News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

How the World Ended.

Started by Cardinal Pizza Deliverance., February 27, 2012, 05:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

When things first went tits up, and by that I mean really tits up, the rioting in the streets for food kind of tits up, mobs formed outside of military installation everywhere. Predictably, most of these mobs were killed. Everywhere but in the Pacific Northwest that is. Back then not enough people knew about the Dark Empress and her Ways, and most that did passed them off as mere fantasy told by hipster parents to hipster children to scare them into being less retarded. See while She was a mighty personage, and one possessing a fearsome mien, She also cared for Her people. The mobs of hipsters, Her chosen people, and by that we mean they chose Her out some strange belief that maybe She wouldn't eat them, that attacked JBLM, a place now so cursed that only acronyms can be used, were seemingly possessed. The rentacops guarding Airforce side were no match for them. We shant even go into what all those poor Airmen had to endure. When the mobs headed south to the Army side, things got Weird. They say that day She Herself appeared on the battlefield. How else could hipsters so easily destroy some of the most prestigious units in the Army. The 201st Badger Sniffers. Dead all of them by apparent suicide. The 4th, 6th and 80th Infantries. Slaughtered, torn apart from the inside, safely within their death wagons. It got worse as the line units were torn apart. Who have thought that hipsters would be so formidable.
Others would speak blasphemies and suggest that She bribed certain elite and unknown and unnamed units at that accursed place.
Someone asked Her once. He was found later floating under a bridge smiling in death.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's like a dream come true!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2012, 07:14:08 PM

Then, one day, the whole pack of them vanished.  Just flat-out disappeared.  The looters finally got into the armory, but everything was gone, except that old reactor, which had all of it's fuel rods fully engaged.  The resulting fire scoured the area, and it's still poisonous to this day (and will be for a thousand years). 

To this day, nobody knows what happened to them.  Some say they "got away", through the bleed to some other Earth, where things had worked out better.  Some say they got to fighting among themselves, but I don't buy that.  Some say they just moved locations and laid low.

But it's been a while, and there's been no sign of them.  Me, I think the lucky bastards got away.

Whole cults have risen up around the idea that they found out where Harry went, and how to get there themselves. The cults don't seem to be making much progress, but either way, the world is slowly emptying out.

What came before was The Big Whoops.

What happens now is The Big Flush.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pope Coyote of the Wolffnords on February 28, 2012, 06:59:57 AM
When things first went tits up, and by that I mean really tits up, the rioting in the streets for food kind of tits up, mobs formed outside of military installation everywhere. Predictably, most of these mobs were killed. Everywhere but in the Pacific Northwest that is. Back then not enough people knew about the Dark Empress and her Ways, and most that did passed them off as mere fantasy told by hipster parents to hipster children to scare them into being less retarded. See while She was a mighty personage, and one possessing a fearsome mien, She also cared for Her people. The mobs of hipsters, Her chosen people, and by that we mean they chose Her out some strange belief that maybe She wouldn't eat them, that attacked JBLM, a place now so cursed that only acronyms can be used, were seemingly possessed. The rentacops guarding Airforce side were no match for them. We shant even go into what all those poor Airmen had to endure. When the mobs headed south to the Army side, things got Weird. They say that day She Herself appeared on the battlefield. How else could hipsters so easily destroy some of the most prestigious units in the Army. The 201st Badger Sniffers. Dead all of them by apparent suicide. The 4th, 6th and 80th Infantries. Slaughtered, torn apart from the inside, safely within their death wagons. It got worse as the line units were torn apart. Who have thought that hipsters would be so formidable.
Others would speak blasphemies and suggest that She bribed certain elite and unknown and unnamed units at that accursed place.
Someone asked Her once. He was found later floating under a bridge smiling in death.

A dark legion of hipsters. I like! '201st Badger Sniffers' :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

I am clear glass
The Dark Empress sees
through me

Before I was sand;
silicate burned by potential

Her breath was a burning torch
Her will a steady, spinning mandrel

Now in Her kiln,
patient in my annealing,
I await Her command.

-- prayer of the glass smith

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Everything you pick up has to be put somewhere else. What is important, in these new days, is to make sure it gets put somewhere useful. If not appropriate.

Half the town is working in the old landfill today. There's a big fire downwind and off to one side where everything that can be burned and has no use goes. The fire never goes out. Dirty decades-old diapers, fossilized rancid food stuff, and plastic detritus make up the vast majority of what we pull out of the landfill. Diapers and food go straight to the fires. But the plastic . . . that stuff is better than gold.

Once it has been cleaned as much as possible, it's categorized properly. Building material, weapon-grade, textile-grade.

Building plastic is chopped up and tossed into a cauldron of Plas Brew and cooked down into putty. Then it's poured into the brick-mold and squished down into a 6 x 6 x 4 block. After that, it cures for a day and then is placed in the wall surrounding the town or sold to another town wanting a wall to keep out critters and would-be attackers.

I don't know who came up with the Plas Brew. The Plastic Smiths oversee that and they're very particular about their secrets. One theory is that Old Doktor Howl, mad-man on the moon, was trying to make moonshine (har har!) and accidentally came up with a formula for turning plastic trash into harder-than-stone, unburnable blocks.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Weapon plastic is mostly the trashbags themselves, cleaned and folded and pressed together, paper thin, over and over, then sharpened on one edge.

Textile plastic are mostly plastic shopping bags, cut into strips and turned into a kind of yarn that is woven to create tarps, tenting, and cots. Some people wear it poncho-style or fashion rain hats but most consider it too bulky and stifling for clothing.

There's some experimenting in using it for nets to catch fish or just strain waste and debris from the water ways. But that's a worry for another day.

Today's worry is the landfill and repurposing the foul muck left behind by our ancestors. I wonder if they knew someone else was going to half to clean this up. I wonder if they cared.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 28, 2012, 09:42:38 AM
I am clear glass
The Dark Empress sees
through me

Before I was sand;
silicate burned by potential

Her breath was a burning torch
Her will a steady, spinning mandrel

Now in Her kiln,
patient in my annealing,
I await Her command.

-- prayer of the glass smith

I love this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 29, 2012, 05:12:42 AM
Everything you pick up has to be put somewhere else. What is important, in these new days, is to make sure it gets put somewhere useful. If not appropriate.

Half the town is working in the old landfill today. There's a big fire downwind and off to one side where everything that can be burned and has no use goes. The fire never goes out. Dirty decades-old diapers, fossilized rancid food stuff, and plastic detritus make up the vast majority of what we pull out of the landfill. Diapers and food go straight to the fires. But the plastic . . . that stuff is better than gold.

Once it has been cleaned as much as possible, it's categorized properly. Building material, weapon-grade, textile-grade.

Building plastic is chopped up and tossed into a cauldron of Plas Brew and cooked down into putty. Then it's poured into the brick-mold and squished down into a 6 x 6 x 4 block. After that, it cures for a day and then is placed in the wall surrounding the town or sold to another town wanting a wall to keep out critters and would-be attackers.

I don't know who came up with the Plas Brew. The Plastic Smiths oversee that and they're very particular about their secrets. One theory is that Old Doktor Howl, mad-man on the moon, was trying to make moonshine (har har!) and accidentally came up with a formula for turning plastic trash into harder-than-stone, unburnable blocks.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Weapon plastic is mostly the trashbags themselves, cleaned and folded and pressed together, paper thin, over and over, then sharpened on one edge.

Textile plastic are mostly plastic shopping bags, cut into strips and turned into a kind of yarn that is woven to create tarps, tenting, and cots. Some people wear it poncho-style or fashion rain hats but most consider it too bulky and stifling for clothing.

There's some experimenting in using it for nets to catch fish or just strain waste and debris from the water ways. But that's a worry for another day.

Today's worry is the landfill and repurposing the foul muck left behind by our ancestors. I wonder if they knew someone else was going to half to clean this up. I wonder if they cared.

And this.

The old man on the moon howls into space
His rage reflects Earth's disgrace
If we are bipeds he won't kill us dead
But if we're bad, we'll wish he had.

--- child's nursery rhyme