News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

I'm pretty sure I saw someone die tonight.

Started by Suu, April 11, 2011, 05:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I was out with some SCA peeps celebrating a fellows b-day when a fight broke out between patrons at our bar and the bar across the street. Before we knew it, it went from "Heh, bar fight" to, "Um...no one go outside..." And then, well, splat...the guy fell straight backwards off the curb, and, as described as a passer-by, sounded like, "someone dropped a watermelon on the pavement."

...That passer-by was Deirdre, my old coworker, who was on her way to our usual old spot, which is actually where we started the night before moving on.

The bar got cold and silent. Like we knew...we knew the minute we heard him go down that he was probably going to die. The server ran outside with paper towels, and despite Deirdre yelling at them as she called the cops, his friends moved his body anyway.

Ambulance came, cops came, DETECTIVE came...taking statements on a possible manslaughter.

We watched a guy get shoved by the police, and then taken down.

It was all just...fucking horrible.

After the scene was cleaned up, I cashed out and went back to the other bar to meet Deirdre when she texted me to tell me she saw me and asking about what happened.

I had 5 beers and I'm totally goddamn sober.

:|
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Suu

No, I was inside the whole time. I was curious and had a window seat, but I didn't get up. I knew better.

Deirdre was the one that called the EMS, but she wasn't questioned. We had a couple of our crew out there (none of them were SCAdians, just folks that the birthday boy knew from his club scene) and they were stuck out there for a good hour in the drizzle and dropping temps so the detective could question them. Fortunately the guys in the bar were mad cool about getting their food reheated.

I'm going to run some google-fu and see if anything comes up...see if the kid died or not.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Suu

No. Not terribly.

We haven't heard anything yet, but the condition the guy was in when he was down wasn't...well, it wasn't conducive to a healthy long life. I didn't bother getting up to look, but what I heard from others was enough.

It was nice to see Deirdre again, I just wish that the circumstances were a bit less than horrendous. LOL.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

East Coast Hustle

Some people have to learn the REALLY hard way not to talk shit to strangers. :lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"