News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

People Like Us

Started by Doktor Howl, February 10, 2015, 04:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 10:16:49 AM
It's 4 in the morning here's your stupid poem!! Now for fuck sake Eris let me sleep!!!

We're the sleepless, shaky scribes
whose rogue jots and
tiddles utterly riddled
the pages of the Torah.

Rogue Greeks and math geeks
shrieking DODECAHEDRON!!
at the top of their lungs
as they bid the cult goodbye.

Masters of astronomy
thinking "That can't be!"
while being tried for blasphemy
and not once recanting their counting

Orators and oracles
who with but breath, tongue and lips
into the ears of the mob slip
far too many a terrible parable

The quiet ones
in back of the bus
making no particular fuss
seeing more TRUTH
on their screen
than They ever did
mean for you to

This was YOUR faults Howl and Cainad.. ok that was the sleep dep. Sorry.
My fault. I read PD.com before trying to sleep. The Necronomicon didn't give me this much trouble. Love your work. Hope I sleep now.

Careful not to step in the ftang.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 13, 2015, 05:13:36 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2015, 10:16:49 AM
It's 4 in the morning here's your stupid poem!! Now for fuck sake Eris let me sleep!!!

We're the sleepless, shaky scribes
whose rogue jots and
tiddles utterly riddled
the pages of the Torah.

Rogue Greeks and math geeks
shrieking DODECAHEDRON!!
at the top of their lungs
as they bid the cult goodbye.

Masters of astronomy
thinking "That can't be!"
while being tried for blasphemy
and not once recanting their counting

Orators and oracles
who with but breath, tongue and lips
into the ears of the mob slip
far too many a terrible parable

The quiet ones
in back of the bus
making no particular fuss
seeing more TRUTH
on their screen
than They ever did
mean for you to

This was YOUR faults Howl and Cainad.. ok that was the sleep dep. Sorry.
My fault. I read PD.com before trying to sleep. The Necronomicon didn't give me this much trouble. Love your work. Hope I sleep now.

Careful not to step in the ftang.

I might have once.. maybe more like laid down in... whatever it was. Just me and the pilfered electronic copy of the $9.95 Book of Doom I had been reading left open on the screen of my laptop. Maybe 7ish years ago now.

Was struck, as I lay there half awake, by the horrific sense of spacelessness and the sense that I really was ultimately just a brain in a jar waiting for the cracks in the glass to fatally widen one day and get blown out into an horrific and ravenous void.

Not quite a night terror, I think, in that I had full control of my body and no sensory hallucinations.

I wrestled with the concept a bit and then mentally facepalmed, reached over and powered down my laptop, and sort of grabbed the upsetting concept 'by the junk' mentally and shook out of my stupor, hard. Then went to bed happy as a clam.

But this poetry thing is new and I feel like I'm expressing some things that I've been holding back for some time.

Oh and just so you know while I was working so hard to clear my head and do sleep I kept hearing "tomorrow is the enemy" in the back of my mind.

Then I realized I was better off losing another hour or so expressing that piece than two more continuing to try winning against myself, or whatever. Slept sound not too long after posting.

No regrets, thanks for the motivational quote sir, and I'm very glad I did it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl