News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Am I right? Am I justified?

Started by Cuddlefish, July 15, 2012, 05:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

The conversation was about low income people that choose to buy liquor over food.

I mean, am I right? If so, am I accomplishing anything by responding to this tripe, or should I just mind my own business? Shit like this has a tendency to get me all worked up.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I think you're both right, but that David is more wrong.

And IMO, getting worked up about something you really care about is intrinsically good, regardless of whether it seems to immediately accomplish anything.

I say keep going until the anger launches you into a sarcastic fury. Take it to the wall.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

hooplala

Hey, at least nobody called it a disease so I'm happy, but yeah... I say nail him to the wall. That's what Facebook is for, isn't it?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

I think you're definitely on track.  Addiction, especially chemical addiction, is a very intricate behavioral health issue and isn't as simple as soome one just "well, then stop"-ing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cuddlefish on July 15, 2012, 05:04:46 PM

The conversation was about low income people that choose to buy liquor over food.

I mean, am I right? If so, am I accomplishing anything by responding to this tripe, or should I just mind my own business? Shit like this has a tendency to get me all worked up.

People like that asswipe need smaked hard and often.

Their logic is fucked to begin with. If addiction is a disease that the addict needs to seek treatment for, why do they want to punish and marginalize diseased people?

Ream his ass till he cries.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Richter

It sounds like the right motobike to me Dimo.

Just keep in mind that you are dealing with a person addicted to being a righteous ass.  He needs compassion and all that. To the face.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat