News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

First case of Ekbom's Syndrome.

Started by Kai, January 19, 2010, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 19, 2010, 06:06:29 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:03:53 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 19, 2010, 05:59:52 PM
Reminds me of Morgellons disease. The only way to cure these people is MORE PILLS!

Meh.  At least it keeps 'em quiet. 

I mean, if you can't cure them, you may as well keep them from waking the neighbors.
I've heard whispered rumors that they have done some studies on Obecalp which does wonders on stuff like this.  :wink:

Fuck sugar pills.  Fill the bastards to the brim with Klonopin, and keep them busy with side effects.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Reminds me of Morgellons disease. The only way to cure these people is MORE PILLS!

Morgellons may not be a disease on it's own, but rather a symptom of several other disorders, including Ekbom's.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on January 19, 2010, 06:14:21 PM

Morgellons may not be a disease on it's own, but rather a symptom of several other disorders, including Ekbom's.

Morgellon's seems more like attention-whoring, whereas this woman seems to be an Entomophobe.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 06:21:29 PM
Quote from: Kai on January 19, 2010, 06:14:21 PM

Morgellon's seems more like attention-whoring, whereas this woman seems to be an Entomophobe.

I think this is an actual psychological disorder. I was surprised to hear the pest control guy use psychosomatic, and I think it fits.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Cainad (dec.)

Diseases like these are weird. It's hard to draw the line between "There's nothing wrong with you, GTFO and STFU" and "There is, in fact, something wrong with you, but it isn't what you think it is and you'll probably get mad at me if I tell you what's really going on."

Kinda like fibromyalgia: there is nothing, physiologically, wrong with the person's body, but they are in pain. And the mere idea of that annoys the piss outta people.

Kai

Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 06:35:17 PM
Diseases like these are weird. It's hard to draw the line between "There's nothing wrong with you, GTFO and STFU" and "There is, in fact, something wrong with you, but it isn't what you think it is and you'll probably get mad at me if I tell you what's really going on."

Kinda like fibromyalgia: there is nothing, physiologically, wrong with the person's body, but they are in pain. And the mere idea of that annoys the piss outta people.

Physiologically, there is though. Neurology is based in physiology.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Kai on January 19, 2010, 06:44:58 PM
Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 06:35:17 PM

Physiologically, there is though. Neurology is based in physiology.

Point. I forgot to make that distinction.