News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Humans DO degrade.

Started by Salty, September 19, 2011, 06:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Even when all that nice, shiny petroleum is gone plastic will infect every aspect of our lives. It's more than the wrappings that cover everything we purchase, protecting every fiber and button and nook and pocket to ensure Freshness so that we feel like what we own is ours, whether it's subsidized or not. Plastic is more than what locks in that new car smell, is what I'm saying.

It's a mindset we've (yeah that means you too, specifically) placed on top of what once might have been free to grow without being choked to death. The first thing that may come to mind are those perfect teeth, the clean and relentless smile of a salesman, offering you your dreams made material whether you're sleeping or not. And that certainly is a part of it. But it's also an easy target. What's not so easy to see is the multitude of open, hungry, and razor-blade lined mouths of people who want and want and want.

Both of these people are a part of the problem.
Both of these people are getting fucked by forces they can, but probably won't take the time to, comprehend.
Both of these people are on the same side.

It's easy to see the salesman and the consumer as bad guys because they ARE bad guys. They're both trying to GIT SOME and they're both complaining about things they really shouldn't, not when there's much worse going on outside their fragile windows. Very unfortunately they are both the people we need in order to fix The Problem. We need to get both of them to stop bickering about the minutiae that allows them to keep fucking scrawny brown people half a world and a million lifetimes away, turn their stupid, stagnant heads and see the small group of drunk people sitting and laughing from atop giant stack of cash.

But they won't. I'd argue that most of them can't. That plastic wraps its way around them and buckles down tight. It fits their bodies perfectly, no matter how much mass they pack on. Plastic allows for mass, oh you bet. It does not allow for movement though. Eventually it worms its way inside and all those mushy bits where glands do their business of making them care are sealed off and die.

And when the oil runs out, when there's no more wrappers and nothing to wrap up, the plastic inside people will stay. It doesn't degrade, it doesn't die. Plastic becomes a living thing where people used to be.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Dude, you are fucking KILLING it lately!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Salty

Thanks!

Turns out not smoking the herb let's my brain do things.  :D

Jenne

The rage can be felt from here, Alty.  :D

LMNO

Quote from: Alty on September 20, 2011, 12:33:55 AM

Good life lesson.

The Wizard Joseph

:mittens:

You've consistently scared the crap out of me since the first day I got here Alty.  For me The Terror is in the permanence of some of our decisions as a species.  Good stuff!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Scribbly

This gave me shivers.

Awesome. :mittens:
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Cainad (dec.)

Wicked! If my head wasn't all cotton fluff today, I'd write a proper response. For now, have some more :mittens:

Freeky

Quote from: Alty on September 20, 2011, 12:33:55 AM
Thanks!

Good man.

Salty

Heh. Thanks. I want to every damned day, but the benefits of not doing so are too clear to me now.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Murmur

Very nice, Alty!  Keep it coming!

:)
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR