News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Regarding "Affirmations"

Started by LMNO, November 12, 2009, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

So in keeping with the idea of this thread.....

I want Enki, TOA and KopyKat to GO AWAY!!

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2009, 09:49:29 PM
Is it jealousy, Enki? You and TOA and KopyKat... is it because you're incapable of writing out a well-thought post like LMNO's OP here, so when you see one, and the thread is going somewhere good with it, you feel such impotent spite rooted in your own incompetence that you can't resist the urge to try to derail or kill it with complete, moronic inanities?

You mean giving a well-known example of a personal affirmation that meets the criteria of the OP post isn't productive? I didn't derail the thread; you guys did it yourselves.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 12, 2009, 10:06:44 PM
Is it jealousy, Enki? You and TOA and KopyKat... is it because you're incapable of writing out a well-thought post like LMNO's OP here, so when you see one, and the thread is going somewhere good with it, you feel such impotent spite rooted in your own incompetence that you can't resist the urge to try to derail or kill it with complete, moronic inanities?

You mean giving a well-known example of a personal affirmation that meets the criteria of the OP post isn't productive? I didn't derail the thread; you guys did it yourselves.

You posted an unattributed quote without context or explanation. It looked like nonsense, which you have given yourself a reputation for posting. The fact that someone ELSE looked up and posted an explanation does not absolve you of posting nonsense. Without attribution or context, the wisest quote is still atopical nonsense. Someone else doing your work for you doesn't make it OK.

Grow the fuck up. If you can't be bothered to post something coherent, don't post, because you're not contributing anything, you're just detracting from the conversation.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 12, 2009, 10:06:44 PM

Bullshit.  You gave a quote without attribution or context, just to look like the pretentious fuckwad that you are.  You did this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

MY AFFIRMATION DIDN"T WORK DAMMIT!!! :argh!:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on November 12, 2009, 10:33:19 PM

KEEP TRYING

I'LL DO IT WITH YOU.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2009, 11:28:38 PM
Quote from: Khara on November 12, 2009, 10:33:19 PM

KEEP TRYING

I'LL DO IT WITH YOU.

Christ Nigel, I came on here this morning and we seem to have made it worse.....  That little furbyfuck is everywhere...  :x

LMNO

I know this thread has gone to flaming, but I just wanted to point out that the above posts are diametircally opposed to what the OP was talking about.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on November 13, 2009, 03:12:07 PM
I know this thread has gone to flaming, but I just wanted to point out that the above posts are diametircally opposed to what the OP was talking about.

I understand what an actual affirmation is.  I have refrained from sharing my personal experience with affirmations because nobody wants to read that shit. 

It was a lame attempt at humor on my part, so sorry I shit in your thread.... 

LMNO

Eh, the thread died yesterday, anyhow.  No worries. I just wanted to explicitly point out the difference.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 13, 2009, 03:32:01 PM
Eh, the thread died yesterday, anyhow.  No worries. I just wanted to explicitly point out the difference.

Should I shovel it out?

You have caught me in a rare, non-lazy moment.  Make use of it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Fuck it.  Let this serve as an object-lesson.

Also, it was just something I wanted to get out of my system. It's not new knowledge.

anime

Quote from: LMNO on November 13, 2009, 07:51:54 PM
Fuck it.  Let this serve as an object-lesson.

Also, it was just something I wanted to get out of my system. It's not new knowledge.

it does help me. what i had been doing was writing down epiphanies i had, and the lack of organization or timeline in my notes causes a lot of muck on the road to personal progress. this idea will help me a lot.

and actually, the one time i've used something similar to this was with buddhist breathing exercises. the idea was to come up with a personal mantra that you speak as you breathe out, thus measuring the length of your breath and opening yourself up to whatever thought you were washing your brain with at the time. this is a useful tip for really getting that mantra to stick.

one of mine from a while ago:

breathe in on 6 count or whatever
breathe out whispering "now i awake to the beauty of the world"

i don't know, not meant to be an exact science, but it has a calming effect and gives you something to meditate on.