News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

The Best Map

Started by LHX, January 18, 2007, 01:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Howl

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on February 16, 2007, 02:07:59 AM
Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 02:01:31 AM
Either that, or you decided to substitute a cheap shot for an argument.  Based on your posts so far, I think that's more likely.  

On a related note, you've never rebuilt a car engine, have you?  I mean, since tools don't have standard actions, I imagine you found some way to use a socket wrench as a gear puller.  I'd be interested in any new insights you have...you know, like using a screwdriver as a torque wrench, etc.

God damn. You're either a brilliant troll, or a complete fucktard. (Just thought it was worth stating.)

Is there any reason I can't be both?  I think I've clearly stated that I am an idiot.  There's no reason I can't be a genius troll, too.

GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 01:57:04 AM

Do you really believe that we actually BELIEVE all this stuff?

I think LHX does.  Not too sure about you, yet.  You came running pretty quick.

As for the D&D quip, I find it bizzare that anyone would think that tools have some kind of standard action for which they are useful, and that you could put a "good" or "bad" lable on that. "Whatever works".

Either that, or you decided to substitute a cheap shot for an argument.  Based on your posts so far, I think that's more likely.  

On a related note, you've never rebuilt a car engine, have you?  I mean, since tools don't have standard actions, I imagine you found some way to use a socket wrench as a gear puller.  I'd be interested in any new insights you have...you know, like using a screwdriver as a torque wrench, etc.

1)LHX doesn't believe this stuff. We've had talks in the past about how full of shit it is. Hes had the good nature to tell ME how full of shit I am when I start spouting BS. Its all mind excersises really, all this occult stuff, new metaphores that we can apply to think in new ways about things.

2)No, but I've taken a laptop appart, and let me tell you, theres lots of stuff in your desk drawer that can become tools if you need them. I figure theres a similar level of complexity there.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 02:15:49 AM

As for the D&D quip, I find it bizzare that anyone would think that tools have some kind of standard action for which they are useful, and that you could put a "good" or "bad" lable on that. "Whatever works".

1)LHX doesn't believe this stuff. We've had talks in the past about how full of shit it is. Hes had the good nature to tell ME how full of shit I am when I start spouting BS. Its all mind excersises really, all this occult stuff, new metaphores that we can apply to think in new ways about things.

2)No, but I've taken a laptop appart, and let me tell you, theres lots of stuff in your desk drawer that can become tools if you need them. I figure theres a similar level of complexity there.

1)  That's not the impression I get.  He complains too much about "modern science" being inadequate. 

2)  Yeah, you've never rebuilt an engine.
GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 02:19:51 AM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 02:15:49 AM

1)  That's not the impression I get.  He complains too much about "modern science" being inadequate. 

2)  Yeah, you've never rebuilt an engine.

Tell me, have you ever taken apart a laptop?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Doc Howl

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 02:28:01 AM

Nope.  Is there a torque spec for putting it back together?  Any timing issues to worry about?  Any machining necessary?
GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 02:34:58 AM

Nope.  Is there a torque spec for putting it back together?  Any timing issues to worry about?  Any machining necessary?

Nope, you haven't. And if you haven't actually worked with a laptop before, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Period.

Theres a reason they void warrenty if there is any evidence of being opened.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 02:39:08 AM

Nope, you haven't. And if you haven't actually worked with a laptop before, you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Period.

Yeah, I pretty much said "nope" as in "nope, I have never taken a laptop apart".  Then I asked you a couple of questions about it.

So now maybe you can explain why not having dismantled a laptop makes me incapable of knowing what the fuck I am talking about when it comes to tools.  This I GOTTA hear.

GET IT OFF ME!

Doc Howl

GET IT OFF ME!

Doc Howl

No response.  Well, this Buddhist Monk guy is a punk.  End of story.
GET IT OFF ME!

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: LHX on February 15, 2007, 10:40:38 PM
conventional history and science fall short of explaining a lot of shit

namely ridiculously self-destructive tendencies

fear?

primative fear, still left over from our pre-civ days?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jasper

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 03:11:56 AM
No response. Well, this Buddhist Monk guy is a punk. End of story.

Timezones.  BMW sleeps like anyone else.

You act a lot like Roger.  Very easy to believe you knew each other.

Doc Howl

Quote from: Felix Mackay on February 16, 2007, 05:56:49 AM

BMW was here during the entire interval between those posts.

And Roger and I have known each other since 1987.  Roger is the reasonable one.  He was always telling us to calm down, when there are hundreds of people walking around begging to be punched in the face.

You know Efrim, right?
GET IT OFF ME!

B_M_W

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 02:41:45 AM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on February 16, 2007, 02:39:08 AM

Yeah, I pretty much said "nope" as in "nope, I have never taken a laptop apart".  Then I asked you a couple of questions about it.

So now maybe you can explain why not having dismantled a laptop makes me incapable of knowing what the fuck I am talking about when it comes to tools.  This I GOTTA hear.

You Win argument, I loose. Game over.

You can tear apart the occult all you want, personally I never cared enough for this shit in the first place. I only jumped in to help X get accross what he was saying. Obviously failed at that.

Besides, I've got other things on my mind right now. Think of me what you will

Jasper

Quote from: Doc Howl on February 16, 2007, 02:04:35 PM
Quote from: Felix Mackay on February 16, 2007, 05:56:49 AM

BMW was here during the entire interval between those posts.

And Roger and I have known each other since 1987. Roger is the reasonable one. He was always telling us to calm down, when there are hundreds of people walking around begging to be punched in the face.

You know Efrim, right?

I've heard the name, but I can't claim to know him.

Roger is reasonable, despite what people will say.

I think I remember his email, actually. 

rogerepenrose@comcast.com

Cain

Efrim is apparently the meanest hippie in the known world.  His dispatches from Europe are good reading.