News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

Some motherfucking politicians need to learn to read the fucking Constitution

Started by Cain, July 29, 2009, 08:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

The Constitution REALLY doesn't matter any more to anyone with political power. So for me it's more an issue of just taking personal offense to the things I find horribly stupid, like this.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Sir Squid Diddimus

The constitution sure matters when it either works in their favor or they need to waive it around when their rights are being violated.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2009, 08:48:54 PM
Shit

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess118_2009-2010/bills/56.htm

Sucks donkey balls to live in South Carolina.

HAW HAW HAW!  We have to keep them pure, so when they get blown up in Crazyasfuckistan, they'll go to Jebus.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on July 29, 2009, 09:10:39 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2009, 09:02:37 PM
Looks like that will be headed to the Supreme Court if it passes.

Surely you mean the Goddamn Supreme Court! (renamed in a competition by Frank Miller)

What?  Was that when he was choking with patriotic rage about how Iran attacked the World Trade Center?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on July 30, 2009, 05:33:20 PM
The constitution sure matters when it either works in their favor or they need to waive it around when their rights are being violated.

The constitution either supports the oligarchy, or can't stop it.  Either way, it isn't fit to exist.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 30, 2009, 08:45:57 PM

The constitution either supports the oligarchy, or can't stop it.  Either way, it isn't fit to exist.

Many of the men involved in the revolution and the drawing up of the constitution were themselves oligarchs, effectively. I'd say it's the former, sadly.

Corvidia

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret never to be told.

LMNO

Payne

Actually, reading that back, I'd like to withdraw the statement. It reads like the kinda blanket statement, based in ignorance, that I sometimes find myself making and end up kicking myself for later. Sorry.

Where I was coming from was money has often played a significant role in American politics (probably no more so than elsewhere). Many politicians, from the revolutionary era right through to the present day, have been wealthy themselves or have come from wealthy families, and it's my thought that perhaps this will colour their policies and the laws that they lay down.

But, statement withdrawn, I'll just keep out of it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on July 31, 2009, 05:18:26 PM
Actually, reading that back, I'd like to withdraw the statement. It reads like the kinda blanket statement, based in ignorance, that I sometimes find myself making and end up kicking myself for later. Sorry.

Where I was coming from was money has often played a significant role in American politics (probably no more so than elsewhere). Many politicians, from the revolutionary era right through to the present day, have been wealthy themselves or have come from wealthy families, and it's my thought that perhaps this will colour their policies and the laws that they lay down.

But, statement withdrawn, I'll just keep out of it.

No, you're half right.  Hamilton, for example, should have been strapped to a cannon, and then used to decorate the landscape.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: la neige cône on July 30, 2009, 03:43:05 AM
Still think Lincoln saved the America?

Of course not.  If anything, he killed it on the operating table.

stella

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 29, 2009, 09:02:23 PM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on July 29, 2009, 08:56:45 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 29, 2009, 08:54:40 PM
Oh, Appalachian Trail Hiking SON OF GOD.

sorry LMNO but I will have to fix that for you

I have to offer an additional amendment.  Remember, this IS South Carolina we're talking about. 

But seriously, yes, I'm also glad I don't live in South Carolina.  Bunch of batshit insane politicians they've got there. 

SQUEAL LAK A PIGGIE!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Template

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 30, 2009, 08:45:57 PM

I disagree slightly.  I accept your premises, but the conclusion doesn't seem to follow: ineffective literature is still literature.  The constitution is like an empty shell casing: it still exists, and is made of brass.  Maybe someone could recycle it.  Only an idiot thinks it can still do anything as-is.