News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Contribute to Australia's same-sex marriage debate!

Started by Deepthroat Chopra, March 21, 2012, 04:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deepthroat Chopra

The Oz parliament is soon to consider bills legalising same-sex marriage (and/or civil unions, a kind of second-class recognition of a relationship). There's an Inquiry into it first, asking for the public to complete a survey, in which you can leave qualitative comments.

Access that here - http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/House_of_Representatives_Committees?url=spla/bill%20marriage/index.htm

There doesn't seem to be any requirement that you be Australian.

I guess for me, I see it solely in terms of an equality issue. I've been shacked up with the same squeeze for 13 years, and haven't felt the need to formalise this with the state. But, there's people who like this sort of thing, and I've always enjoyed a wedding. I'd access a lot more free beer if my friends in gay couples could marry. Sure, I'd have to shell out for crockery or touch lamps or something, but fair's fair.

The Australian Christian Lobby is encouraging their people to respond with arguments about how marriage equality will end marriage for good, create shortages of silk, and destroy the envornment due to the increase in demand of corsages, or something -
http://www.acl.org.au/2012/03/have-your-say-on-the-future-of-marriage/

Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

Freeky

Silk shortages?  :lulz:

I did one.  Were we supposed to say we agree with the marriage bills, because I didn't read them.

Deepthroat Chopra

Well, I guess you're supposed to say what you think. But agreement = support of gay marriage. Reading about these bills going through Alaska, Arizona, and that where they're even trying to take sex backwards (in time), this seems a good thing.

Even if it gets beaten.
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector