News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

steam rolling

Started by LHX, April 12, 2007, 02:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

got buckets of shit nobody wants but dishing out anyway

people watch because its more fascinating than what is otherwise seen

the allure of natural disasters
storms
violence

these things that nobody calls good
but relentlessly fascinating

pull
a naked woman has less pull than a woman in lingerie
and this is true for very specific and identifiable reasons

killing motherfuckers mostly by letting them kill themselves
watch as they flock toward a pestilence

this thing they seek - where is it exactly?

these things that everybody 'knows' yet cannot demonstrate

demonstrate

looking people in the eye and speaking

producing a series of written text on demand

skeleton + skin roaming a planet communicating with like objects

nothing more - but more importantly - nothing less

there are things we dont know
there are things that are unknowable

we will know the things that are knowable
we will determine a boundary beyond which the unknowable exists

sloppiness is old fashioned

those who commit themselves to planning yet are timid to action will be run over

there are certain achievements that are not celebrated

according to the universal justice system - the only people allowed to criticize are those who are committed to assisting that which they criticize

there exist beings on this planet who will trip you up at every opportunity they get
- they do such things as pointing out inadequacies but stopping short at offering solutions

these beings want your attention
and their desire for your attention is endless
a bottomless pit
relentlessly hungry

some suggest it is only curable by lava
others suggest that it may be curable by dedication and effort piled on effort

pay no attention to those beings and situations which provide you with no nourishment in return
unless you are paying attention to it in order to destroy it

if anybody needs me ill be in the trenches using every tool i can get my hands on

there are people who will fuck your ass up if you dont move correctly
and if you havent met them yet
you will meet them soon

Peace
neat hell

AFK

lhx bringing it.  rah. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LHX on April 12, 2007, 02:24:39 PMthere are things we dont know
there are things that are unknowable

we will know the things that are knowable
we will determine a boundary beyond which the unknowable exists

i have good reason to believe that these boundaries themselves are part of the unknowable, so they cannot be determined.

weird and counterintuitive as fuck, but that's reality for ya

peace ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bo

Quote from: triple zero on April 12, 2007, 04:30:44 PM
i have good reason to believe that these boundaries themselves are part of the unknowable, so they cannot be determined.
So what are these good reasons? :)
In principle I could keep asking questions (like 'why?' or  'how?'). As long as I can answer these questions, I have not reached the boundary, as soon as I can't answer them (or I fail to ask a new question), I have reached the boundary.
The only problem arises if the number of questions is infinite, but that is imo equivalent to saying that there is no boundary.

Triple Zero

as you very well know, Bo, you can have a boundary that is both infinite and still encompasses a finite space :)

anyway, yes, you can keep asking questions, and you will arrive at some point where you cannot answer them anymore, probably, but then you have found one part of the boundary.

maybe i should have been more clear, i think there are certain parts of this boundary that are unknowable, so the entire boundary is impossible to determine.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Bo

Quote from: triple zero on April 12, 2007, 05:18:57 PM
maybe i should have been more clear, i think there are certain parts of this boundary that are unknowable, so the entire boundary is impossible to determine.

mwkay i can accept that, but still I would like to hear the good reasons you have for this statement :)

saint aini

Quote from: Bo on April 12, 2007, 05:25:12 PM

mwkay i can accept that, but still I would like to hear the good reasons you have for this statement :)

Every microscopic crevice of a barstool is unknowable. 

Is the barstool unknowable?
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

B_M_W

Quote from: saint aini on April 12, 2007, 05:35:41 PM
Quote from: Bo on April 12, 2007, 05:25:12 PM

Every microscopic crevice of a barstool is unknowable. 

Is the barstool unknowable?

It sure hurts when someone throws it at my head.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

Triple Zero

i just seems logical :) i cannot present you with a rockhard proof or anything, but it would involve a construction with one of those turing machines about which it is unknowable whether it terminates or not, and then somehow construct out of that some sort of theorem about which it is unknowable to find out whether it's knowable or not. that would be a piece of the boundary you cannot determine.
P=NP comes to mind, but i don't think it is known or proven whether it even can be proved or not, so in this case, for the future, i couldn't say, but i really wouldn't hold my breath for it :)

also, i think the people with the barstools are right and we are currently nitpicking :) sorry i started it :)