PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

Lost Topics #1: The Majency Oracle

Started by Triple Zero, September 01, 2008, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

"The Majency Oracle"
http://www.jamesbickers.com/majency.html

A free printable deck of "inspiration cards", similar to Brian Eno's "Oblique Strategies" or a deck of Tarot cards (if used for brainstorming/inspirational purposes)--check it out, some of the stuff is pretty far-out whacky, almost memebomb-worthy.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Just printed and cut up the whole deck.

As far as we've been interested in Burrough's cutup method, and the Art of Memetic's concept of reality as a collage, this seems like a very useful tool. Has yet to be seen though - these aren't just single words on cards, they're little units of information which don't totally jive with each other. Here's some examples of three random cards drawn from the deck:

[Coffee or Tea?] [How did those butterflies get in here?] [Hold my glasses please, I'll be right back.]

[Pencil, not pen] [Be sure to clean those before you use them] [Here, let me straighten that up for you.]

[They sure have some nerve, setting out a tip jar in this place!] [Is that really black hair, or is it just the lighting?] [It's not a math problem. It only looks like one.]

Hmmm, I'm not terribly inspired by the above juxtapositions.

LMNO

Payne

Quote from: Cramulus on September 03, 2008, 04:22:49 PM
Just printed and cut up the whole deck.

As far as we've been interested in Burrough's cutup method, and the Art of Memetic's concept of reality as a collage, this seems like a very useful tool. Has yet to be seen though - these aren't just single words on cards, they're little units of information which don't totally jive with each other. Here's some examples of three random cards drawn from the deck:

[Coffee or Tea?] [How did those butterflies get in here?] [Hold my glasses please, I'll be right back.]

[Pencil, not pen] [Be sure to clean those before you use them] [Here, let me straighten that up for you.]

[They sure have some nerve, setting out a tip jar in this place!] [Is that really black hair, or is it just the lighting?] [It's not a math problem. It only looks like one.]

Hmmm, I'm not terribly inspired by the above juxtapositions.

[They sure have some nerve, setting out a tip jar in this place!][How did those butterflies get in here?][It's not a math problem. It only looks like one.]