News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

A few notes on "Flouncing".

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 22, 2009, 04:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bds

Quote from: LMNO on April 22, 2009, 05:25:10 PM
I swear, I leave this board for four business days, and everything goes to shit.

The thing is, on this matter (that is, the reason he left), I agree with him, so I can't really expect him to "get over it".

Anyone know if he's gonna be hanging around POEE?

2 Guests, 2 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Detergent Lines Sniffington, Cain.

East Coast Hustle

The thing is, on this matter (that is, the reason he left), I agree with him, so I can't really expect him to "get over it".

I agree that if someone actually HAD sold his work for profit without discussing it with him first, he'd have every reason for the way he reacted. Given that, in fact, all that occurred was a discussion about the possibility of taking such action, his overreaction was almost comically ridiculous, and I say that hoping that he reads it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I don't think this is entirely about Intermittens.

Cain is a very intelligent guy and to think this is the sole reason he took off is kind of insulting IMO.

It may look that way on the surface but I doubt it.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 23, 2009, 12:28:13 AM

I agree that if someone actually HAD sold his work for profit without discussing it with him first, he'd have every reason for the way he reacted. Given that, in fact, all that occurred was a discussion about the possibility of taking such action, his overreaction was almost comically ridiculous, and I say that hoping that he reads it.

Yeah, well, like I said, I don't think that was the only thing bugging him.  He's basically fucked.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Agree with the OP, that the board lost one of if not the hugest assets it has.  Will miss you here, Cain.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 23, 2009, 02:21:36 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 23, 2009, 12:28:13 AM

Yeah, well, like I said, I don't think that was the only thing bugging him.  He's basically fucked.

we're ALL basically fucked. It's no excuse for losing your head and blowing up at people that are supposed to be (more or less) your friends.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Honey

Dear Cain,

Wish you were here (instead of me).   Bon Voyage!  & thanks for all the fish!

Sincerely yours,
me

(pleeeze come back soon?)
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Adios

I always thought with Cains' background he could start an "Information Clearing House" with certain valuable information being sold for fun and profit.