News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

Black Iron Prison v3 thread

Started by Cain, December 11, 2008, 06:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 17, 2008, 05:01:31 PM
I personally would like to stay away from "light vs dark" because I'm concerned it will reinforce the assumption that the BiP is Negative. Personally, I'd like the GSP to focus on the "possibilities" of looking at how we perceive our world. A Prison might be a great metaphor sometimes, Shrapnel sometimes, Ruts and Peaks and Slopes sometimes, Golden Spheres sometimes... and all of them might be useful to look at... all of them might usefully model some aspects of your life... Sometimes we're trapped by our decision, like in a prison, sometimes people have a lasting effect on us like Shrapnel, sometimes we're stuck in a Rut, sometimes we have a modicum of control and get to go explore.

If we play this Light vs Dark, I think we create an unnecessary Either/OR rather than an AND.

Thoughts?

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I was only referring to light and dark side stuff to play with connecting Star Wars memes to the issue.

For some reason, your post made me think that the future BIP/GSP/YSS/whatever project might work best as one of those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. Everyone starts on page one in prison, they turn the page and decide whether they want to continue with the BIP model (go to page 14), try out the GSP model (go to page 67), take on the Yellow Steel Submarine (cruise on over to page 101), or open up a can-o-whoopass in the Grayish Bouncy Wrestling Ring (triple suplex over to page 72).

In the end, every path leads to your character dying, just like in real Choose Your Own Adventure books.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.