News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

I am drinking the worst wine in the world.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, December 25, 2010, 01:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't know what asshole left this bottle here, but it's called "Tisdale" and it's so vile I have had two sips and am throwing the rest out.

There is really no excuse for wine this shitty to even exist. Even Trader Joe's has a drinkable wine for three dollars, FFS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Worse even than Manischewitz, MD20/20, or Wild Irish Rose?
Formerly something else...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bruno

Quote from: Nigel on December 25, 2010, 02:11:07 AM
Those aren't really wine!

Oh, really?

I'm not really a wine drinker, and as such have difficulty telling the difference between things that are wine, and things that are not wine.
Formerly something else...

Lies

1. Buy lots of bottles of Tisdale
2. Open restaurant, make it the most expensive wine on the list and sell it to wine snobs.
3. ????
4. PROFIT.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Dysnomia

I've never heard of it, but it sounds horrid.  What sort of wine is it Nigel?

I don't mind Trader Joe's "TJRCWF" (trader joes really cool wine find). 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on December 25, 2010, 02:25:50 AM

Oh, really?

I'm not really a wine drinker, and as such have difficulty telling the difference between things that are wine, and things that are not wine.

Those are really wine.

Manischevits and wild Irish rose in particular, just really bad ones, mad dog is a fortified wine, so it depends on how strict a definition you are using.  Keeping out fortified wines keeps out port though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Roaring Biscuit!

we are having mulled wine this xmas.  Normally that means "regular wine but warmed up and with an orange in it".  This year there is a bottle of brandy that my dad is trying to get rid of.

Holy Fuck.

Give it to me,  I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference at this late stage.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on December 25, 2010, 08:18:33 AM

Oh, really?

Those are really wine.

Manischevits and wild Irish rose in particular, just really bad ones, mad dog is a fortified wine, so it depends on how strict a definition you are using.  Keeping out fortified wines keeps out port though.

Um, no. You are talking out of your ass. Manischewitz contains corn syrup, so it's a wine beverage, not wine. Fortified wine is a wine beverage, not wine, which rules out Wild Rose and Mad Dog. It's like "meat food product".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Able on December 25, 2010, 02:18:56 AM
That's not the one I got is it?

No, that wine was pretty decent. This is leftover from my Yule dinner.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: SARAH PALIN on December 25, 2010, 03:50:01 AM
I've never heard of it, but it sounds horrid.  What sort of wine is it Nigel?

I don't mind Trader Joe's "TJRCWF" (trader joes really cool wine find). 

I think it's labeled Cabernet Sauvignon.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Nigel on December 25, 2010, 06:18:37 PM

Oh, really?

Those are really wine.

Um, no. You are talking out of your ass. Manischewitz contains corn syrup, so it's a wine beverage, not wine. Fortified wine is a wine beverage, not wine, which rules out Wild Rose and Mad Dog. It's like "meat food product".

I'm not, I sold wine for three years.  Port is definitely not a "wine beverage" It's fortified wine.  It might not be wine somewhere with a stricter definition than the US, but here so long as the primary fermentable is fruit juice and it is not a cider it's wine.  You can add all sorts of adjuncts (including corn syrup) and still have it be wine.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

the last yatto

Quote from: Nigel on December 25, 2010, 06:19:10 PM
Quote from: Able on December 25, 2010, 02:18:56 AM
That's not the one I got is it?

No, that wine was pretty decent. This is leftover from my Yule dinner.

Figured that hipster place had some quality control.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on December 25, 2010, 06:48:05 PM
Quote from: Nigel on December 25, 2010, 06:18:37 PM

Oh, really?

Those are really wine.

I'm not, I sold wine for three years.  Port is definitely not a "wine beverage" It's fortified wine.  It might not be wine somewhere with a stricter definition than the US, but here so long as the primary fermentable is fruit juice and it is not a cider it's wine.  You can add all sorts of adjuncts (including corn syrup) and still have it be wine.

Manischwitz, Wild Rose, and Mad Dog are not port. Port gets to still be wine because it is fortified with GRAPE SPIRITS and not GRAIN ALCOHOL or sweetened with CORN SYRUP.  Ass-talker.