News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Man faces jail for videotaping gun-waving cop

Started by Juana, August 01, 2010, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Ferka Zarco on August 01, 2010, 11:27:40 PM
I could agree with that, for a certain definition of "nothing to hide" which requires that there be nothing in your history that you could possibly get in trouble for and reliable witnesses at every stage in your life to publically dispute any fabricated evidence of wrongdoing.

:horrormirth:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 02, 2010, 12:11:17 AM
Quote from: Captain Utopia on August 01, 2010, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on August 01, 2010, 10:43:19 PM
You have got to be joking.

In the sense that I think it's a fallacious argument - yes.  In the sense that I think it's funny to use said argument against the machine which invented it - no.  In the sense that precisely the reason why we'd want the freedom to record police behaviour is because they have plenty to hide, thus creating an interesting cognitive dissonance - welcome to PD.com  :wink:

This post is irritating to read in the sense that it is confusing.

For some reason I got the sense he was being sarcastic, but that may be because my irony sensors have been down for maintenance recently.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 02, 2010, 12:36:54 AM

In the sense that I think it's a fallacious argument - yes.  In the sense that I think it's funny to use said argument against the machine which invented it - no.  In the sense that precisely the reason why we'd want the freedom to record police behaviour is because they have plenty to hide, thus creating an interesting cognitive dissonance - welcome to PD.com  :wink:

For some reason I got the sense he was being sarcastic, but that may be because my irony sensors have been down for maintenance recently.

I understood Cpt. Utopia's post as turning that old cliché on its head, and saying that if the police have nothing to hide, then they have nothing to fear from a video camera wielding civilian.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Captain Utopia

Yup, which made me wonder for a minute if the cliché was correct.

the last yatto

Quote from: Captain Utopia on August 02, 2010, 12:28:18 AM
Are you having difficulty with the writing or the concepts?

Both actually... like what's a pro-noun and why does it get paided more then a noun
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jasper

Quote from: Captain Utopia on August 02, 2010, 01:10:21 AM
Yup, which made me wonder for a minute if the cliché was correct.

Ohh.  No, I couldn't tell.  My brain locked up on that one, so I didn't get it.  :lol:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Pastor-Monkey Zucchini on August 02, 2010, 12:43:45 AM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 02, 2010, 12:36:54 AM

I understood Cpt. Utopia's post as turning that old cliché on its head, and saying that if the police have nothing to hide, then they have nothing to fear from a video camera wielding civilian.

Concur :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

ALL LINE UP FOR STATES' RIGHTS HERE!

See, one thing Jeffersonian spags forget, the protection of the weak is usually compromised when states' RIGHTS TO HAVE TEH RIGHTS trumps those of the individual.  I'm finding cases like this as well as the Prop 8 fiasco falling under this category, and there's many more like them.  Arizona's recent Operation Wetback Mach II barks high and loud in this key.