News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Fantastic goddamn blog

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 18, 2013, 04:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My housemate has mentioned this guy a time or two, I believe.

http://www.pattonoswalt.com/index.cfm?page=spew&id=167

The line at the end is the best. Super awesome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Oooooh, yeah. Thanks for this.  :)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Left

Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Junkenstein

Liking this so far. Stand-up is a very avid interest of mine and I bet I know who this is:

QuoteAnd another young comedian we both knew – who had started featuring, which meant doing 30 minute sets after the emcee but before the headliner – started stealing Blaine's material.  Not a joke here or a line there.  Huge, sprawling chunks of Blaine's act, which ballooned the material he had from about ten minutes to more than half an hour.  And he used it to feature – to make more money, to have an easier time in front of an audience that had been warmed up by an emcee like me or Blaine, to get even more gigs.  He made no attempt to hide what he was doing and, if I remember correctly, even did some of it right in front of Blaine at a show in Baltimore.

Blaine, ever more Zen than me, even at that young age, politely confronted the comedian and asked him to stop.  "That's my stuff, man.  Could you not do it, please?"

The other comedian wasn't angry or defensive.  He was, incredibly, confused.

"But I'm starting to get feature sets.  I don't have 30 minutes of material.  You've got more than 30 minutes.  And you're not getting feature sets."  The young comedian explained this Blaine like he was explaining the concept of the Tooth Fairy to a 3 year-old.

Blaine said, "But you're only getting those feature sets because of my material.  You wouldn't have enough to fill a half hour unless you stole from me."

"Yeah, I know," explained the comedian, patiently.  "You ain't out there working to get feature sets.  You're just writing all this material and then just doing emcee sets.  You ain't featuring full-time like me, so I need that material.  You're not using it featuring."

Clue for anyone who cares, Hicks was not fond of him either.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Very intelligent and well thought out.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Took a long time to get through it.

Totally worth it.