News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

What we have, and they might lack

Started by Zurtok Khan, April 30, 2005, 08:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zurtok Khan

Imagination is more important than knowledge...
-Albert Einstein

What is grey?  Grey is the unbending, unending, formless color-shape that we all seem to be quite aware of.  Greyface liked grey.  He thought it was comfortable.

To get beyond grey requires IMAGINATION.  To imagine that what you have here could be different, and that YOU COULD BE THE INSTIGATOR OF THAT CHANGE is what the followers of Greyface uniformly lack.  They are comfortable in their grey, tasteless world.  They complain about it, because they feel helpless towards it's "ultimate objectivity."  They are the cogs in the machine turning endlessly, because they don't realize that they can get out if they want to.

Everything you do is a change.  I recently read a book (Fool's Fateby Robin Hobb) wherein the author commented that one character "ripped the crown out of the flow of time."  It was a rather interesting scene, and moved me to philosophical inquiry of the subject.  Is time, is FATE, something that can be changed by those with enough will power (or for you Nietzschians, Will to Power)?  Good question, I have no answer, only that I do as I see neccisary, all else be damned.

Discordians are all Greyfaces, and Greyfaces are all Discordians, as I'm sure you're all quite well aware.  To me, the only difference one can make is the amount of IMAGINATION and the WILL to DO that which is IMAGINED.  The herd has no Will to Imagine.  The herd, those plebian masses to which we all belong, have only their grey.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.

(PS: Thank you Einstien)
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

akljdfja

In true fashion then knowledge of imagination being more important than knowledge becomes jusitified by what? Imaginary bank accounts?

Reality is an illusion; albeit a persistant one. That persistance is the bugbear of reality. It's the cornerstone from which all scientific knowledge is extrapolated.

On a lighter note nietzche's 'will to power' is life affirming for the nihilist.

In a sense and I'm at a point where I'm considering such things, all individuals are imaginative in their nature. To some extent the only way to happiness is either by speaking out and getting yourself killed by an angry mob of sheeple or diving into self-deception headfirst and never looking back.

My problem and not to add to yours is that intellectual honesty rears it's ugly head and I'm taken back to being imaginary again, the glue that binds a person to a particular idea of self is super glued to existence.

Anyways some wacky guy says that the more intelligent a person becomes the less they speak. Another says the only way to end strife is for good men to do nothing. I think I'm dumb then I've violated wisdom by telling you this, and now for the burning at the stake or encouraging others to get burned by knowing too much.

Twain said although I'm not quoting directly so it may be off " that all man needs is ignorance and confidence and success is certain."

Ben

Paraphrase: "God works in mysterious ways.  He blesses good men by saying 'be destroyed!' while cursing wicked men by commanding 'live 1,000 years.'" ~Satya Sai Baba.

Zurtok Khan

I feel better now.

Suffice to say, my momentary insanity has lapsed back into painful sanity, and I'm not sure this little rant makes sense to me any more.

Bon voyage!
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

damage control

Quote from: akljdfjaIn true fashion then knowledge of imagination being more important than knowledge becomes jusitified by what? Imaginary bank accounts?

Reality is an illusion; albeit a persistant one. That persistance is the bugbear of reality. It's the cornerstone from which all scientific knowledge is extrapolated.

On a lighter note nietzche's 'will to power' is life affirming for the nihilist.

In a sense and I'm at a point where I'm considering such things, all individuals are imaginative in their nature. To some extent the only way to happiness is either by speaking out and getting yourself killed by an angry mob of sheeple or diving into self-deception headfirst and never looking back.

My problem and not to add to yours is that intellectual honesty rears it's ugly head and I'm taken back to being imaginary again, the glue that binds a person to a particular idea of self is super glued to existence.

Anyways some wacky guy says that the more intelligent a person becomes the less they speak. Another says the only way to end strife is for good men to do nothing. I think I'm dumb then I've violated wisdom by telling you this, and now for the burning at the stake or encouraging others to get burned by knowing too much.

Twain said although I'm not quoting directly so it may be off " that all man needs is ignorance and confidence and success is certain."

Yeah basically what I was getting at was that if imagination is more important than knowledge, then that would be knowledge greater in importance than taking the assertion as true that knowledge is more important than imagination.

E was still cool though, but he'd never let go of the ordered universe, and then the sought out union to put together the theory of everything still persist - insert howard bloom for instance.

Sorry to hear about becoming painfully sane again. There is the odd nonesuch idea of going into the rabbit hole; i've been into the abyss of mind.

The song scatterbrain from radiohead summed it up best for me;

any fool can easy pick a hole i only wish i could fall in

- d r i f t