News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

I am going to destroy America. No, totally, for srs

Started by Cain, January 31, 2012, 02:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on January 31, 2012, 04:03:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 31, 2012, 04:01:00 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 31, 2012, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: Demolition_Squid on January 31, 2012, 03:55:53 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on January 31, 2012, 03:48:30 PM
This is what will happen if you staff your border security exclusively with ultraparanoid retards. Of course I'm given the impression that that description would apply to, what, 99.99% of you population? I guess it's inevitable. And also very hilarious. I wonder how long until every facebook and twitter update is treated as a serious terrur threat  :evil:

This isn't about anyone thinking this man is a real threat, being ultraparanoid or anything of the sort.

This is about sending a message. That message is: We Are In Charge. Dissent Will Not Be Tolerated.

And the best way they could think of sending out that message was by licking a window and peeing in their pants like little girls?

Or, looked at a different way, causing the guy to waste his vacation, the price of the tickets, endure an immediate return flight AFTER spending an afternoon in a crappy little room being harassed by customs agents.

This.

A friend of mine is planning a holiday in the US. He has to go and plead his case to the ambassador because he has a DUI charge. He needs to prove that he is a trustworthy soul who can be trusted to set foot on sacred American soil.

Shit like this is about reinforcing the message that they can and will deny you entry to the country for any reason they damn well please. Hopefully in my friend's case, this discovery will only cost him an afternoon rather than a day + a buttload of money.

Friend of mine had a layover in Canada on his way to Amsterdam and Canada wouldn't let him cross the airport cause of a DUI.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Cain

British sovereignty is pretty much a sham

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/planning-a-trip-to-canada-or-the-caribbean-us-immigration-may-have-other-ideas-7584912.html

QuoteOne million British travellers planning to fly to Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico this year face the risk of being turned away at the airport – at the insistence of the US Department of Homeland Security.

New rules require British Airways and other airlines flying to certain airports outside America to submit passengers' personal data to US authorities. The information is checked against a "No Fly" list containing tens of thousands of names. Even if the flight plan steers well clear of US territory, travellers whom the Americans regard as suspicious will be denied boarding.

Simon Hughes, the deputy leader of the Liberal Democrats, told The Independent: "The concern by the US for its own security is entirely understandable, but it seems to me it's a whole different issue that American wishes should determine the rights and choices of people travelling between two countries neither of which is the US."

For several years, every US-bound passenger has had to provide Advance Passenger Information (API) before departure. Washington has extended the obligation to air routes that over-fly US airspace, such as Heathrow to Mexico City or Gatwick to Havana.

Now the US is demanding passengers' full names, dates of birth and gender from airlines, at least 72 hour before departure from the UK to Canada. The initial requirement is for flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and the Nova Scotia capital, Halifax – 150 miles from the nearest US territory. A similar stipulation is expected soon for the main airports in western Canada, Vancouver and Calgary.

Any passenger who refuses to comply will be denied boarding. Those who do supply details may find their trip could be abruptly cancelled by the Department of Homeland Security, which says it will "Make boarding pass determinations up until the time a flight leaves the gate ... If a passenger successfully obtains a boarding pass, his/her name is not on the No Fly list." In other words, travellers cannot find out whether they will be accepted on board until they reach the airport.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 02, 2012, 10:53:45 AM
British sovereignty is pretty much a sham

Didn't you guys have kings and shit that would cut peoples' heads off for this manner of shit, years back?
Molon Lube

Cain

Well, David Cameron only feels safe picking on people poorer than himself.  Which, amazingly, does not yet include the USA.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on April 02, 2012, 02:24:14 PM
Well, David Cameron only feels safe picking on people poorer than himself.  Which, amazingly, does not yet include the USA.

Well, we have vast resources to run through, but we'll get there eventually.
Molon Lube

Cain

You could still be rising as fast as China, compared to us.  Our cabinet break out the champagne when we get a 0.3% quarterly growth.  They start on the coke when unemployment fails to rise as quickly as it did the previous month.  2.4% economic growth and actual job creation would give them endless orgasms, which would be a very unpleasant sight.