News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Candybox 2 - there goes my life

Started by P3nT4gR4m, November 29, 2013, 12:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So I'm stuck. I'm missing the last letter and one other item. I haven't bought the witch's hat yet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 08:08:53 PM
So I'm stuck. I'm missing the last letter and one other item. I haven't bought the witch's hat yet.

If you're able to beat the developer, I highly recommend doing so wearing the candy merchants hat. It solves pretty much everything.

You can throw a whole mess of Lolligators into the pond to generate pretty much any number of lollipops you ever need by beating the developer over and over again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Payne on December 03, 2013, 09:05:35 PM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on December 03, 2013, 08:08:53 PM

If you're able to beat the developer, I highly recommend doing so wearing the candy merchants hat. It solves pretty much everything.

You can throw a whole mess of Lolligators into the pond to generate pretty much any number of lollipops you ever need by beating the developer over and over again.

Oh hey, that's a good idea!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 01, 2013, 06:41:15 PM
I love the way the world of A Dark Room unfolds as you dive into it. It actually tells a creepy little story.

I recommend hitting the little "lights off" option in the lower right, also. It adds atmosphere.

Dude. I found the wreckage last night. And then realized something. I'm not who I thought I was. Mind. Blown.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 04, 2013, 06:32:33 AM
I love the way the world of A Dark Room unfolds as you dive into it. It actually tells a creepy little story.

I recommend hitting the little "lights off" option in the lower right, also. It adds atmosphere.

Dude. I found the wreckage last night. And then realized something. I'm not who I thought I was. Mind. Blown.

No! Damnit! Gah! I didn't want to beat the game! :P There was still so much to explore! So many more things to blow up! Gah!

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 04, 2013, 08:10:52 AM

No! Damnit! Gah! I didn't want to beat the game! :P There was still so much to explore! So many more things to blow up! Gah!

****A DARK ROOM SPOILERS****

It's great, isn't it? I played through it again after that first round so I could explore the whole map. Once you find a few of the cities and battle sites you don't miss much by riding the ship.

I just loved how the game starts out with you and a pile of wood and just builds up from there. After you encounter your first scaly murderous terror in the wilds you start to think that maybe it isn't as simple as starting a primitive village. Then you hit abandoned suburbs and hospitals, abandoned cities and snipers attack you from tall grass. Armed and masked men are raiding your town.

When it's all over, I had this idea that yeah, I was doing alright by my village and helping the wanderers, but I was also barging into people's homes and murdering them, stealing their valuables and taking over their resources. I was a fucking monster and I didn't even know it until the end.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

This thread is probably the best place to mention this

http://www.stanleyparable.com/

I suspect a lot of you would enjoy this. Some of you far too much.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Junkenstein on December 04, 2013, 02:30:53 PM

I watched the trailer on Steam and it definitely caught my attention. Do you know if it's any good?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Sita

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 04, 2013, 02:32:56 PM

I watched the trailer on Steam and it definitely caught my attention. Do you know if it's any good?
It is quite good. And humorous.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I finished Candy Box. I'm trying to resist playing A Dark Room because finals are next week.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 04, 2013, 01:53:19 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on December 04, 2013, 08:10:52 AM

****A DARK ROOM SPOILERS****

It's great, isn't it? I played through it again after that first round so I could explore the whole map. Once you find a few of the cities and battle sites you don't miss much by riding the ship.

I just loved how the game starts out with you and a pile of wood and just builds up from there. After you encounter your first scaly murderous terror in the wilds you start to think that maybe it isn't as simple as starting a primitive village. Then you hit abandoned suburbs and hospitals, abandoned cities and snipers attack you from tall grass. Armed and masked men are raiding your town.

When it's all over, I had this idea that yeah, I was doing alright by my village and helping the wanderers, but I was also barging into people's homes and murdering them, stealing their valuables and taking over their resources. I was a fucking monster and I didn't even know it until the end.

**** MORE SPOILER TYPE THINGS ****

Yeah, I was wondering why there wasn't a "feed the gaunt old man" option. Instead you just beat him to death. And the stuff with all the giant lizard things leaving scales everywhere. I was also really puzzled by the youth in the city poking me with a tree branch, especially since I usually found a rifle or a steel sword on him, once I looted the body. And why I couldn't read any of the writing I found. All the little odd things that didn't make sense . . . it's because . . . because I was one of them.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Sita on December 04, 2013, 02:38:38 PM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 04, 2013, 02:32:56 PM

It is quite good. And humorous.

I'll second that. It's pretty good. Long-ish review thing with tons of spoilers, gives the overall gist in 20 mins and still leaves enough out to make it worth playing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiCLKmEAa1I

Honestly, a few of the narrators comments caused actual laughter. And thought. It's worth a look.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.