News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Welcom to the Discordian Discotheque

Started by AFK, June 22, 2006, 04:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Have you ever meandered?  Yes, you heard the question right.  Have you ever just let yourself go where it wanted to go?  Or do you fret and fear about doing that the "right" way too?  You don't have to live your life like it's a Pop Song.  Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus, Solo/Rap, Chorus.  Why not break out into a 30 minute Improv Jam once in awhile?

You don't need to sell-out to their mainstream life structure.  Don't cut your hair.  Don't get a "real" job.  Even if you do end up in a 3-minute Piece of Cheese you could at least try different instrumentation.  Have you ever heard "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" played on a wood saw?  Open your ears and your mind!

Have you seen Leif Garrett lately?  Brittney Spears?  Brian Wilson?  He hasn't seen himself since 1975!  Pop maims!  Pop twists!  But, alas, my friend, you cannot kill it.  It's like The Machine(tm).  It's, in fact, an implement of The Machine(tm) to keep you in the "Green Zone" of numbing "safety."  It's the trail of Reese's Pieces to keep you heading in the "right" direction.

But, you can resist.  Well, maybe you can't.  If not, do us all, and yourself, a favor... Quit reading this RIGHT NOW!  Kill yourself and sear the body!  You are only feedint IT.  You are only making it bigger.  I know it's easy.  I know it's the path of least resistence.  It's comfortable, familiar, cozy, warm, inviting, and you are gone...

We are all destined to the ultimate obscurity of non-existence.  Why not make your mark while you still can?

Here's a drum for you.  Start marching to YOUR beat!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

B_M_W

Fucking SWOTE!

I LOVE the musical metaphores.!
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.