News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Rude People

Started by sungoldysue, November 01, 2008, 01:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can't eat in front of people who are not my close friends or family.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shadowdaemon

Quote from: Manta Obscura on November 04, 2008, 09:05:55 PM
Quote from: YattoDobbs on November 04, 2008, 06:32:28 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on November 03, 2008, 04:35:56 PM
Quote from: YattoDobbs on November 02, 2008, 02:03:47 AM
I used to pay for food at the supermarket in all coins, until they forced me to goto the coinstar machine first.

If you make a fuss about it, they can't force you to go to the coinstar. Since a lot of those Coinstars force you to pay a fee to convert your money, they can't obligate you to use them, because that would be akin to them obligating you to lose a portion of your money.. Plus, since all money printed by the government declares itself "legal tender for all debts, public and private," every store must take whatever form of legal-tender currency you have available. The only exceptions are, of course, online and over-the-phone orders which have disclaimers about what types of payment may be used.

I routinely pay my grocery bills in all coins, because that's what I usually have. The grocer made a fuss the first few times, but after standing my ground they relented.

eggs DO not go into a bag with freezer items it makes the cardboard soggy :argh!:

I hate it when things like that happen. That's why I insist on doing the bagging now. Last Thanksgiving, some brilliant bagger decided to put the turkey in the same bag as my eggs and bread, resulting in a bad of crushed bread and a dripping, soupy glop of chicken embryo.

What gets on my nerves more than that is when they put poisons or cleaning solutions in with food.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2008, 11:37:00 PM
Prisons are for those who cannot exist without preying on others.

Murderers, rapists, thieves, and Halliburton execs. 

Potheads?  Meh.  All they do is sit on the couch, eating Cheetohs.

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2008, 11:05:57 AM
The Bible sucks hairy goat balls.  Awful writing, boring plot, nothing of interest whatsoever.  "Elia who begat Noah who begat Adam who begat Joesph who begat NO-ONE GIVES A FUCKING SHIT, THATS WHO."

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Shadowdaemon on November 05, 2008, 11:00:36 PM
I used to pay for food at the supermarket in all coins, until they forced me to goto the coinstar machine first.

If you make a fuss about it, they can't force you to go to the coinstar. Since a lot of those Coinstars force you to pay a fee to convert your money, they can't obligate you to use them, because that would be akin to them obligating you to lose a portion of your money.. Plus, since all money printed by the government declares itself "legal tender for all debts, public and private," every store must take whatever form of legal-tender currency you have available. The only exceptions are, of course, online and over-the-phone orders which have disclaimers about what types of payment may be used.

I routinely pay my grocery bills in all coins, because that's what I usually have. The grocer made a fuss the first few times, but after standing my ground they relented.

eggs DO not go into a bag with freezer items it makes the cardboard soggy :argh!:

I hate it when things like that happen. That's why I insist on doing the bagging now. Last Thanksgiving, some brilliant bagger decided to put the turkey in the same bag as my eggs and bread, resulting in a bad of crushed bread and a dripping, soupy glop of chicken embryo.

What gets on my nerves more than that is when they put poisons or cleaning solutions in with food.

You buy poisons at the same time you buy food?
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Shadowdaemon

Quote from: Manta Obscura on November 06, 2008, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: Shadowdaemon on November 05, 2008, 11:00:36 PM

You buy poisons at the same time you buy food?

It's called a grocery list. Sometimes you need things like

Eggs
Milk
Tuna
Bread
Hamburger
Wasp Spray
Drano
etc etc etc

because you need all of those things and making a separate trip to the grocery store for food, then poison, then cleaning supplies does not make sense.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2008, 11:37:00 PM
Prisons are for those who cannot exist without preying on others.

Murderers, rapists, thieves, and Halliburton execs. 

Potheads?  Meh.  All they do is sit on the couch, eating Cheetohs.

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2008, 11:05:57 AM
The Bible sucks hairy goat balls.  Awful writing, boring plot, nothing of interest whatsoever.  "Elia who begat Noah who begat Adam who begat Joesph who begat NO-ONE GIVES A FUCKING SHIT, THATS WHO."