News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

BREAKING: KRISTEN STEWART TO STAR IN ROMANTIC VERSION OF 1984

Started by Suu, January 15, 2014, 11:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 01:43:20 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 16, 2014, 07:29:41 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 16, 2014, 03:48:28 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 16, 2014, 02:43:52 AM
So she gets rats.

I'm okay with this.

:lulz:

I think the guy gets the rats. I don't know what she gets, didn't Orwell leave it unsaid? 

The possibilities are ENDLESS.  :)

Winston was threatened with the rats and it was his breaking point. He told his torturers to do it to HER. It was the first time he betrayed her and it broke him. After that they let him go because he was a broken shell. I don't remember if it says they did it to her, but I do remember Winston's agonizing over the betrayal bit.

Um, they shot him after they broke him.

Yeah? Okay, sorry. I remember him thinking about the guy who everyone avoids but gets discounted drinks at his local social establishment and him thinking about how they'd come for him a few years down the road if he survived this anyway. I forget the actual ending. Need to reread, apparently!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cain

I like Lichtenstein more than 1135.

Wait, we are comparing random countries and years, right?

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on January 16, 2014, 08:59:45 AM
1. 1984 isn't a romantic comedy?

2. Kristen Stewart can act.  And smile.  I have seen both.  However, I think she has been given a number of incredibly shit, yet commercially successfully roles in the past. She's not going to pull a Robert Pattinson and whine because, well, money is money, but at the same time, those roles are dumb.  Would you put in more than the minumum effort required to get paid?

Cain wins the thread.
The Runaways was one of the few fairly recent films I bothered checking out, and she actually was good in that. Most of the stuff coming out these days is crap, for reasons stated in this thread. Also the fact that the american public just wants to see shit blowing up and/or mahdjique, so the SFX tend to carry the movie at the expense of character development, dialogue, etc.

This movie will suck, but not because of her. Because 21st century.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A