to become an Atheist and mocking me for years, converted to Episcopalianism and then spent several more years trying to convert me to THAT. :(
What a turn around. And what a dick.

Yeah. He kind of takes pride in being a dick. He married me because I was "hardcore enough to handle him" but eventually he just got fat, boring, and lazy. I was all "WHERE'S YOUR PUNK ROCK, YOU SWEATPANTS-WEARING DIET-COKE GUZZLING BITCH?" and he was all "BAWWWWWW" and then we got a divorce.

From that guy I learned:

1. Cute punk rockers with pink hair can still grow up to be boring and/or annoying
2. You can't trust anyone who holds firm beliefs, because what they hold a firm belief in is subject to change at any time
3. If someone tells you that they are a dick, they are
4. If an underemployed guy has a dirty apartment, he's never gonna hold down a job OR clean the house.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

I shall take those lessons to heart. And wtf, he sounds rather full of himself with the "hardcore enough to handle him" thing.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Demon Sheep on February 27, 2010, 10:50:53 PM
I shall take those lessons to heart. And wtf, he sounds rather full of himself with the "hardcore enough to handle him" thing.

Ohhh yeah, totally. I was 23 and at the height of stupidity. I thought I was soooo experienced and world-wise! He was the 25-year-old, pink-haired, punk-rock editor of a local music paper, a band promoter with a local label, and totally Mr. Music Scene Knows Everybody. He had pristine skin because he thought tattoos and piercings were just so mainstream, so five minutes ago. I thought he was really cool.
:lulz:

There's nothing like marriage and having a couple kids to dissolve illusions, eh?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and when I met him he was all "I LIVE LIFE HARD BECAUSE I'M GOING TO DIE BEFORE I TURN 30"! He's diabetic.  :x

He's going to be 41 this year, and he's physically a total wreck. When I hear kids say shit like that now, I want to show him to them as an object lesson. Luckily, he DID eventually grow up, remarried, and is expecting a kid with his second wife who is a lovely and very forbearing woman.

To bring it back sort of on-topic; never marry a devout atheist.  8)

Faust

by the way, this is the thread I was talking about http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3272105&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
basically only calmbro's posts and whoever he is quoting is worth reading.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 28, 2010, 01:56:29 AM
Quote from: Demon Sheep on February 27, 2010, 10:50:53 PM

Ohhh yeah, totally. I was 23 and at the height of stupidity. I thought I was soooo experienced and world-wise! He was the 25-year-old, pink-haired, punk-rock editor of a local music paper, a band promoter with a local label, and totally Mr. Music Scene Knows Everybody. He had pristine skin because he thought tattoos and piercings were just so mainstream, so five minutes ago. I thought he was really cool.
:lulz:

There's nothing like marriage and having a couple kids to dissolve illusions, eh?

Sounds like it. Jeez.

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 28, 2010, 02:02:18 AM
To bring it back sort of on-topic; never marry a devout atheist.  8)
Ugh. Duly noted.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on February 28, 2010, 02:07:22 AM
by the way, this is the thread I was talking about http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3272105&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
basically only calmbro's posts and whoever he is quoting is worth reading.

Shit I'm only on page 2 and I'm already LOLing in admiration at that Calmbro guy.