News:

"We don't make the apocalypse, we make the apocalypse better."

Main Menu

DOUR's English/European Translator Service.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 14, 2013, 09:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Post ITT with what you want translated.  Be sure to mention if it's English-to-European or vice-versa, or I cannot be held responsible for any unfortunate misunderstandings.  Also, the precise location in Europe or North America, if given, will make the translation more accurate.

This is primarily so that people visiting one side of the pond or the other will not be tripped up by the nuances of each dialect.  I offer this out of pure civic-mindedness and goodwill.

ETA:  Be advised, I will not be using the LANGUAGE of the area in question, but rather the concept.  Then just run it through google translator to put it in the language in question.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

"Go fuck yourself with a hammer."

English to Basque, please.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Demolition Squid

"E's a right flash geezer that bloke, got a monkey on the lock for twelve an' a new iphone too."

I swear to god I heard this on a train once and I can only decipher about half of it. It was so gloriously incomprehensible it has stuck with me for years!

European 'English' > 'English' please. D:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 14, 2013, 09:51:04 PM
"E's a right flash geezer that bloke, got a monkey on the lock for twelve an' a new iphone too."

I swear to god I heard this on a train once and I can only decipher about half of it. It was so gloriously incomprehensible it has stuck with me for years!

European 'English' > 'English' please. D:

"He's a rich guy", "fuck you officer, I'm armed", "he has a new iphone".  In that order.

Demolition Squid

Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 14, 2013, 09:55:23 PM
Thanks, Rog!

I exist to serve.

Note:  Shortening my name to "Rog" is acceptable only if we're currently having sex.