News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Dan Halloran

Started by Don Coyote, October 29, 2010, 06:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

I don't recall seeing anything about this guy here yet, but  :lulz: :lulz:

QuotePaganism is starting to gain acceptance in mainstream society.  As a measure of acceptance we are seeing milestones hit such as Patrick McCollum speaking at the World Forum of Spiritual Culture in Astana, Kazakhstan last week.  Another such milestone is the election of openly Pagan candidates to political office.   In the past few years the Pagan community has seen the election of two openly Pagan candidates.  One of them is Dan Halloran.
http://politics.pagannewswirecollective.com/2010/10/28/pagans-in-politics-series-dan-halloran/

My favorite part is this.
QuoteWhy do you think that Pagans in reconstructionist religions have been more successful in breaking into politics and seen a serious candidates than Wiccans and other Contemporary Pagans?
Quote from: HalloranBecause the intellectual rigors of reconstruction faiths provide the discipline and education needed to be taken seriously in academic circles... which usually means mainstream higher education, in turn upper income, and more mainstream appearances and social involvement.

Pope Pixie Pickle

where'd the O' in front of his name go?

:argh!:

because that's ALMOST my surname.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on October 29, 2010, 11:04:47 AM
where'd the O' in front of his name go?

:argh!:

because that's ALMOST my surname.

He sold it to be more Murrikan.