News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Obama coming to Providence on Monday.

Started by Suu, October 22, 2010, 04:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

So...we have to shut down classes, since the fucker is taking up all the parking spots in our garage.

As for WHY he's coming, he's supporting David Cicilline for Congress, who I am voting AGAINST because he's a flamboyant lying sack of shit who put Providence into the shitter. Democrat or not, he is NOT getting my vote. And the fact that the President is supporting him makes me upset. I know he's doing it because he wants to maintain the Democrat majority, but UGH.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Adios

Politics as usual. I wonder what it costs taxpayers for Obama to make this little run.

Suu

It's costing me my German class in which I needed to get a picture of my professor for Cain...Oh, and take my midterm.

It's costing Providence money it doesn't have either.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

I don't think I'm even going to bother. I'll be down here for work in the AM, and then I'm going home and hiding until all this is over. This city is batshit enough.

Disco Pickle

if you can streak the rally and get him to react to it, it's worth $1,000,000

that is, if this guy doesn't collect first.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/man-streaks-front-obama-1-million_501259.html
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Dysnomia

yeah he apparently is coming to the Bay Area this weekend too Suu.  To support someone.  I forget who though.
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Cuddlefish

I will carry a placard (assuming this is going down after I get out of class). I will now take suggestions for messages on said placard.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Suu

Quote from: Cuddlefist on October 22, 2010, 05:46:31 PM
I will carry a placard (assuming this is going down after I get out of class). I will now take suggestions for messages on said placard.

He's arriving at Quonset at 4, and then I guess he's going to something in Woonsocket first. Why? I don't know, probably to see the jobless masses yearning to perform more arson.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: 1st Church of Suu, Princess. on October 22, 2010, 06:07:29 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefist on October 22, 2010, 05:46:31 PM

He's arriving at Quonset at 4, and then I guess he's going to something in Woonsocket first. Why? I don't know, probably to see the jobless masses yearning to perform more arson.

I might be able to make that. I just need 2 or 3 peeps and some slogans.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.