News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

HIMEOBS ---> Dead.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 07, 2007, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

It's not really global warming.  It's climate change.

Pff.  Weather predictions.

Mourning Star

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 29, 2007, 05:31:05 PM

I figure if I were to lay out a twister mat, with weather types instead of colours.  And were to hover my fat ass over the mat from the top of a ladder, and make my predictions based upon what squares the shit splattered on,  I'd be reasonably as accurate as any meteorologist.

:troll:
~Angel
Continuing the threadjack from network security class.

Jasper

The real weather would still affect your findings.  Air pressure, wind, moisture in the air, would all have minute or not so minute effects on where the poo landed.

Triple Zero

that still doesn't imply it would have the right effect on his conclusions!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mourning Star

All I'm saying, is that with how random the process for "prediction" seems to be.  That this method would likely be at least as accurate...

And if not, at least it would be entertaining to some crowds.

B_M_W

Quote from: Felix Mackay on January 29, 2007, 05:31:05 PM

THANK you.

Someone who gets it, ITT.

BTW, Im taking Hydrology this semester, and you wouldn't believe the amount of time that goes into calculations of probability of rain and flood events.

And how many stupid humans out there think "this is a hundred year floodplain, and we had a hundred year flood last year, so that means I can build right up next to the river cause there won't be another flood that size for another hundred years".

They, my friends, are the reason that flood insurance is so expensive.  :argh!:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Cain

My dad deals with people like that on a daily basis.  Flood defense engineer for one of the most flooded parts of the country.  We've got a whole river valley/hill/plain leading to the low coastline deal going on here.  In 2001 our village was actually cut off from the outside world for 4 days because rain cut all the roads going out (hills ftw though).

B_M_W

I would think you would have to have a good sense of humor with a job like that. The hydrologist I take the class from has an excelent sense of humor and thats prolly the only way she gets by with some of that stupidity.

Otherwise, you're fucked.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Cain

Yeah.  The late nights are fun too.  All around where I live is countryside, with a few rural towns.  Back then, we were in one of the more rural areas.  Having to go out, in the dark, miles from anywhere and prevent floods can very easily try your patience.

rabidpigmy

You know what wes countryside folks do.

Mourning Star

Cain

Yes.

Cain,
lived in the country for far too long.

theCalmpsychopath

where i come from, we don't use hamsters, we use retards
the human brain is like a grizzly bear with a midget on the back trying to control it

Cain

Those hamsters are mentally challenged.  And calling them retards is offensive.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2007, 11:24:50 AM
My dad deals with people like that on a daily basis.  Flood defense engineer for one of the most flooded parts of the country.  We've got a whole river valley/hill/plain leading to the low coastline deal going on here.  In 2001 our village was actually cut off from the outside world for 4 days because rain cut all the roads going out (hills ftw though).

shnapp that sounds like four days of terrifying paradise.